What the??? Released Our Suite?

Have a group reservation we booked over a year ago that has two royal family suites reserved with final payment not due until August 30. I got this email this morning with an invoice (see pic) and freaking out a little since RCI's group department is not open on Sunday's and non-group agents can't help me. What's weird is it says the FS is single occupancy but both suites we have have at least 5 people in them. What do you think happened? Did they release one of our suites?

d65d6b5c7d01cc6597c65a3ae4deb564.png

I would start with emailing the person listed today and attach your orginal invoice with the date you have, maybe they will respond. Since the RFS has more than 4 people they always have to have an additional reservation number, maybe they updated their system and it kicked it out.

That would freak me out too! Looks like there is an e-mail address on the upper right side. Whether he is working today or not, I would send a message ASAP to that address saying this is in error in several ways: due date, occupancy, etc.

For group bookings do you not have to have names confirmed and additional deposit in before final payment or the cruise line reclaims the cabins.

Whatever the case I would call ASAP. I would even try calling C&A today to see if they can help.

I'm reading it the same as you. If you read what was posted closely it wasn't cancelled due to not paying FINAL payment, but because the full deposit wasn't paid.

Adding - surprised given deposit was due 2015 they only just emailed?

Op can you prove you paid the full deposit? I hope it all works out for you

I would try calling the C&a number rather than general number

Edited by Spurschick

I presume group bookings go through a TA, so the deposit would have been paid by the OP through the TA to RCL. I'd start with the TA and make sure that everything was done properly on their end, and then have them fight with RCL.

In the family suites, or any stateroom I think, they can only put 4 on a reservation. Ours is split up with 4 people on one number and 1 on another even though we are all staying in the same stateroom.

Don't know anything about the rest of your issue, but something like this might be why they are showing a single.

For group bookings do you not have to have names confirmed and additional deposit in before final payment or the cruise line reclaims the cabins.

Whatever the case I would call ASAP. I would even try calling C&A today to see if they can help.

We had names and everything. My daughter was person #5 in a separate booking number in our RFS and her portion paid in full.

What's also weird is they list a $8,000 deposit [emoji15] that's double the cost of our suite!

I would start with emailing the person listed today and attach your orginal invoice with the date you have, maybe they will respond. Since the RFS has more than 4 people they always have to have an additional reservation number, maybe they updated their system and it kicked it out.

We had that but that 2nd booking id has my daughter on it and it was paid in full two months ago. It's just strange why the system just randomly sent the email.

You have to deal with the groups dept and they ARE open today...but close earlier than normal so call now.

There's two different groups departments. There's groups for direct bookings and groups for travel agents. The latter is open today, but they won't be able to help him if he booked direct. He does need to call them though and ask to speak to groups resolutions as they are the resolutions for both departments.

Most likely they were holding an extra "seat" for the 6th person that was never named in the cabin and that is what was released.

Just to relieve your fears, can you view the bookings in the Cruise Planner to see that all is ok?

Also, you should be able to get someone in Groups today. Let us know what happens.

There's two different groups departments. There's groups for direct bookings and groups for travel agents. The latter is open today, but they won't be able to help him if he booked direct. He does need to call them though and ask to speak to groups resolutions as they are the resolutions for both departments.

Oh right...I immediately thought the OP was an agent.:p

Have a group reservation we booked over a year ago that has two royal family suites reserved with final payment not due until August 30. I got this email this morning with an invoice (see pic) and freaking out a little since RCI's group department is not open on Sunday's and non-group agents can't help me. What's weird is it says the FS is single occupancy but both suites we have have at least 5 people in them. What do you think happened? Did they release one of our suites?

I have had several group bookings and they always seem to send out these type of emails at strange times and have on lots of strange info including the amounts to be paid and the dates they are to be paid on. I always got more and more confused any time these emails arrived in my IN Box. A few posters have said you can reach somebody in group resolutions today. Not sure if that is correct or not, but if not, be sure to contact the individual you were dealing with directly tomorrow. The person handling my current group reservations (Giovanni) has been an amazing individual to work with.

If the full deposit required has already been paid, then I would assume your cabin reservations are still intact since you are still not at the final payment date quite yet.

I do know that we had a block of cabins of all different types held for 30 days and I got a few similar emails to yours when the 30 days were up where they released the cabins where NO deposit had been made as of yet (they blocked more cabins than our group needed).

As for amount owing ($8000 I believe you mentioned)...In our case that was the amount owed for the deposits still for ALL the cabins in your block in total that were not yet picked up and deposits made on as of yet. That amount is reduced when RCCL takes back the unused cabins in the block. This had me worried as well til I understood that.

Most likely they were holding an extra "seat" for the 6th person that was never named in the cabin and that is what was released.

Just to relieve your fears, can you view the bookings in the Cruise Planner to see that all is ok?

Also, you should be able to get someone in Groups today. Let us know what happens.

I'll log in when I get home and check. We already got rid of a 6th person almost 4 months ago and had a receipt for that so I don't know why they randomly sent me that. I'm the group's leader/contact so I get notification any time something happens within the group.

Call asap, but do not panic, if this is the 5th person in the FS and the quad booking is stll valid, easy fix because you still have the statroom, just the single cancelled . Be prepared with both res numbers. Call 800 327 2055.

Edited by woehwdy

Call asap, but do not panic, if this is the 5th person in the FS and the quad booking is stll valid, easy fix because you still have the statroom, just the single cancelled . Be prepared with both res numbers. Call 800 327 2055.

That's the travel agents number for group.

Without a travel agent, they call a different number and it was noted earlier, that dept is closed today.

What this means is when you set up your group there was an options date. All cabins must be named by that date. Also A certain level of deposit must be met by that date. So you haven't named the occupants for that cabin and you haven't met the total deposit required for the group. They reserve the right to recall the cabins either before or at that date. I am a TA and you need to watch these dates carefully.

Maybe if the OP would post the cabin numbers, someone could look to see if the cabin in question is showing available or not. It won't guarantee that someone else hasn't booked the cabin, but it might help the OP sleep tonight.

Both RFS are 8714 & 8414. I tried calling and group reservations are closed and regular agent said C&A can't help. Only the groups dept can answer.