Poll: which ship and itinerary would you choose?`

LMaxwell

Which ship and itinerary would you choose?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship and itinerary would you choose?

For sure Conquest! With that itinerary at least you'll be out of sight of Miami! :D

The Bahamas, for us, has almost become a "stay on the ship" port. Just not a lot of things to do there after you've been a couple of time...for us anyway.

That's my preference and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Even though I am not familiar with Splendor, the stops are not available from our cruise port in Galveston. I would definitely go for this one.

We have sailed Conquest and liked it but the stops are available just about anywhere from any port. I would go the other way as to the variety. Whatever you decide, Have a great one!!!:)

Nassau I've BTDT plenty, could stay onboard.

Kind of like that HMC and GT are both "beach days". Is there anything to tour at GT? Isn't there some US Space history there (any museums?).

Not sure what Amber Cove is; I know it's the cruiselines stop but is it a beach, shops, etc?

I've been to all the ports on the Conquest itinerary but my wife and son have not, and GC is a really nice port. Jamaica I could do without going back. Coz is usually solid for a good time.

I do like Sea Days, so not opposed to them.

Which ship is nicer of the two? Splendor is newer / larger than Conquest, right? How do they stack up for amenities and features?

Same price for both? Personally I would pick Splendor.

Yes, basically. Both are around $430 a person for the 6 night.

Another wrinkle; MSC Divina 7 nights is $499, but kids are free. That does the Jamaica/GC/Coz itin with Nassau. comes out cheaper than either CCL ship. I'm sort of leaning towards Splendor with all the beach day ports vs Conquest if I go CCL.

GT and HMC are definitely beach days, AC is a Carnival shopping Mall. Use DEET if you choose to go to AC, zika and dengue mozzies are flying around there.

You will be surprised at the vast improvement in Ocho Rios, it is not the pig sty it used to be. You say your wife and son haven't been to the Conquest's ports and you had a good time in Coz and GC, so my by your reasoning, you should pick the Conquest.

MSC is a line I haven't cruised yet, so can't offer an opinion. Pricing seems appealing though.

Edited by evandbob

Just a comment on Divina. Gorgeous ship. Very large insides for four, with bunks on the wall. OV cabins also large with bunks in the ceiling. But if you want a balcony, the kids share a foldout couch. EM

My personal opinion would be Splendor. But everyone has reasons for the choices they make.

We choose cruises based on

1) dates

2) itinerary

3) ship

4) price --In this order, but that's just us. Enjoy whatever cruise you choose.

Nassau I've BTDT plenty, could stay onboard.

Kind of like that HMC and GT are both "beach days". Is there anything to tour at GT? Isn't there some US Space history there (any museums?).

Not sure what Amber Cove is; I know it's the cruiselines stop but is it a beach, shops, etc?

I've been to all the ports on the Conquest itinerary but my wife and son have not, and GC is a really nice port. Jamaica I could do without going back. Coz is usually solid for a good time.

I do like Sea Days, so not opposed to them.

Which ship is nicer of the two? Splendor is newer / larger than Conquest, right? How do they stack up for amenities and features?

http://www.ambercove.com/ Don't lose sight of the fact it is still the Dominican Republic. This is just the port area, not a Carnival Mall.

Splendor over Conquest definitely. Sailed Conquest twice. Once in '05 and had a great time! '16? Not so much. Tired feeling, no energy from the crew, not so good food, just an all round mood of blah. Did not help that little activities were planned. The rainy day spent in Coz was done with the CD and his staff gone ashore. Last sea day was over cast and they planned one trivia game that they interrupted half way through to set up the St Jude event in the same venue. Really? No other space on that huge ship?

Edited by Bookbug53

Oh, this is a tough one! I would probably have to do both...

Always want to go to HMC so I voted Splendor, but I've not been to western in a couple of years and I have friends in Grand Cayman, and I love Conquest.

But HMC won it for the Splendor!

It would be the Splendor for me!! Love that ship, have I mentioned lately that we are going to miss her in NY!

Nassau would be a stay on the ship port but I love HMC & GT. I've never been to AC but I'd like to. :D

Either way, you're on a cruise enjoy yourself....