Vehicles used for shore excursions?

Skippy

Does anyone know if the vehicles used for the carnival shore excursions have seat belts? Only asking because I am bringing the booster seats for the kids on the trip and wondering if I will be able to use them on the shore excursions. We're doing the reefs and rays at Grand Turk and Monkeyland at La Romana. Thanks!

I can't speak to these ports or excursions, but seat belts have been on all vehicles we've been on. (The only exception was when we sat in the back of some "safari" truck that took us river tubing in Jamaica - via Carnival Victory)

Most are just lap belts... Not sure how your booster seat needs to be secured.

Edited by crooooze

The booster seats lift the child up so the adult seat belt fits them properly.

I do not know about your specific excursions, but I have never seen a 3-point lap and shoulder belt on a transport van or bus.

Boosters are useless with lap belts only. They need the shoulder belt. Use either a harnessed seat or nothing.

Same with airplane seats.

My experience with cruise line excursions have always been buses used as transportation which don't usually have the seat belt required for a booster. Call to ask but it probably won't work.

Edited by bearette

I have never seen anyone take car seats or boosters on shore.

I've done it. Once in Cozumel for a taxi to Chankanaab and once in Roatan when we had a private tour.

We also had a bad experience without one. In Bermuda, I let my parents talk me into a taxi instead of the bus. My four year old son was thrown to the floor when our driver stopped quickly. Luckily, he wasn't hurt, just scared.

I had no problem looking like an overprotective mom with the seats.

My kids are older now, so it is no longer an issue.

I would call Carnival and see if you can get a definitive answer.

You have got to be kidding me. How in the world would the people answering the phone at carnival know if the vehicles at the ports would have seat belts?

The true answer is, maybe.

You have got to be kidding me. How in the world would the people answering the phone at carnival know if the vehicles at the ports would have seat belts?

The true answer is, maybe.

They won't know. They only have available as information the same things you can find on the carnival website. However, if you have a knowledgeable representative on the phone, he or she can tell you to e-mail shoreexcursions@carnival.com. That's what I was told to do when I asked some specific questions. Those people can contact the tour operator and get an answer for you.