Am I a Rule Breaker?

CruzerDeb

My last trip to HMC (3 years ago), I took beer off the ship in my Carnival cooler. Was I not allowed to? I didn't try to sneak it and no one even looked in my cooler. Planning on doing that again in September. :eek:

Edited by CruzerDeb
changed month

My last trip to HMC (3 years ago), I took beer off the ship in my Carnival cooler. Was I not allowed to? I didn't try to sneak it and no one even looked in my cooler. Planning on doing that again in September. :eek:

let us know if it works.

The short answer is yes.

Where did the beer come from? Did you buy it on board and then take it back to your room to store in the cooler? In that scenario you are due a wrist slap. If you brought the beer on board at embarkation them you are facing felony charges.

Enjoy!

You didn't break any rules. Try harder :cool:

Depends on what kind of beer it was. :D

LOL. It was Bud Light. I bought the beer and the cooler thru Bon Voyage and it was in my room when I boarded. It tasted pretty darn good on HMC!

OMG, I smuggled beer OFF the ship!

LOL. It was Bud Light. I bought the beer and the cooler thru Bon Voyage and it was in my room when I boarded. It tasted pretty darn good on HMC!

Bud Light? You smuggled brownish soda pop off the ship.

No, you are not a rule breaker. Good for you for enjoying your time at HMC.

We met a young couple who had purchased Cheers. They and their friends ordered sealed bottles of beer and kept them cold in a cooler to bring to HMC to enjoy at the beach. I though that was brilliant.

Edited by stargate fan

The short answer is yes.

Where did the beer come from? Did you buy it on board and then take it back to your room to store in the cooler? In that scenario you are due a wrist slap. If you brought the beer on board at embarkation them you are facing felony charges.

Enjoy!

Ha ha...felony charges???? I hope you don't actually believe that !!!

Do it again.

We did the exact same thing on the Conquest two weeks ago. I put the coors light in the cooler we got in the package along with some waters. No one ever looked at it! It's fine!! Now of course returning we didn't have any left so any left so no big deal. You'll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I order a liter of rum from the Fun Shops before the cruise.

We get a cabana at HMC which comes with cokes. We take the liter of rum with us off the boat. Never been looked at, or asked to see what's in the beach bags.

That's enough for the wife and I for the day. Plus it doesn't count against our 15!

Nothing wrong with bring beer bought via Bon Voyage off the ship at HMC, except the choice of cheap beers.

As far as the couple who used their Cheers package to buy and store beers for HMC to share with others, while that seems like a nice welcomed gesture it's technically a violation of Cheers package rules. But I doubt anyone from the crew or security will go shifting through bags and coolers looking for these things. So if you can swing it, swing for the fences!:cool:

You're fine. I just did this at HMC on our July 10th Pride cruise. I had a collapsible cooler in my checked luggage and filled it with beer I purchased through bon voyage, and ice from the ice machine on lido that I placed into freezer bags I brought along. Worked like a charm

As far as the couple who used their Cheers package to buy and store beers for HMC to share with others, while that seems like a nice welcomed gesture it's technically a violation of Cheers package rules. But I doubt anyone from the crew or security will go shifting through bags and coolers looking for these things. So if you can swing it, swing for the fences!:cool:

We do not do cheers but since they allow you 15 drinks a day dont see the harm in using some of those to bring beer with you to HMC. Since it is their private island wrong of them to not allow cheers on shore.