Thoughts and Prayers for the People of Nice

Shogun

My heart goes out to Nice. What a horrific tragedy.

I do not think I can feel safe in this world any longer. I am scared and thinking very hard about my travel plans over the next 2 years. Everyday it seems there is another terrorist attack and more killings by unstable individuals, etc. What's next?

Many of us will have walked the promenade at Nice ,so sad what has happened, when will this senseless killing of innocents end

Shogun

It's almost impossible to stop terrorism, they're becoming more and more clever in their tactics. Seventy-five dead in Nice. Sadly this isn't the end of it, it's every where now. Mean while, plan your cruises, be aware of your surroundings and have a plan of action and hope for the best. I'm sticking closer to home for cruises. We live in a dangerous world. Prayers for the fallen.

Many of us will have walked the promenade at Nice ,so sad what has happened, when will this senseless killing of innocents end

Shogun

Indeed!

Eventually the world will actually come together to address these groups. At least I hope so.

My heart goes out to Nice. What a horrific tragedy.
Indeed.

I do not think I can feel safe in this world any longer. I am scared and thinking very hard about my travel plans over the next 2 years. Everyday it seems there is another terrorist attack and more killings by unstable individuals, etc. What's next?

Since I drive by the scene of the San Bernardino terrorist attack every time I go to my hairdresser, I don't worry too much about travel plans.

Shogun

Agree. have enjoyed Nice many times, have friends who live there. I pray for them and all of us. We are not save anywhere, I live in San Francisco... we had a very back attach in San Bernandino this year, a suburb of LA. It will not stop til all world leaders get together and develop a plan to with the Arab world to stop it... we have WW III going on... American has not provided any good leadership, I am sad to say.

Shogun

So horrible. When you travel as much as many of us do, in a sense, the entire world becomes your home. So many of these horrific acts happen in places we've walked and played and seem so "close to home" for us!!

The world has gone mad. Prayers for the people of France and for the loved ones of those who were lost. It's so horrible and senseless. As one of the witnesses on CNN said, it is different when you actually witness it close up. It will remain with you forever. As a Trade Center witness, I can attest. I wish you healing and strength.

Hi All

I see cruise ships are missing out Nice, feel sorry for folks who might never get the chance to visit this part of the world again, but its for the best, Nice does not need thousands of tourists today,

yours Shogun

Hi All

I see cruise ships are missing out Nice, feel sorry for folks who might never get the chance to visit this part of the world again, but its for the best, Nice does not need thousands of tourists today,

yours Shogun

Agree, they need some time and space.

The US father and son that were killed live in our town. I do not know the family, but that hasn't stopped me from feeling tremendous grief today. I hate to cave, but we've been looking at a British Isles cruise next year and I think we're going to the east coast of Canada instead. We were on a Med cruise when the attack happened in Brussels and it did make us wary. Prayers for all those impacted by last nights horrific act.

Hi All

yours Shogun

If I were on a ship headed to Nice, there's no way I would get off that ship. Looking at some of the news coming out of there today is horrific. I'd rather miss a port for safety than visit one and windup dead. It's doubtful with the coup going on in Turkey that any ship would stop there either. Be vigilant.

Its peak tourist season on the French Riviera. There are thousands there.

I seriously doubt any ship would stop there for now.

If there was a ship there......

a few thousand people from a cruise ship will have no affect on the crowds already there.

Prayers for all the victims and families involved.

Several cruise lines pulled out of Turkey this year. Sad...Kusadasi was one of our favorite ports, but I totally understand the various lines needing to make safety based decisions.

No, for now Nice doesn't need to be a cruise ship stop. True, it is a tourist haven, but the city and surrounding areas need a little time to re-group.

It's almost impossible to stop terrorism, they're becoming more and more clever in their tactics. Seventy-five dead in Nice. Sadly this isn't the end of it, it's every where now. Mean while, plan your cruises, be aware of your surroundings and have a plan of action and hope for the best. I'm sticking closer to home for cruises. We live in a dangerous world. Prayers for the fallen.

I personally think this is true, however isn't this exactly what "they" want?...us to be afraid to live our lives as we should be able to do.

To me, I am not afraid, but I am cautious. Many things I took for granite, now I think of the situation and make the decision to go or not go for obvious reasons. I do pray for all that have been hurt and or will be hurt in the future as it now in todays cruel world. Pray for Peace.

Edited by nanabananna

I personally think this is true, however isn't this exactly what "they" want?...us to be afraid to live our lives as we should be able to do.

To me, I am not afraid, but I am cautious. Many things I took for granite, now I think of the situation and make the decision to go or not go for obvious reasons. I do pray for all that have been hurt and or will be hurt in the future as it now in todays cruel world. Pray for Peace.

There's no reason for me to go to a foreign country who does not have their own citizens safe from whom they've allowed to come into their country. I'm not going because I'm afraid, but because the country I visit has open borders and allows terrorists in. In some places here in the US is not safe. Do I go there -- NO! However, no matter where you're at, one must remain vigilant. I even do so on a cruise ship.

Ihsail

I would still come to UK, what has happened in main land Europe and risk

to cities like London should not stop you cruising around UK,

I was in Canada in 2014 when it had its own terrorist attacks, I can still recall

all the police cars. I will still visit Nice, Ottawa,Boston, Paris, London Istanbul

etc just when and how needs to given careful thought

Sadly the list will only get longer, if you are concerned about flying into

London then fly into Glasgow or Manchester instead,

yours Shogun

This may not be the place b/c it's cc, but I hope yall will pray that my daughter who is 20 is safe, she is on a study abroad in france and she and her group of girls/guys were going to go to the fireworks, but decided against it - me, as a mom, I just count the days until she comes home.