Aqua class

Randolphkay

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Makes me even more eager for this cruise. I had looked on the web sight but you are correct that celebrity doesn't list everything. I do find their site harder to use than holland. Tried to figure how to add a special event and to have the beds divided but was unable to find out. Holland does make it quite simple as you do this when you register. Guess I will have to do it on board. Just hate for the room steward to have to redo the bed.😔

The fruit plate is just apples - anyone can get fruit in the buffet and bring it back.

That's not necessarily true. On the Connie this past February we asked our Aqua class steward to bring oranges instead of apples. There were three fresh oranges daily on our 14 day cruise.

That's not necessarily true. On the Connie this past February we asked our Aqua class steward to bring oranges instead of apples. There were three fresh oranges daily on our 14 day cruise.

Exactly. Just ask your room steward if there's something else you'd prefer. I've had pears and oranges, too. I think the green apples are standard because they look chic and they remain fresh looking longer. Plus, green apples are recommended to treat sea sickness.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. Makes me even more eager for this cruise. I had looked on the web sight but you are correct that celebrity doesn't list everything. I do find their site harder to use than holland. Tried to figure how to add a special event and to have the beds divided but was unable to find out. Holland does make it quite simple as you do this when you register. Guess I will have to do it on board. Just hate for the room steward to have to redo the bed.[emoji17]

You can call your travel agent and they can make any of the changes you mentioned. If you booked your cruise with Celebrity, call them and they will help you out with that too. That way, it's all done before you board the ship [emoji2][emoji4][emoji41]! Have fun!!

I've noticed that the canapés have greatly improved. No longer a couple of stale chips and some guacamole dip. They are getting more creative. We asked that they be delivered every afternoon, and in most cases ate them all.

True, we ask our steward for a variety of fruit and we get a different combination each day.

I've noticed that the canapés have greatly improved. No longer a couple of stale chips and some guacamole dip. They are getting more creative. We asked that they be delivered every afternoon, and in most cases ate them all.

Agree, at least in Aqua class. The only thing that was odd on our last cruise is that there was no fork or spoon delivered with the canapes, some of which required a utensil. I know, we could have asked our steward to bring utensils (the steward doesn't bring the afternoon savories, someone from room service does), but we just never got around to it and it was no big deal to us.

So happy with these each afternoon. They were so much better than the very meager offerings given to us on Millenium 18 months ago.

Yum!!!

I am sure I read on here you can ask for shrimp/prawn cocktail instead, will try it out in September and see what happens!

our first cruise on the soltise and we are going aqua class. Excited but not sure want to expect. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you cruised before?

With whom?

Aqua category cabins are not really any different from any other balcony cabin. Ok, a diff shower head, no biggie.

A dinning venue that seats 100-120 or so, with staggered seating.

Expect nothing diff from any other cruise you have done.

I am sure I read on here you can ask for shrimp/prawn cocktail instead, will try it out in September and see what happens!

I did that on the Silhouette (3/2014) and the Summit (11/2015) while sailing on a concierge level cabin. They should do the same for an Aqua class, I guess.

My DH and I will be on the Solstice next year and I was so glad to read about the Aqua class rooms. We are sailing Aqua class next June and I can't wait to eat at Blu!:D This forum is so helpful with anything you need to know! Thanks to everyone!

Ladytee

That explains something we experienced.

Yup....word got out quickly and by the time we were on Ref all was well!

BLU seating is limited esp in dinner prime time so it works best as originally planned...

And with suite guests also having luminae,,,,numbers should be down for BLU regulars

Edited by hcat

An advantage of Aqua Class include the Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner. You can show up anytime during their hours of operation. It is a smaller dining area where foods are prepared in their kitchen. We like it that the portions are not as large as the MDR. We have had ups and downs depending on the ship. One ship is much more crowded than the others we have been on and there have been waits for entry and getting your meal.

Another advantage of Blu is this awesome shower head and tower. There are vertical jets that are adjustable. Really relaxing. You also get unlimited access to the Persian Gardens.

You can call your travel agent and they can make any of the changes you mentioned. If you booked your cruise with Celebrity, call them and they will help you out with that too. That way, it's all done before you board the ship [emoji2][emoji4][emoji41]! Have fun!!

Thank you Seadancer. I did as you suggested and the TA took care of it for me. One less thing to worry about.😺😻