More UBP Questions - Sorry

babs135

How will the bar staff know that I have the UBP?

Can I order ANY drink up to the value of $15?

How do they cost out drinks such as rum & coke or gin & tonic?

Thanks in advance.

It's marked on your card. Also, when they swipe your card then the system knows not to charge you.

You can order any alcoholic drink up to $15 but not bottles of wine (you get a discount), bottled water, cans of soda, buckets of beer, coffee and some others. Also, if you get a drink in a souvenir glass the glass is charged. There are some other exceptions, but most things are included.

I don't know how the drinks you mention are costed (similar to any bar I assume), It won't affect the UBP though.

Edited by KeithJenner

How will the bar staff know that I have the UBP?

You card will say UBP and the POS knows as well.

Can I order ANY drink up to the value of $15?

You can order any individual drink. You pay any amount above $15 for that one drink.

How do they cost out drinks such as rum & coke or gin & tonic?

They ring up the order in the POS the same regardless of UBP or not. They have to do this for inventory control. That Captain Morgan may have a lower internal charge than Bombay Sapphire is something you don't need to worry about.

Thanks in advance.

Answers inline.

It's marked on your card. Also, when they swipe your card then the system knows not to charge you.

You can order any alcoholic drink up to $15 but not bottles of wine (you get a discount), bottled water, cans of soda, buckets of beer, coffee and some others. Also, if you get a drink in a souvenir glass the glass is charged. There are some other exceptions, but most things are included.

I don't know how the drinks you mention are costed (similar to any bar I assume), It won't affect the UBP though.

Is this true? I thought you could not order buckets of beer. Would be awesome if true! I always thought you had to order an individual drink at a time with UBP.

also, don't be afraid to order the souvenir glass drink..... just order it without the souvenir glass .. the beverage part is included in the UBP

Here are the T&Cs (https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package):

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available on the Pride of America.

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Edited by esm54687

Anyone know if UBP will work onshore at Harvest Caye?

Doesn't look like it. TA's were told that everything will be run by people from Belize so everything will be pay as you go - not included in UBP or UDP. :mad:

Doesn't look like it. TA's were told that everything will be run by people from Belize so everything will be pay as you go - not included in UBP or UDP. :mad:

I'm going there with friends next March, and we half-jokingly said we will have to do a lot of trips back to the ship during the day to fully take advantage of our UBP :)

Generally it's as you're leaving the US, until you're a certain way out of port. 18 miles or something like that in Florida.

It's literally just a few bucks, nothing to worry about. we got on board at noon, and drank heartily right up until the ship left port and beyond and I think out tax charges totalled $20 for the two of us.

How do you find which ports have the extra charges? When in USA but sailing do the charges still apply?

I have the UBP package as a promotion, so I'm not out any money, but since I don't really drink anything but water, it's a shame that I could be ordering $10-$15 drinks for free, but have to pay out of pocket for a bottle of water.

The ship's water is fine, and I get the water package anyway, but the cognitive dissonance between having "unlimited beverages... except the cheapest one" is strange.

will be traveling on the Escape July 31st and have never cruised with Norwegian nor have we ever purchased a drink package. wondering If I'm understanding this correctly but the way I am reading it, Even though it says $79 per day per person + 18% gratuity, when I went to research it online and placed the package in my cart it was for all 6 days. Can you not just purchase the drink package by day?

The ship's water is fine, and I get the water package anyway, but the cognitive dissonance between having "unlimited beverages... except the cheapest one" is strange.

Agreed. It's always bugged me that a bottle of pop is cheaper than a bottle of water!

will be traveling on the Escape July 31st and have never cruised with Norwegian nor have we ever purchased a drink package. wondering If I'm understanding this correctly but the way I am reading it, Even though it says $79 per day per person + 18% gratuity, when I went to research it online and placed the package in my cart it was for all 6 days. Can you not just purchase the drink package by day?

No, you can't purchase the UBP per day. You must purchase it for the length of your cruise.

The UBP is priced per day, but you have to purchase it for the length of your cruise. It's in the T&Cs quoted above. You can't buy it for one day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh, another thing to remember is that the UBP ends when the last bar closes on the last night. Some people have assumed that you can get a final day mimosa or screwdriver etc with your final breakfast but you will be charged...

Oh, another thing to remember is that the UBP ends when the last bar closes on the last night. Some people have assumed that you can get a final day mimosa or screwdriver etc with your final breakfast but you will be charged...

Oh dear, this might just make me cancel my cruise......:D:D:D

Oh dear, this might just make me cancel my cruise......:D:D:D

:D:D and you would be surprised how many people are at Guest Services challenging those mimosas that last day... you know who they are when they are counting the days on their fingers to figure out the 7 day UBP expired yesterday.