Steak house help

kylesplash

I am going on a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream October 9th. October 14th is my 10 year wedding anniversary, and I was planning on going to the steak house that night. My dilemma is October 14th is also the 2nd formal night, and I really don't want to go to the steak house on a formal night. My question, should I go to the steak house on my anniversary, or do the steak house on a different night. Are there any menu benefits of attending the 2nd formal night? My past 2 cruises only had 1 formal night, and of course I love lobster. If I reschedule the steakhouse then technically I will have 3 formal nights.

Side note, I am doing the Cheers! program so the free wine on the first night is moot point.

TL;DR Should I skip 2nd formal night for the steak house, or schedule the steak house for a different night?

I am going on a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Dream October 9th. October 14th is my 10 year wedding anniversary, and I was planning on going to the steak house that night. My dilemma is October 14th is also the 2nd formal night, and I really don't want to go to the steak house on a formal night. My question, should I go to the steak house on my anniversary, or do the steak house on a different night. Are there any menu benefits of attending the 2nd formal night? My past 2 cruises only had 1 formal night, and of course I love lobster. If I reschedule the steakhouse then technically I will have 3 formal nights.

Side note, I am doing the Cheers! program so the free wine on the first night is moot point.

TL;DR Should I skip 2nd formal night for the steak house, or schedule the steak house for a different night?

Schedule the Steakhouse for the night before the 2nd elegant if that doesn't conflict with other plans.

If you can search for the 7 day menus, you'll see you won't be missing much in the MDR.

The second formal night is chateaubriand in the MDR and while it's good, it's not worth skipping your anniversary in the steakhouse. IMHO, CCL has the BEST steakhouse in the cruising industry :)

What is your favorite entree in the steak house?

Is the steak house lobster a greater portion than the MDR?

bigger, better, more flavorful, better sides, better apps, and better service. Actually, it's not even close. The steak is like Ruths Chris or Mortons.

What is you favorite entree? I hear the lamb is amazing.

N.Y. or Filet for me, my wife does not eat meat and said the Sea Bass was melt in your mouth amazing. The soups, especially the lobster bisque is to die for.

Did you order more than one app? I am going to have a hard time deciding.

I like the rib eye with the wasabi mashed potatoes. The shrimp cocktail is a good appetizer. My wife like the filet mignon. We mostly book the steakhouse for one of the formal nights.

Are the "Steakhouse Selections" available in the MDR really from the Steakhouse? My 15 year old son is quite the steak gourmand, we have a reservation for the Steakhouse our first night on board the Pride, just wondering if he will be ruined for all other food....

Definitely book the steakhouse for your anniversary date. Formal nights, especially the 2nd one have degenerated so much that the atmosphere is like any old night.

We typically eat at the steakhouse at least twice on a 5 night cruise and 3 times on a 7 night. The 4th night menu on the 5 night cruise is awful and we discovered it is next to impossible to get a reservation on the ship for that night. We have learned to always book all the reservations in advance.

The shrimp cocktail is the best! DH gets the larger filet one night and surf and turf the 2nd night. I usually get the lobster one night and the lamb the other night. If we go a 3rd night then we get the Sea bass. Service is great and so is the food. No comparison to the food on formal nights!

If you're a lamb lover, I highly recommend it.

FWIW the night the MDR has braised lamb, the lido is usually carving lamb. Might find carved lamb one lunchtime also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Should I skip 2nd formal night for the steak house, or schedule the steak house for a different night?

There is no lobster served in the MDR on the 2nd elegant night, so that would be one reason to book the steakhouse on your anniversary date. (It is only served on the 1st elegant night.) Make sure to book your steakhouse reservations early on the Dream. When we were on it, we waited until the 'morning of' and got stuck with a 9:00 PM reservation; nothing was available at an earlier time.

The steakhouse on the Dream was, hands down, our best experience ever! As for the lamb...one of my favorites to eat and they know how to do it! It is lamb two ways. No need for a side (unless you want). There are potatoes in the dish.

1797582_944281215599458_8910832497825514421_n.jpg?oh=196af4a2631776eb183c00e6f0f9711c&oe=58312851

We enjoyed ourselves so much the first night that we booked another night before we left that evening.

• 5 months later...

I am with everyone else here, book the steakhouse for your anniversary. You will not miss the MDR at all and the lobster is far superior to the MDR lobster (jumbo shrimps).

I have reservations for 4 nights in the steakhouse on my upcoming cruise, I could eat there every night and be very happy. I wish there was a way to access the menus in the MDR though before cruising. It would sure help when picking out our evenings to enjoy it there.

For those of you new to the steakhouse, one note is that you typically can't order multiples- in other words you can't order 2 appetizers... however, if you want 2 appetizers instead of an appetizer and a salad, I've heard that some servers are willing to substitute.

Others can weigh in here with their experiences- the one time I ate in the steakhouse I didn't try to substitute, although I'd probably love to next time I'm there!

For those of you new to the steakhouse, one note is that you typically can't order multiples- in other words you can't order 2 appetizers... however, if you want 2 appetizers instead of an appetizer and a salad, I've heard that some servers are willing to substitute.

Others can weigh in here with their experiences- the one time I ate in the steakhouse I didn't try to substitute, although I'd probably love to next time I'm there!

I've never tried to substitute anything, my focus is mainly the steak which is very hard to finish since it's so big and I'm so full.

We never had a problem ordering 2 appetizers. You can not have 2 entrees.