What is something you pack that most people don't know to pack for a cruise?

CruiseMuch?

One thing I always bring when I travel, by sea or by land, is earplugs.

For a cruise, I'd suggest a waterproof pouch for swimming (to hold the ship card and money) and a velcro zip tie for the luggage tag (which has had a hole put in it in advance).

If it's Alaska, binoculars are mandatory, of course, plus some warmer clothes.

Edited by squick64

I'm bringing Bounce Dryer sheets and an empty spray bottle (info provided on CC). Mix with water, lay out your wrinkled item (on the Bed) and lightly spray and stretch.

I've tested in advance at home and it works quite well.

You can check for Downy Wrinkle Release (Youtube), but easier to just pack empty bottle and Dryer sheets.

I learned a couple of cruises ago to bring a ziplock bag for the items we put in the safe. Place everything in the bag so that things don't accidentally get left behind--like DH's car key. Fortunately, we were taking back-to-back cruises, so he was able to get his key.

I know this is odd, but I freeze on board the ships. A sweater isn't enough. For our last cruise, I took a small fleece blanket on board with me. Just having it on my lap helped me and I was much more comfortable. I also use it on flights, being careful to keep it from ever touching the floor.

obnurse: I was cold all the time last cruise. Sometimes I wore a zip up sweatshirt, and sometimes even wore it over my sweater. Sis, on the other hand was NOT cold. What's weird is it's usually the other way round.

Weirder yet, neither one of us can sleep with the heat on. But I was hot at night even with it off and sis slept with the little electric blanket she brought. Go figure.

I like the idea of a little fleece blanket. I have a small wool wrap, I bet that would have worked.

I pack a foldable hamper, the one sold in the supermarkets, it folds flat and is very light, I find a corner for it and everyone in my family including my 5 yr old knows that every piece of used cloth has to go in it. So no clutter in my cabin !

Edited by eleang

I learned a couple of cruises ago to bring a ziplock bag for the items we put in the safe. Place everything in the bag so that things don't accidentally get left behind--like DH's car key. Fortunately, we were taking back-to-back cruises, so he was able to get his key.

Great idea ! I'll copy this one.

I bring a flip up book light ($1) at dollar tree for a bathrown light. Lasts a week then I throw it out.

Light weight big travel towel when we'Re going to the beach. It's lighter than the cruise beach towels.

Rather than zip lock bags, I bring aloksak bags. They are waterproof and come in various size.

When traveling for more than a week, Soak, a hand wash detergent that doesn't require rinsing. I hate rinsing the clothes.

Things already mentioned- command hooks, European adapter

handcuffs to entertain my wife (plastic or metal?); duct tape, you never know when you have to detain an unruly passenger.

safety pins.

toilet paper, just in case the ship runs out . . .

Seriously, enough if you bring your passport and money. They sell cutrate t-shirts on the ship.

A lanyard comes handy, but those, too, they have on the ship.

Edited by barante

Packets of Shout. And my two comfort items are slippers and my favorite go-cup for hubby to fetch coffee for me when I wake up:). Hey, it's a tradition. Oh--and my tiny battery-operated vibrator. You know, for my tense shoulders:).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD