Club Class Mini-Suites

Captain&Commander

That seems to be the implication. I am not sure if that is published anywhere or whether it is an assumption. Seems to me that the Maitre'D should be able to cobble together several tables of people who have opted for Traditional Dining and who are also staying in CLCL Mini-Suites and then seat them in a separate section of the Dining Room. Obviously people who are not in CLCL wouldn't be able to join those tables. But certainly there have to be enough such people so as to fill up several tables of 8, and some 6s and/or 4s as needed. Perhaps they don't want to go through the effort.
If it is truly only offered in Anytime dining then that would be in the DR on deck 5. TD is on deck six so the options would be to have two galleys preparing the food or having wait staff go between floors to get the food. Neither appears to be a great option.

I thought that the Princess Club Dining area was in a separate section of the MDR, This is one problem with the suite dining on all cruise lines: all connected passengers have to have an eligible cabin to dine together without an upcharge (Celebrity will allow dining together, but charges a fee).

What is the problem? Pay for a suite get suite perks, don't pay for a suite don't get suite perks.

Since the recent introduction of Club Class M1 Premium Mini-Suites Princess prices for that category have significantly increased several times - followed then by increased cruise fares in other cabin categories. Looks like the Club Class change has lead the way for across the board Princess price increases. Fortunately - we were booked before the price changes. Looking at our numbers prices are now up 19% to 39% since February 2016. Love Princess - not so much these significant price increases.

Presuming Club class will work as it does on Cunard, it's not like either anytime or traditional. By way of example it's more like the sanctuary. You will have a specific table assignment which is yours whenever the dining area is open. Whenever you choose to come in your spot is waiting for you. Many have said they think this will be in in one of the anytime dining rooms. I personally believe it will be part of the traditional dining room because the environment is less frenetic and the space a little more exclusive since it's off the beaten path location wise.

Presuming Club class will work as it does on Cunard' date=' it's not like either anytime or traditional. By way of example it's more like the sanctuary. You will have a specific table assignment which is yours whenever the dining area is open. Whenever you choose to come in your spot is waiting for you. Many have said they think this will be in in one of the anytime dining rooms. I personally believe it will be part of the traditional dining room because the environment is less frenetic and the space a little more exclusive since it's off the beaten path location wise.[/quote']I don't believe your description is correct. The information provided by Princess states that it will be in an Anytime DR and they also mention minimal or no waiting.

I don't believe your description is correct. The information provided by Princess states that it will be in an Anytime DR and they also mention minimal or no waiting.

Keep in mind that the dining room on deck 6 is TD for early seating then switches to ATD. Because of its use for overflow TD as well as ATD I would expect it to be the one used. From the description I expect them to take some portion of the left hand side. Use the door there, usually kept closed for the private entrance and rope off some portion of that side. They could then use the remaining space for over flow early TD as they do now and ATD for late dining as they do now and not impact the main ATD dining room on deck 5 or the main TD room in the aft.

Edited by RDC1

Keep in mind that the dining room on deck 6 is TD for early seating then switches to ATD. Because of its use for overflow TD as well as ATD I would expect it to be the one used. From the description I expect them to take some portion of the left hand side. Use the door there, usually kept closed for the private entrance and rope off some portion of that side. They could then use the remaining space for over flow early TD as they do now and ATD for late dining as they do now and not impact the main ATD dining room on deck 5 or the main TD room in the aft.

I agree that they will probably not use the TD dining room on deck 6 aft. There is only one entry to that dining room, and I don't know how they could create another one. Either of the midship dining rooms could be used, since they do have entry doors (currently unused) on the other side. We will need to wait to see, but I expect you're right - use of that dining room would reduce the total number of TD early seating tables, but it would probably have the least impact overall.

Personally, I hope they use the dining room on deck 6 midships for Club Dining. My three brothers and I (and wives) are booked on a British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in August 2017. This is the first extended family cruise we will have taken without an assigned TD table, and I'm looking forward to the flexibility and convenience of Club Dining. It will be especially convenient if they use the dining room on deck 6 midships, since we each have cabins on that deck - it would be very convenient if we could just take that short walk from our cabins to the Club Dining entrance.

I still feel this is the beginning of a cast and class system.

longf cruiser

It is paying for services, not cast class. If you pay triple or quadruple for a suite don't you expect better amenities? I see it as no different then paying for a spa treatment, you pay you get your spa treatment.

I see cruising as becoming more A"LA Carte whereas before it was more inclusive.

Just booked a cruise on the Ruby Princess today for December 22. Talked to Princess and they had a hard time finding out how much the difference was for Club Class. What I was told was $2,668 per person for a Mini Suite Club Class on this cruise, I booked a Mini Suite and paid $1,899 each. Not worth it to me. Not enough perks for that amount of money.

Agreed. While I might try it once I think the price difference, IMHO, for what is offered is just not worth the extra $$$$$.....

Bob

It is paying for services, not cast class. If you pay triple or quadruple for a suite don't you expect better amenities? I see it as no different then paying for a spa treatment, you pay you get your spa treatment.

I see cruising as becoming more A"LA Carte whereas before it was more inclusive.

The perception of a castE system will exist as long as people are jealous of what others may have. This is the age of entitlement.

I don't believe your description is correct. The information provided by Princess states that it will be in an Anytime DR and they also mention minimal or no waiting.

I have read the Club Class FAQs, where does it say that it will be in the Anytime DR?

It says dedicated area in the MDR. Please provide a link where Princess says it will be in the Anytime DR.

I have read the Club Class FAQs, where does it say that it will be in the Anytime DR?

It says dedicated area in the MDR. Please provide a link where Princess says it will be in the Anytime DR.

As you state, Club Class Dining will be "in the Main Dining Room", but it doesn't say which one.

According to FAQ 5, someone booked in Club Class can choose to dine during Anytime Dining hours in the MDR, so Club Class is an extension of Anytime Dining. If you want Traditional Dining, you would need to change to Traditional Dining - and you would lose the Club Class Dining advantages for dinner.

Note that - unlike someone with traditional dining - someone with Club Class dining is welcome to eat in the anytime dining room anytime they wish without giving up their Club Class dining for use on other occasions.

FAQ 2 states Club Class Dining would have "Private main dining room entrance with host". In the ships with three dining rooms (traditional on deck 6 aft, anytime and split traditional early/anytime on decks 5 and 6 midship), it would be very difficult to establish a separate entrance to the aft dining room, since there is only one lobby in front of the central door. It would be relatively easy to establish a separate entrance to either of the midship dining rooms, since they already have doors on each side and they currently only use the doors on one side. Based on the logistics of the separate entrance it would almost have to be one of the midship dining rooms (either the anytime one or the mixed anytime/traditional one).

Edited by NavyVeteran

FAQ 5 states "Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in Traditional Dining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant." I will agree that it does not specifically state that Club Class Dining will be in an ATD dining room but appears to imply that.

This idea makes sense to me. Of course in this scenario it will affect not only ATD but TD as well. It will mean fewer tables for the early seating and that might be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anybody have a guess how Princess will implement Club Class Dining on the Pacific Princess?

One Traditional Dining Room on Deck 5, and alternating Sterling Steakhouse and Sabatini's on Deck 10. Currently confirmed for 6 pm dining, but that was before the Club Class Dining was announced. I call Princess yesterday (sailing in Owner's Suite) and they didn't know.

It would be easy enough to have both traditional and anytime in the same section of a main dining room for Club Level Dining.

Some tables for traditional ... other tables for anytime.

Sometimes Princess already sort of does this.

On our Emerald cruise in January we had anytime. For the last leg of the cruise we ask for and were given a table we liked for six at 8 o'clock each evening in anytime ... same table, same waiters each night.

The same would work for "Enhanced Dining".

LuLu

I don't mind if people want to pay more for perceived value. I just don't want it to impact my dining experience [emoji33]

That can't be achieved in the real world. Those who pay more get more. Have you ever tried to make a reservation at specialty restaurant on the first night and they are all booked because suites get a complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant the first night? I can't get the dinner time i want on the first night when I've been in a suite.

You can't use the area ( usually skywalkers) if you're not a Platinum/ elite or suite during the nightly happy hour.

You don't have access to the spa, oh those warm tile loungers if you don't pay for it or in a suite.

You don't have the same room service menu as suites so go get your own snacks at the buffet or IC if you want and bring it back to your cabin.

Here's one that impacts many......you don't have a special line at guest services unless you're in a suite or elite and that impacts everyone in the longer guest service lines.

The list goes on how paying more gets more, it's reality.

That can't be achieved in the real world. Those who pay more get more. Have you ever tried to make a reservation at specialty restaurant on the first night and they are all booked because suites get a complimentary dinner in the specialty restaurant the first night? I can't get the dinner time i want on the first night when I've been in a suite.

You can't use the area ( usually skywalkers) if you're not a Platinum/ elite or suite during the nightly happy hour.

You don't have access to the spa, oh those warm tile loungers if you don't pay for it or in a suite.

You don't have the same room service menu as suites so go get your own snacks at the buffet or IC if you want and bring it back to your cabin.

Here's one that impacts many......you don't have a special line at guest services unless you're in a suite or elite and that impacts everyone in the longer guest service lines.

You are absolutely correct.

I am also amused by the fact that some of those who think this will create a caste system proudly announce that they are Elite. I wonder when was the last time they gave any of their benefits because it wasn't fair or effected someone who was not Elite. Cruise line loyalty programs really have created caste systems.

Let me state it in a somewhat different way.

I have cruised Princess because I have perceived the value of the experience, to be worth the cost. If you reduce the value, ie negatively impact the dining experience, then the cost benefit changes and can impact any future decisions.

I do not care what additional things they might add to someone willing to pay for them. What I do care a bout is what I receive for what I pay. The implementation of this may in fact impact what I receive for what I pay in a negative fashion.

Your response did not line up with his comment. He merely indicated that he did not want the implementation to impact his experience. Your answer about people paying more getting more really does not match up with his comment. About not wanting his experience negatively impacted. He did not say anything about wanting what they were getting only that he wanted to keep what he was getting now, before implementation of the new system.

Edited by RDC1

• 2 weeks later...
Let me state it in a somewhat different way.

I have cruised Princess because I have perceived the value of the experience, to be worth the cost. If you reduce the value, ie negatively impact the dining experience, then the cost benefit changes and can impact any future decisions.

I do not care what additional things they might add to someone willing to pay for them. What I do care a bout is what I receive for what I pay. The implementation of this may in fact impact what I receive for what I pay in a negative fashion.

Your response did not line up with his comment. He merely indicated that he did not want the implementation to impact his experience. Your answer about people paying more getting more really does not match up with his comment. About not wanting his experience negatively impacted. He did not say anything about wanting what they were getting only that he wanted to keep what he was getting now, before implementation of the new system.

This is a good point. Lately, I am finding that the Princess cost/benefit ratio provides marginal value. Any further erosion is likely to cause us to cruise less often, if at all. On five of the five last Princss cruises, I caught the flu towards the end of the cruise. On five of the last five land-based vacations, I did not. A recent land-based vacation in an ocean-front suite in a non-smoking resort cost only 20% more than a mini-suite on Princess...and I ate cooked to order food whenever I wanted on an ocean front porch. Cruising is still special. I think partly because it is a car-free, pedestrian only environment. But we do have options.