Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

• 2 weeks later...

I guess i should update... i continued to have multiple issues since getting this cough and could not start chemo or get my radiation. I ended up back in the hospital for a few days this week and decided to officially go into hospice. I am doing out patient care and signed the paperwork today. They provided an ambulance transport to get me home this afternoon and came out to my house to make sure I'm set up with everything i need. Monday I'll get to meet my actual nurse and case manager. Everything went so smooth and hassle free today that I'm feeling pretty confident about this decision. I have the right to leave it at any time if i wish and then return later.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Edited by sherilyn70

I guess i should update... i continued to have multiple issues since getting this cough and could not start chemo or get my radiation. I ended up back in the hospital for a few days this week and decided to officially go into hospice. I am doing out patient care and signed the paperwork today. They provided an ambulance transport to get me home this afternoon and came out to my house to make sure I'm set up with everything i need. Monday I'll get to meet my actual nurse and case manager. Everything went so smooth and hassle free today that I'm feeling pretty confident about this decision. I have the right to leave it at any time if i wish and then return later.

Sherilyn you and Lois are in my thoughts. I had lunch yesterday with a friend undergoing chemotherapy and it reminded me how brave and yet elegant you all are in your grace under fire.

I just wanted you to know even on the other side of the world we are wishing you all the best.

Julie

Sherilyn, you've been an inspiration to all throughout your battle - and continue to be. Thank you for the update; I will continue to keep you in my prayers throughout the days ahead.

Lois, good luck to you with your doctor's visit on Monday.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Lois, any updates on you? You're such a trooper! How are the new shoes working out? Is your pf doing any better?

Sherilyn, ahh. Not sure what to say except peace be with you. You are the bravest person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing virtually. I've always enjoyed reading your posts here over the years. You're so wise and thoughtful and honest.

Virtual hugs to both of you.

Sherilyn, ahh. Not sure what to say except peace be with you. You are the bravest person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing virtually. I've always enjoyed reading your posts here over the years. You're so wise and thoughtful and honest.

Thank you so much. I have tried live my life as an honest and respectful manner and it is reassuring to hear that it was noticed and appreciated. [emoji4]

After i got home we asked about the respite care. They checked my insurance and found a bed for me in the main house... by 6pm Monday i was transported and all settled into a bed. I've been resting here ever since. The place is very nice, large private rooms and everyone has a patio to go out on to. The food isn't bad either. It's good to know that when i get really sick that they'll be taking care of me and spoiling me.

Lois, any updates on you? You're such a trooper! How are the new shoes working out? Is your pf doing any better?

Hi Sandy, my PF is much, much better...thanks......I decided to get a bunch

of new shoes......all VIONICS.....not inexpensive but I think they will be

worth it.

I went to the Dr on Monday......now my red count is a bit low (not

real bad) but he wants me to start taking iron pills for that.....

And for some reason my ankles are swelling:rolleyes:....they usually

swell while I cruise and not at home...and my Hemotoligist wouldn't

give me anything because he said he wants to know why they are

swelling and I should see my GP for that........:eek:....he said it is not

"urgent" but I should have them checked. I actually thought it might

be from my cancers meds but he said no.......

Sherilyn, sending you all my best thoughts........

Edited by Lois R

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sherry didn't make it. She went very early this morning. I posted a picture of her from her last cruise on the Recycle thread. Rest In Peace, Sherry.

Very sorry to hear that. She was a real fighter .... so brave.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Sherry didn't make it. She went very early this morning. I posted a picture of her from her last cruise on the Recycle thread. Rest In Peace, Sherry.

Heaven has a brand new angel.

She just got there today.

God thought she was so special,

He called her home to stay.

I can hear her singing praise.

She is giving God the glory

as she sees Him face to face.

From this life, she is gone.

In memory, she will stay alive.

Forever, she'll live on.

Heavy hearts are filled with pain.

Our loss is Heaven's gain.

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

OH MY:(.......I hope she knew how much we all really cared and that she

went peacefully.......

Sherylin, RIP...........

What sad news. She was such a fighter; she knew she could leave the hospice at any time and go home if she felt better, so you know she always had hope. God bless her and all those whose lives she touched.

Will you please pass our condolences to her husband for us? Thank you.

:-(

Gerry