Beverage Package

haji

Family of 4 with two teenage boys

We are water drinkers

If my wife and I have 4 drinks a day between us i will be surprised ...

Need some guidance on how to proceed?

Edited by haji
Sailing on Oasis

We are water drinkers

The average breakeven on a drink package (alcohol) is 6-7 drinks per day. Unless you're planning on a lot of water purchases, I'd pass. You might look into a royal replenish if you drink lots of bottled water.

Edited by Johnamac123

We are water drinkers

You're perfect candidates for no beverage package at all.... Unless maybe, maybe one of the non-alcoholic packages, but otherwise pay-as-you-go for any beverages beyond water. Ship's water is perfectly safe and fine to drink and available everywhere around the ship.

If, after a day or two, you find you're drinking more pay beverages than you though, then consider a package...

Happy sails!

Four drinks a day between the two of you - so two each over maybe 16 hours ? If that's right then no drink package would be worth it, but unless you're drinking tap water too, would you not dehydrate ?? Bottles of water are included in the soft drink package too - and while the ships tap water may be safe, it's not particularly appealing...

Edited by Davebhoy

Four drinks a day between the two of you - so two each over maybe 16 hours ? If that's right then no drink package would be worth it, but unless you're drinking tap water too, would you not dehydrate ?? Bottles of water are included in the soft drink package too - and while the ships tap water may be safe, it's not particularly appealing...

Bottled water is included in the Royal Replenish package which includes soda and all other non alcoholic drinks including specialty coffee. Cost is around $20 per day.

Bottled water is not included in the Royal Refreshmemt package which includes soda only. Cost is around $8 per day.

You CAN get other beverages throughout the ship that are included. In addition to vats of iced water, there is iced tea, and various types of fruit drinks and iced tea. On our last cruise we did not buy any package (as at the time both adults needed to purchase) and we were just fine. We found lots of included beverages to drink.

We are water drinkers

Do you really need guidance? :rolleyes:

If anyone in the family drinks four or more soda/pop drinks a day, get the soda/pop package for that person.

If anyone in the family drinks four or more virgin cocktails and/or frou-frou coffees (latte, etc.) in addition to soda/pop, or if they insist on drinking only bottled water (and more than five a day of them), get the non-alcoholic drink package for that person.

If anyone in the family wants an occasional drink that must be paid for without ever hitting the 4-5 a day number, just have them buy whatever they want at the time they want it, with no package at all.

Guidance: Get what makes sense for each member of the family. It's not rocket science.

If you drink lots of pop, get the pop package. If you drink lots of non-alcoholic frou-frou drinks and bottled water, get the frou-frou-and-water package. If you drink lots of booze, get a booze package. If you don't drink a lot of pay-for drinks, don't get a package at all.

It's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

If you want bottled water, and you like Evian, you could get the water packages. 12 one-liter bottles delivered as a case to your room, to drink as you wish. (one liter bottles are on the large side; you might want to bring a smaller bottle to decant into)

My husband and I cannot drink the ship's water. I personally think it smells ghastly, and for both of us it makes us swell like crazy, when we don't swell when we have bottled spring water.

I can't make Replenish work for me financially (one latte a day is what I want, I don't drink soda, and I almost never drink juice or virgin sugarbombs, so what's the point?), I pay for any booze I might want. Having the water package then paying OOP for a latte and beer works perfectly for me.

Sounds like it would work for you, too.

My 12 year old son and I buy one water package each and it's almost too much. (DH still gets Replenish so his water comes from that...which is also where the smaller water bottles to decant into come from LOL)

Figure out what you actually might drink and work out the best way!

Do not waste money on any package.

Just bring those big Yeti style cups for water & or beverages.

Pay for alcohol drinks as you go.

This is you best bet unless you feel you need to spend frivolously because you are on vacation....

Since we're on the topic of beverages... I'll butt in and ask a question.

We might be taking our first cruise with Royal net summer, we usually cruise Carnival? For those of you familiar, with both lines, is beverage prices comparable?

Since we're on the topic of beverages... I'll butt in and ask a question.

We might be taking our first cruise with Royal net summer, we usually cruise Carnival? For those of you familiar, with both lines, is beverage prices comparable?

When we went on the Fantasy last year the premium package prices were comparable to Royal, but Royal doesn't have the 15 drink limit. Buy as you go prices were pretty much the same, less than a $1.00 difference.

When we went on the Fantasy last year the premium package prices were comparable to Royal, but Royal doesn't have the 15 drink limit. Buy as you go prices were pretty much the same, less than a $1.00 difference.

Good to know! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums