Open Letter To Norwegian Cruise Lines

It's July 20th and Guest Services told me this morning that the cheque was sent out on July 8th. and the account marked 'finalized'. Guess the Pony Express needs a new pony...so...still sitting by the post box...

I'm here to comfort you again Crown Vic :p .....I was also told my cheque was mailed July 8 and I open my mailbox each day with great anticipation :o ...but still waiting....our cheques must be in the same bag on the same pony ;)....

It's July 20th and Guest Services told me this morning that the cheque was sent out on July 8th. and the account marked 'finalized'. Guess the Pony Express needs a new pony...so...still sitting by the post box...

NCL sounds like the insurance companies. Try to drag things out hoping you'll get frustrated and go away.

Bill

I'm here to comfort you again Crown Vic :p .....I was also told my cheque was mailed July 8 and I open my mailbox each day with great anticipation :o ...but still waiting....our cheques must be in the same bag on the same pony ;)....

I've been waiting for a delivery from Dufry duty free since June 6th. I emailed today, and the thing they sent was returned (despite my confirming the address). They're resending today.

It's not exclusive to NCL.

Stephen

I've been waiting for a delivery from Dufry duty free since June 6th. I emailed today, and the thing they sent was returned (despite my confirming the address). They're resending today.

Stephen

Does that make it OK?

Stephen

We are not talking about the occassional snafu with delivery of our mail. We are talking about customer service.

One of our roll call members has had NCL admit that twice they have sent out a check for her with the wrong address on the label, despite their having her correct address on file.

Taking the experiences of our roll call as a whole, it is pretty easy to see what kind of Corporate customer service NCL finds acceptable.

Hang in there Vic. We finally got our check this week. I mailed in the form the last week of March right after our trip. First I heard was May 24 that it had been approved and sent to Accounting for payment. Check was dated 7/13, postmarked 7/14, and arrived 7/19. Overall, about 15 weeks.

I sent in my request on June 20 2106. Immediately got a scripted response that I will receive my refund in 15 business days from receipt of my request.

Nothing yet of course. I tried calling what they call customer support numerous times and sat on hold forever listening to crappy music along with commercials and apologies. We all know the drill.

I emailed them indicating that I am in the process of calling my credit card company along with showing them a copy of the refund promise and I will ask them to reverse the charges for that portion of the charge. If they will only do the entire amount, too bad for NCL. They can then bill me for the balance.

NCL is a piece of work..what they call customer service is an oxymoron.

Hang in there Vic. We finally got our check this week. I mailed in the form the last week of March right after our trip. First I heard was May 24 that it had been approved and sent to Accounting for payment. Check was dated 7/13, postmarked 7/14, and arrived 7/19. Overall, about 15 weeks.

I sent in my request on June 20 2106. Immediately got a scripted response that I will receive my refund in 15 business days from receipt of my request.

Nothing yet of course. I tried calling what they call customer support numerous times and sat on hold forever listening to crappy music along with commercials and apologies. We all know the drill.

I emailed them indicating that I am in the process of calling my credit card company along with showing them a copy of the refund promise and I will ask them to reverse the charges for that portion of the charge. If they will only do the entire amount, too bad for NCL. They can then bill me for the balance.

I think I see the problem. Somebody in IT made a typo on the email. If they change days to weeks, then expectations are met.

Stephen

NCL's standing response when filing claims is:

Your form was submitted successfully, please allow 15 business days for a response.

Norwegian Cruise Line Guest Relations

Note that says response, not refund. You can expect the refund in 15 weeks, as others have noted.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

Hello Freckles! Enjoying the warm weather? Yup! Still waiting! NCL Guest Services told me Friday that, if requested, they would 'stop payment' on the cheque and have it re-issued. Told them to 'hang loose'. I'll wait another week before going that route...and the beat goes on...

Thanks also to Dexddd. Happy that your cheque finally arrived...

Hello Freckles! Enjoying the warm weather? Yup! Still waiting! NCL Guest Services told me Friday that, if requested, they would 'stop payment' on the cheque and have it re-issued. Told them to 'hang loose'. I'll wait another week before going that route...and the beat goes on...

Thanks also to Dexddd. Happy that your cheque finally arrived...

Keep the faith Crown Vic!! My cheque arrived today :D, cheque dated July 6, envelope postmarked July 15, not July 8. :confused:

Keep the faith Crown Vic!! My cheque arrived today :D, cheque dated July 6, envelope postmarked July 15, not July 8. :confused:

The July 6 date seems to align with what a few people posted, thT they only did checks on Wednesdays.

Glad you finally got your refund.

Bill

Not to go into a long story, but I had an issue with shore excursion change and was entitled to a refund of difference in price in my opinion. The new policy is the onboard staff have no discretion in these matters. I had to contact corporate. I did they agreed to create mt credit card in April...still waiting..new strategy is to make things difficult until people give up..

Not to go into a long story, but I had an issue with shore excursion change and was entitled to a refund of difference in price in my opinion. The new policy is the onboard staff have no discretion in these matters. I had to contact corporate. I did they agreed to create mt credit card in April...still waiting..new strategy is to make things difficult until people give up..

Do you have that in WRITING from NCL, or just "some rep told me"?

If in writing, send that to your credit card company, and they may follow up for you.

Good luck.

Woo hoo, Freckles and Dexddd. It's here. The tired ol' pony made it north of the city having dropped off a cheque for Freckles. Same dates, Freckles. Time to celebrate! I'll be wearing a red carnation and waiting under the clock at Union Station. First two rounds are on me...

Edited by Crown Vic

Woo hoo, Freckles and Dexddd. It's here. The tired ol' pony made it north of the city having dropped off a cheque for Freckles. Same dates, Freckles. Time to celebrate! I'll be wearing a red carnation and waiting under the clock at Union Station. First two rounds are on me...

Glad you also have your cheque Crown Vic.

You are funny! :D Sorry I missed the train to Union, but maybe we'll meet again on a future cruise. :);)

Thanks for the update.

Glad you also have your cheque Crown Vic.

You are funny! :D Sorry I missed the train to Union, but maybe we'll meet again on a future cruise. :);)

Freckles, our next cruises are booked on Celebrity, HAL and Royal Caribbean. Have an NCL Alaska cruise booked for next summer but we are going to cancel it and give NCL a rest for a while. Although we like their 'at sea' performance, the 'back room, customer service and admin' shore support leaves a lot to be desired especially after the post PoA situation. Take care. Enjoy your cruises...

• 2 weeks later...
NCL - What he/she said!! We have pretty much the same background but not quite as many trips on NCL and are Platinum.

We had 2 payments due us from this trip. One took around 8 weeks. 2nd is now over 3 months waiting after getting notice May 24 that the 2nd payment had been approved and sent to "Accounting" for payment.

My guess is NCL is holding cash for the quarter just ended for their benefit but pixxing people off.

What is a he/she? Why do you think the OP is transgender?