Current Captains of Azura?

tottoncruiser

Hi

Does anyone know who the current captains of Azura are? i know the used to be a list of senior officers for all their ships but P&O have removed this page for some reason.

We are particularly interested in the captain for October if anyone knows?

Many Thanks

Darren

• 9 months later...

I've just had my P&O 'moments' magazine and they've put the list of Captains on again!

I couldn't see Neil Turnball on the list though, anyone know where he's gone? He was great fun on Azura in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've just had my P&O 'moments' magazine and they've put the list of Captains on again!

I couldn't see Neil Turnball on the list though, anyone know where he's gone? He was great fun on Azura in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes we noticed from the magazine that a lot of staff do not seem to be with P&O any longer. My husband particularly mentioned that Hughie Taylor seems to be no longer entertainments manager on Ventura. Although I found him quite funny my husband couldn't stand him.

Yes we noticed from the magazine that a lot of staff do not seem to be with P&O any longer. My husband particularly mentioned that Hughie Taylor seems to be no longer entertainments manager on Ventura. Although I found him quite funny my husband couldn't stand him.

I don't think I've experienced Hughie! I hope Cap-a-tain Turnbull is ok, I know he had heart problems a few years ago.

I couldn't see Neil Turnball on the list though, anyone know where he's gone? He was great fun on Azura in 2015

Yes, I wondered that too. We were so hoping he would be on Aurora for our cruise this summer, because he captained her when we first went on her 5 years ago and was lovely. His family were on board and our children played together. There was a rumour that after he recovered from his illness he would be on Azura for a while and then return to Aurora.

Our captain is Wesley Dunlop, our entertainments manager Jon Bartram. I haven't come across either of them. What do CCers think of them?

I am given to understand that Captain Turnbull is back at work with Carnival but is currently shore-side. I was hoping he would be on Aurora next week but this doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.

Jon Bartram is an experienced hand with P&O. My only experience of him was years ago when he was a deputy CD but at that time he did a very good job of it. Mind you, he had to really as the CD on that cruise was Mr Invisible.

Yes, I wondered that too. We were so hoping he would be on Aurora for our cruise this summer, because he captained her when we first went on her 5 years ago and was lovely. His family were on board and our children played together. There was a rumour that after he recovered from his illness he would be on Azura for a while and then return to Aurora.

Our captain is Wesley Dunlop, our entertainments manager Jon Bartram. I haven't come across either of them. What do CCers think of them?

Yes he did go to Azura because we had him as our Captain in 2015 (June).

Sorry I can't answer re Wesley Dunlop but I have seen the name about.

]I am given to understand that Captain Turnbull is back at work with Carnival but is currently shore-side[/b]. I was hoping he would be on Aurora next week but this doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.

Jon Bartram is an experienced hand with P&O. My only experience of him was years ago when he was a deputy CD but at that time he did a very good job of it. Mind you' date=' he had to really as the CD on that cruise was Mr Invisible.[/quote']

Thanks, good to know he's still around.

The other odd thing on the Captain's list is that Oriana stops at June for some reason!

I am given to understand that Captain Turnbull is back at work with Carnival but is currently shore-side. I was hoping he would be on Aurora next week but this doesn't appear to be the case at the moment.

Jon Bartram is an experienced hand with P&O. My only experience of him was years ago when he was a deputy CD but at that time he did a very good job of it. Mind you, he had to really as the CD on that cruise was Mr Invisible.

Thank you Britboys. It's good to know Cptn Turnbull is still around. We found his lovely personality and management style was reflected throughout Aurora. I hope we will get to cruise with him again. Can't remember who was the Ents Dir on that cruise (probably speaks volumes!). Since then have experienced Neil Oliver on Azura when I thought he was v.v. good and worked bloomin' hard and again on Britannia when I thought he wasn't so good. Will be interested to see what Mr Bartram is like.

I note we are in the same part of the world. :)

Who is Azura's captain at the minute? Is it the nice young handsome one:hearteyes:

If you mean Robert Camby then yes until 14th May, then he is on Aurora for a little while in June then back to Azura on 9th August.

Yes he did go to Azura because we had him as our Captain in 2015 (June).

Sorry I can't answer re Wesley Dunlop but I have seen the name about.

We had Wesley Dunlop for most of Aurora's world cruise. He is very sociable and pleasant - ex Saga Cruises. He boasts of an enviable record (so far) of never leaving a passenger behind!

We had Wesley Dunlop for most of Aurora's world cruise. He is very sociable and pleasant - ex Saga Cruises. He boasts of an enviable record (so far) of never leaving a passenger behind!

LOL. Then we must make sure we don't break his duck!!

:')

I hope no one takes that as a challenge!!!

:')

I hope no one takes that as a challenge!!!

Two passengers were two hours late back to the ship in San Diego in March. It was due to being stuck in traffic due to a major accident and they did phone the port agent to inform the ship. Captain Wesley said it was a close run thing on that occasion!

Two passengers were two hours late back to the ship in San Diego in March. It was due to being stuck in traffic due to a major accident and they did phone the port agent to inform the ship. Captain Wesley said it was a close run thing on that occasion!

Oh my... lucky for them that he was able to wait