A Royal military discount

I realize some cruise lines give a military discount for each cruise, usually in the form of OBC. I think about $50 to $100. Royal Caribbean may not do that but when they do give a military discount sometimes it is impressive.

In the dozen or so cruises we have been on we have received a military discount at least three times. Several of those were a grand or two but the one we just got for our upcoming Radiance Alaska cruise tops that by a considerable amount. The invoice for our JS shows $4092 for military discount. Our total cost for our Junior Suite Alaska cruise is $2336.40.

They don't need to give me a discount on each cruise as long as one of these rolls around now and then. :D

Wow! I saw a military discount last night for a Pacific Northwest cruise out of Seattle in September. That discount was around $250. Your discount beat that by a bit.;)

I hope they do one of those on the 2018 Alaska cruise we want! Wow I just looked and Sept 2 2016 you can get a Balcony for $1892 with a $2824.00 discount. I wish we could go this year!

Edited by Nemomof3
add

I realize some cruise lines give a military discount for each cruise, usually in the form of OBC. I think about $50 to $100. Royal Caribbean may not do that but when they do give a military discount sometimes it is impressive.

In the dozen or so cruises we have been on we have received a military discount at least three times. Several of those were a grand or two but the one we just got for our upcoming Radiance Alaska cruise tops that by a considerable amount. The invoice for our JS shows $4092 for military discount. Our total cost for our Junior Suite Alaska cruise is $2336.40.

They don't need to give me a discount on each cruise as long as one of these rolls around now and then. :D

Good to see. It's nice when a vet gets a good deal. :)

How does one obtain this type of deal?

When I booked our last cruise, I indicated that I was military (checked a box on the page that asked about what state I was from, 55+, etc.)

I guess if were applicable on that cruise, it would've been automatic??

Correct, if the discount was being offered on your sailing and category, it would have been automatically applied when you checked the box. The discount is fairly rare in my experience.

How does one obtain this type of deal?

When I booked our last cruise, I indicated that I was military (checked a box on the page that asked about what state I was from, 55+, etc.)

I guess if were applicable on that cruise, it would've been automatic??

They show up after you check the box so yes it would have been automatic. Sorry.

They show up after you check the box so yes it would have been automatic. Sorry.

Wow. Military discount of $1,738, which brings the cruise price down to $1,510 total for 2. Thanks for the heads up on the date!

Bill: I will see you onboard...you can buy me a drink and make nice in person! :D

Edited by micmacmissy
Typo

Thank you for your service. Congratulations on a superb discount. Our biggest military discount was 50% on a 14 night Celebrity about 6-7 years ago - we still talk about it [emoji6]

Wow. Military discount of $1,738, which brings the cruise price down to $1,510 total for 2. Thanks for the heads up on the date!

Bill: I will see you onboard...you can buy me a drink and make nice in person! :D

Nice discount. See you on board. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Congratulations, glad to see Royal gave you such a nice surprise. Thank you for your service to our country as well as your family for making the sacrifices that go with military life, ......oh and enjoy your cruise. You earned it !!!!

You go Bill, that is awesome!! We have gotten a few here and there also. I think our highest break was around $600 but we were thrilled. I come from a long line of Marines. We will take what we can get! Have a super cruise!:p

I never seen a military discount on any of my cruises and I do check

While posters on here refer to the discount for their cruise it is more for a catogory, so if you don't check each cat it's very possible to miss one. We have only gotten it once, 1200 off a cls, we upgraded to use it as it was not on any other cat

Edited by setsail

While posters on here refer to the discount for their cruise it is more for a catogory, so if you don't check each cat it's very possible to miss one. We have only gotten it once, 1200 off a cls, we upgraded to use it as it was not on any other cat

Good point, it is usually by category. I looked today at our cruise and it has been dropped for suites and is only offered for balconies and outsides now.

As a solo traveler I am always looking for a deal and have been fortunate enough to get military rates on several cruises and those rates always beat any other deals available at the time. Though not always available they can be a very good deal.

I always check for discounts. Luckily we qualify for military, interline and senior rates. :eek: They don't always have them, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Yes the one time that I have received the discount on a cruise, it was only for the category of room that we actually had booked. We already had the room booked and I was just checking one day and the discount was being offered so I called and they applied the discount. :cool: