MSC Dubai Cruises

Darcy15

We've just been looking at this itinerary, do MSC offer flights from Dublin? One date suggested they do but nothing showing for any others on the Website. Getting to Dubai from Ireland is looking challenging to say the least!

Emirates flies direct from Dublin. We were on Fantasia last February - MSC had flights and transfers included in the price. Fly out overnight. Only drawback was we had to meet at 2am for disembarkation on the last morning for transfer to the airport for a 7am return flight home. If we were to do it again, we'd book cruise and flights separately and overnight in Dubai after the cruise.

We're boarding Splendida in Dubai next March for her Grand Voyage to Japan; we booked a direct flight with Emirates.

Thanks Bea. 2am :eek: That's jolly unsociable ! I've found there is a 2pm direct flight and we'll look to have an extra night in Dubai on the Saturday. We just need to decide which itinery to select; to include Oman or Qatar.

The Grand Voyage to Japan looks fabulous, I did look at that but is too long for us just now.

p.s. thanks for mentioning the passport requirements, mine expires in April.

Thanks Bea. 2am :eek: That's jolly unsociable ! I've found there is a 2pm direct flight and we'll look to have an extra night in Dubai on the Saturday. We just need to decide which itinery to select; to include Oman or Qatar.

The Grand Voyage to Japan looks fabulous, I did look at that but is too long for us just now.

p.s. thanks for mentioning the passport requirements, mine expires in April.

I know that the itinerary to Oman is more popular and I'm happy that we're going that direction on the Grand Voyage.

We did the one to Qatar - we didn't get off at any of the ports except Dubai when we arrived back there where Fantasia overnighted. We had a full day before having to disembark at 2am! All we did was go to the Dubai mall. I really didn't enjoy the region. Visiting mosques and fancy hotels just didn't appeal. I'm also very uncomfortable with seeing women dressed in burkhas. That's all just me (DH feels the same) - I know many, many people love the region.

I spoke with couldn't offer the Dublin fllight as we're in the UK. I'd need to use a ROI TA. I'll arrange the flights separately, we'll get an extra night in Dubai so is our preferred choice. We've opted for the Qatar route, it's not a region we've explored before so looking forward to a new experience. Look out for my mountain of pre cruise questions now ;)

Well, I'll be no help, I'm afraid! Both CruiseIreland (Ken) and 1fifthavenue (Tim) are good bets, but I think they both did the other itinerary - at least Ken did. I know Tim did the repo back to the Med from Dubai/Abu Dhabi

There are a couple of other posters who will probably weigh in if they see your post. They're just not regular contributors so I can't recall their usernames. Suron (I think) is very knowledgeable about the region and will be a big help if she's around.

Hi cruisingfox. Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433826&highlight=Text+mex+menu

The offerings in Sombrero are discussed in post 16 onwards. Then follow Steamboat's posts for the review of the itinerary you are booking. I think MSC has changed their fly cruises to Abu Dhabi for next winter. Definitely book your own flights at times to suit you. Ken[Hi Bea- l may soon have questions for you!:*]

Hi cruisingfox. Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433826&highlight=Text+mex+menu

The offerings in Sombrero are discussed in post 16 onwards. Then follow Steamboat's posts for the review of the itinerary you are booking. I think MSC has changed their fly cruises to Abu Dhabi for next winter. Definitely book your own flights at times to suit you. Ken[Hi Bea- l may soon have questions for you!:*]

Thanks Ken.

The MSC Ireland website sailings for 2018 do indeed all show as departing Abu Dhabi, I can't book anything with them though as I'm in the UK. MSC UK don't now include flights from Dublin so we'll have to book our own. Surprisingly, there is a reasonably priced direct flight from Dublin. A good excuse for an extra couple of days in Dubai :D

The MSC Ireland website sailings for 2018 do indeed all show as departing Abu Dhabi, I can't book anything with them though as I'm in the UK. MSC UK don't now include flights from Dublin so we'll have to book our own. Surprisingly, there is a reasonably priced direct flight from Dublin. A good excuse for an extra couple of days in Dubai :D

Right on, CF! :cool:

I'm assuming you're flying Emirates? We got a nice deal with them, too, for our flights to Dubai one-way, then from Japan to Dublin via Dubai (I think it's referred to as multi-trip?).

Same trip in March on Splendida . Love all the posts . Have a great time in January will be watching out for your adventure here.

Did you know that Splendida is going into dry dock just before she heads off to Dubai for her Winter season? She's being given a sprucing up for her debut in China next year, so she should be looking very nice for your sailing:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/msc-cruises-ups-its-game-in-china-with-msc-splendida.html

• 5 months later...
Is it easy to get a metered taxi at port rashid. We are flying at 14.40. Will there be long queues? Is it likely to be chaotic with so many disembarking? Thank you

It should be fine. Many disembark much earlier at Dubai so the crowds may have settled. The taxi operators are very efficient there and will get everyone sorted.

• 4 months later...

Hi, we are doing this cruise on Splendida next January, we want to book a dhow cruise in Khasab privately. Anyone who has been there who could kindly confirm embarkation process at this port as it mentioned tender? Says arrival time 9.00 am but windering what time we would actually get to Khasab port?

I have done the Emirates cruise three times (twice with MSC) and have visited Khasab twice but it was not a tender port. Booked a private tour with Dolphin Khasab Tours - excellent service.

If you would like to read my reviews of Emirates cruise then go to

cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=2730228

If you are calling at Abu Dhabi then I would definitely recommend you take a visit to The Grand Mosque - it is breathtaking. Be sure to cover up - trousers/long skirts,no bare arms or shoulders for ladies and they should cover their heads. Gentlemen should wear long trousers

If Sir Bani Yas Island is on your sailing this is also worth visiting - the Jeep Safari was excellent. Tours on the island can only be booked via MSC either in advance or once on board.

Good luck with your plans.

Suzanne (Suron in Bristol, UK)

Thanks for information, it says on itinerary it's a tender port but guess we will find out on day. We have booked the Dolphin Khasab tour for the morning and will look at the other suggestions.

It was definitely a tender port when we visited on MSC Fantasia and we boarded the dhows straight off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was definitely a tender port when we visited on MSC Fantasia and we boarded the dhows straight off the ship.

1a171ee5baac37781abf99d74973609d.jpg

ef08538f3e0aac23d2041850591d07a1.jpg