Sharing a UBP?

g4srhs

I'm departing on the Breakaway this weekend with a group of about 15. I was wondering if you saw any issue with getting the UBP for myself and for my wife and "sharing" the package, so to say, with others in our group. If I went to the bar, grabbed a drink and returned 2 minutes later to get one for someone in my group, do you think the staff would care? Or might the computer system figure out that something was up?

They might just think I'm an alcoholic for getting 3 drinks in 10 minutes....

Any thoughts on this? Thanks so much!

I'm departing on the Breakaway this weekend with a group of about 15. I was wondering if you saw any issue with getting the UBP for myself and for my wife and "sharing" the package, so to say, with others in our group. If I went to the bar, grabbed a drink and returned 2 minutes later to get one for someone in my group, do you think the staff would care? Or might the computer system figure out that something was up?

Why limit it to just your friends. Why not share with the entire ship?

ha! I figured I might be stumbling onto a well-tread topic.... Thanks for the helpful replies....... :)

Thanks Into. Well, my friends will be more fun if they're liquored up so it's not entirely selfless!

Karl - the password is "yamotha" ;)

Saur-kraut - the bar is called Bilge. It's rather hidden but I'm sure you can find it if you ask around.

wow, this thread is an hour and a half old, and nobody has jumped in and pooped on this guys parade yet. Im impressed Cruise Critic. Maybe we are loosening up a little........

As for getting drinks for your friends in other rooms, It is unethical to do that. I would recommend against it. go enjoy your trip and dont worry about ways to hack the system. If you do it though, I would imagine you would get away with it a few times before someone noticed your drinking ALOT of drinks in a short amount of time, and called you on the carpet for it.

wow, this thread is an hour and a half old, and nobody has jumped in and pooped on this guys parade yet. Im impressed Cruise Critic. Maybe we are loosening up a little........

As for getting drinks for your friends in other rooms, It is unethical to do that. I would recommend against it. go enjoy your trip and dont worry about ways to hack the system. If you do it though, I would imagine you would get away with it a few times before someone noticed your drinking ALOT of drinks in a short amount of time, and called you on the carpet for it.

Reread the replies, I think you'll find a subtle theme to the prior posts.

I'm thinking that you should do a search for 'stealing' , 'larceny' and 'theft'.

But....that's just what I'm thinking you should do.

There's always someone who has to bite on the fish bait.

Congratulations. ;)

I think if you reread all the replies they all have a bit of sarcasm in them...

I think if you reread all the replies they all have a bit of sarcasm in them...

Nah.

Sarcasm isn't allowed on CC.

I have been suspended for 'sarcasm' in the past. Back before I knew that sarcasm wasn't allowed.

Considering the number of threads in which people have complained about being nickle and dimed by ncl's new beverage policy, I didn't expect such universally disapproving responses....

That said, thanks for the responses.

Considering the number of threads in which people have complained about being nickle and dimed by ncl's new beverage policy, I didn't expect such universally disapproving responses....

That said, thanks for the responses.

complaining that a company is nickling and diming people (legimately) and stealing from them are 2 different things.

but if you must compare - you would be considered hypocritical complaining about something bad and then turning around and doing something bad back.

the people are complaining because they follow the rules and the rules suddenly changed. (key words are 'follow the rules')

Edited by hftmrock