Lost rings

They've actually found and returned items to us. A cell phone on one cruise and a purse on our most recent cruise in July. The safe is dark and it's easy to forget what's in it. We put everything in a zip lock baggie but we still put our hand in and run it over the bottom of the safe before leaving the ship. Over the years I've seen people post about items they've found in cabins. Some/Most return the items to Guest Services. I'm sure there are those that don't. I think a lot of times on the ship, it's that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Guest Services is in charge of lost and found. They don't seem to have much interaction with other departments. They checked their log for my purse, which was small, and I watched as he went down a LONG list of items that had been found and it wasn't there. I asked if possibly one of the shops had found it but hadn't turned it in yet and he said they have instructions to turn it in the minute it's found. I had already checked with the shops once, but decided I had nothing to lose with making a second round. Round two and a young lady working at one of the shops who spoke no English managed to reach and hand me the purse almost immediately. WHEW....she was waiting until they closed to turn it in. The cell phone had been turned in and guest services brought it right out. A poster in a canister was left behind in the cabin and was never found, per our inquiries. I don't think anyone would have been interested in it. It was from Maui and was a poster of a whale and belonged to my Grandson. :(

I don't think that will happen but thank you for the thought. It is frustrating that we cannot talk to the same person twice and they are very slow at returning calls.

Guess you can't remember the name of the person who originally told you they had been found. DW constantly berates me to always get the name of whoever I speak with.

Rrunner, try Christopher Elliott...he is a consumer advocate and has a good website. On his website he lists names and contact numbers at hundreds of companies. He also has a forum where you can contact him. I hope you can track them down. The executives on his website may be able to help and if they can't I bet he will. He always wants a paper trail...emails, etc. He continually says to email, get paper responses, phone calls are pretty worthless...however, he does help folks who only have phone records. Good luck!

Thank you. We will try him

Rrunner, try Christopher Elliott...he is a consumer advocate and has a good website. On his website he lists names and contact numbers at hundreds of companies. He also has a forum where you can contact him. I hope you can track them down. The executives on his website may be able to help and if they can't I bet he will. He always wants a paper trail...emails, etc. He continually says to email, get paper responses, phone calls are pretty worthless...however, he does help folks who only have phone records. Good luck!

Good info, thanks

Just a little note to say that we always put a white towel in the bottom of the cabin safe. That keeps it from being so dark and you can see items.

We also use a ziplock bag for small items.

I take a small plastic jewelry case For my rings and earrings.

I found a nice watch in the safe when we first opened it on a cruise long ago and I realized then that small items can hide in the dark safe. Turned it in to C R and never knew if the lady got her watch back. I started using the white towel then and continue to this day.

When I first read this I was wondering how she missed the rings, but these safes are deceiving. We just got back from our cruise and one day, my husband thought he lost his wallet that he thought he had put in the safe but couldn't find. After both of us panicking and checking the safe, he went down to Guest Services to see if someone had turned it in. I looked everywhere in the room and finally said a quick prayer and went back to the safe to check one more time. I swept my hand all around and there it was, tucked into the front right corner. So yes, it's crazy but it happens and these tips of putting things in ziploc bags or glasses is a great idea so you won't lose anything. I am so sorry that she lost those rings; very sad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by joromay

I wanted to update everyone regarding my daughters lost engagement and eternity rings. RC phoned her yesterday - apparently the rings are in transit but they are not sure when or if they will eventually arrive at head office. We disembarked Anthem of the Seas 4 weeks ago today. Hopefully all will work out well in the end.

I wanted to update everyone regarding my daughters lost engagement and eternity rings. RC phoned her yesterday - apparently the rings are in transit but they are not sure when or if they will eventually arrive at head office. We disembarked Anthem of the Seas 4 weeks ago today. Hopefully all will work out well in the end.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is really pathetic that they can't give a better idea of where the rings are and when they will arrive. In this day and age, you can track everything from scan to scan as it travels cross country. Don't you think they would at least know they left a specific location on this date and are set to be here on this date?:rolleyes:

Wow.......:mad:

wow, this is bad. Why does RC continue to just make themselves look so bad with things like this??? Such poor costumer service

Hopefully they didn't ship the rings from NJ to Miami and then expect her to fly down from Ct. and claim them in person. But if that's what it takes to get them back...............

Hopefully they didn't ship the rings from NJ to Miami and then expect her to fly down from Ct. and claim them in person. But if that's what it takes to get them back...............

Hopefully not. She has made them aware that over 9 thousand cruise critics are following her story.

Hopefully not. She has made them aware that over 9 thousand cruise critics are following her story.

There were ~20 million people who cruised last year. About 4 million of those were on a Royal Caribbean ship. I don't think they worry too much about 9000 which represents about 0.2% of their clientele. These numbers don't change the fact that they still should do the right thing.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

There were ~20 million people who cruised last year. About 4 million of those were on a Royal Caribbean ship. I don't think they worry too much about 9000 which represents about 0.2% of their clientele. These numbers don't change the fact that they still should do the right thing.

Rrunner is referring to her daughter, she has told her daughter that 9,000 are following her story.

I wanted to update everyone reading my posts regarding my daughters lost engagement and eternity ring from our Anthem of the Seas cruise a few weeks ago. RC called and are now in the process of mailing them back to her. Thank you for all your support and suggestions. Finally a happy ending.