First B2B - Adventure OTS

December 2 and December 9, 2017 will be our first B2B and we are really looking forward to this trip.

We have 25 times on RCCL on a variety of ships, but never B2B.

Any hints, words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Bonnie & Jack (California)

December 2 and December 9, 2017 will be our first B2B and we are really looking forward to this trip.

Would love to know this too! As soon as the 2018 summer schedules come out, I plan on booking my first B2B on the Adventure!:D

We just (May) did our first B2B on Adventure...Can't wait until the bookings open for May 2018 so we can book another one. Any questions I can answer for you I'll be glad to try.

B2B's are the best. It's great on the last night of the first week not having to put your bags in the hallway with everyone else. Enjoy the empty ship on turnaround day. :)

We were so looking forward to that turnaround time...but we ended up with only a little more than an hour. :(

We were so looking forward to that turnaround time...but we ended up with only a little more than an hour. :(

That happens sometimes. Once they took us off the ship at 10am expecting to get a zero count soon after. They had a problem finding the last two people, so we didn't get back on until 11:30am. The new cruisers were right behind us.

On our B2B on Adventure we never had to get off the ship. Customs came to us in one of the lounges. Then lunch in MDR. Very relaxing. Prior to this my DD and I had the pool all to ourselves. Would love to do this again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our B2B on Adventure we never had to get off the ship. Customs came to us in one of the lounges. Then lunch in MDR. Very relaxing. Prior to this my DD and I had the pool all to ourselves. Would love to do this again.

You didn't have to get off Adventure...then I guess this varies....We just did...but nothing more than a walk off walk on...what a waste of time...you were lucky.

Don't know what determines having to get off the ship or not. Maybe number of passengers? Available customs officers? Customs came into the lounge and checked everyone's passport. Crew set up a sea pass scanner at exit of the lounge. We scanned old card first then new card we were given and headed to lunch. Shame it's not done that way every time. Made the B2B even a little nicer.

Come back to the Roll Call! I have explained it all there. ;) :D

First and foremost: Enjoy it. Personally, I think a B2B is the best way to cruise.

As for the turnaround, "staying on the ship" has a certain novelty, but you'll only get a few hours "alone" on the ship at best. Most of the crew is either busting their tails working or getting some much needed rest. So its really just you (and a few other B2B'ers) with not a lot to do until sail away.

I'd suggest considering getting off the ship and treating it as a port day.

You didn't have to get off Adventure...then I guess this varies....We just did...but nothing more than a walk off walk on...what a waste of time...you were lucky.

That has been our experience on all of our B2B Cruises no matter the Cruise line.

One thing that you can do is on turnaround day when all of the doors are closed from the hallway, you can still go to your room.they will tell you [security in the hall]cant go to your room just tell them you are B2B and they will allow you to go in.

One thing that you can do is on turnaround day when all of the doors are closed from the hallway, you can still go to your room.they will tell you [security in the hall]cant go to your room just tell them you are B2B and they will allow you to go in.

Thanks! Lots of good and interesting info coming from others in this group.

I think we'll really enjoy this trip!

We just (May) did our first B2B on Adventure...Can't wait until the bookings open for May 2018 so we can book another one. Any questions I can answer for you I'll be glad to try.

What did you do on turn around day? Stay on ship or explore port?

Sounds like a fun day.

First and foremost: Enjoy it. Personally, I think a B2B is the best way to cruise.

As for the turnaround, "staying on the ship" has a certain novelty, but you'll only get a few hours "alone" on the ship at best. Most of the crew is either busting their tails working or getting some much needed rest. So its really just you (and a few other B2B'ers) with not a lot to do until sail away.

I'd suggest considering getting off the ship and treating it as a port day.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

B2B is the best.....except once you do it, it is very hard to go back to one week. :)

Anyway, we have had both experiences of being taken off through customs and having customs board. Latter is most preferable. Besides all the benefits already mentioned you also have more flexibility with going to shows so you don't have to feel like you have to go each night for fear of missing something. Feel like doing something else? No problem, go next week. Even though newcomers do fill the ship quickly you still can be utilizing the pool and fun as they are dragging all their carryons around the ship until 1pm. Be aware you will be required to attend the muster drill both weeks. We are doing B2B week before Christmas and Christmas week. CAN'T WAIT!!!! Enjoy yours.

What did you do on turn around day? Stay on ship or explore port?

We had already spent 2 days pre-cruise in San Juan (and have been there a few times before)....but we still intended to get off Adventure on our turnaround day...but instead we opted to stay onboard and enjoy the pool...there was a lunch for us in the MDR but we missed that because the hours were noon-1:00pm and not worth leaving the pool and getting dressed.We did walk off in the early afternoon into the terminal to check out the convenience store..but that only took a few minutes and then walked back on...