Itineraries being changed?

bitob

So, what's Marina doing the 32 days between February 3rd (Papeete) and March 7th (Papeete) r/t to N. Z. and Australia?

Shes doing Tahiti cruises through Feb and March and then heading to LA from Tahiti on March 19th. Then to Miami then up to Canada and to London

Shes doing Tahiti cruises through Feb and March and then heading to LA from Tahiti on March 19th. Then to Miami then up to Canada and to London

If you have any questions, just post them and I will do my best to answer you..

Jancruz1

what winter are we talking about? no one i know got notice from an agent for this winter. mine away again. the people on the Feb 2017 know nothing else i am sure it would be posted on our roll call.

what winter are we talking about? no one i know got notice from an agent for this winter. mine away again. the people on the Feb 2017 know nothing else i am sure it would be posted on our roll call.

This whole thread is talking about late fall/winter 2017 and spring 2018. No effect on Feb 2017

Oceania said that they have just changed the ship and that they will just move my reservation to Regatta.

They forgot to mention that they moved the date of the cruise from 3 Jan 2018 to 19 Nov 2017... I guess they thought I would not notice this.

Regatta is repeating the circumnavigation of Australia and already says "limited availability "

It now says available -- wonder how long...

Edited by PaulMCO

This whole thread is talking about late fall/winter 2017 and spring 2018. No effect on Feb 2017

Thank you! I knew which two ships but not sure of which winter. The only two ships i have been on are these two. One in another life. would prefer the Marina. i had port changes but never a ship. all very strange

Just not impressed that they send an email notification talking about 'change' and 'enhancements' and they have cancelled the cruise that I booked. Will try to find something else on another cruiseline. I am done.

Just not impressed that they send an email notification talking about 'change' and 'enhancements' and they have cancelled the cruise that I booked. Will try to find something else on another cruiseline. I am done.

Agree with the NOT IMPRESSED. Was on the phone with my TA this afternoon. We were able to get the cabin and the itinerary (Australia Circumnavigation).

However not impressed on how they notified people and what they offered. They offered no compensation unless you accepted same/similar (their choice) itinerary. So for me because I am restricted to going in January -- nothing. I would have had to accept a November sailing instead of January.

Bad form Oceania. Loyalty is double edged.

The reason I am sticking with O for this next holiday is the itinerary. However as you stated next time "will try to find something on another cruiseline."

If you have any questions, just post them and I will do my best to answer you..

Jancruz1

Jan

You asked for questions.

Somewhat related to the confusion about itinerary changes is the confusion about adding the statement "amenities are per stateroom" to O Life offers on most (if not all) 2017-18 cruises. If I've cut/pasted correctly, you should see below my previous post about this. Others have chimed in as well about the apparent error of adjusting some perk amounts but not others thus resulting in big ???? about things like O Life OBC appearing to have been cut in half OR (perhaps more interestingly) an odd number of excursions (5, 7, 9, etc) were not adjusted to even numbers in changing from "per person" to "per stateroom." Someone at Oceania really needs to look at this (note: the discrepancies are all the same, i.e., perk went from per person to per stateroom but only some amenity amounts were adjusted accordingly (while the non-adjusted ones will have folks trying how to split an odd number of excursions). Maybe you can bring this to the attention of the appropriate person.

Another recent post on the Oceania forum (regarding the changing of ships for certain itineraries) got me looking at all four of my future bookings (which I normally do with less frequency).

My two 2017 cruises (both Grand Voyages - Miami/Athens and London/London) were booked this past spring and both had significant price drops in June (10-20%), for which my TA got a price adjustment. The O Life "per person" OBC on each remained the same. The 2018 Grand Voyage price (as well as it's two segments - Sydney/Papeete and Papeete/LA) was also purchased this past spring. However, it's price has gone up (expectedly).

What catalyzed this CC post was a potentially confusing more recent change to the O website statement about O Life benefits for new bookings on many future itineraries in 2017-18 (not to be confused with the recent addition of "ultimate O Life" where you get all 3 amenities - a whole other conversation).

When I did my future bookings, O Life OBC (or excursions or wine/beer package) was "per person." Thus, an advertised $800 OBC turns out to be $1600 for the cabin).

What has recently changed is the addition of the line "amenities are per stateroom" under the posted choices on many (most?) of the 2017-2018 itineraries.

And what is VERY interesting is that not all of the O choice amounts have been doubled to reflect that reconfiguration (e.g., $800/person now may read only $800/stateroom.

For my cruises, the spring 2017 one now reads "per stateroom" and the posted OBC has doubled (that's good for the new bookings). However, both my fall 2017 and 2018 cruises now have the "per stateroom" line but have NOT doubled the O Life amounts (that's bad for the new bookings). Thus, while I get a total of $1600 O Life OBC on that 2017 London/London trip, someone booking today will only get $800. The net affect is equally similar for my 2018 cruise.

What I (and perhaps you) don't know is why some future itineraries' amenities doubled, OR did not, when the "per stateroom" line was added. Is it intentional or just a sporadic data input oversight error done when the change to "per stateroom" was made (I.e., some amounts were erroneously not doubled)?

Fortunately, we booked early and then got the recent price drop without being subjected to the more recent O Life "per stateroom" change.

Has anyone else noticed (or been affected by) this and have a comment/opinion?

Jan

You asked for questions.

Somewhat related to the confusion about itinerary changes is the confusion about adding the statement "amenities are per stateroom" to O Life offers on most (if not all) 2017-18 cruises. If I've cut/pasted correctly, you should see below my previous post about this. Others have chimed in as well about the apparent error of adjusting some perk amounts but not others thus resulting in big ???? about things like O Life OBC appearing to have been cut in half OR (perhaps more interestingly) an odd number of excursions (5, 7, 9, etc) were not adjusted to even numbers in changing from "per person" to "per stateroom." Someone at Oceania really needs to look at this (note: the discrepancies are all the same, i.e., perk went from per person to per stateroom but only some amenity amounts were adjusted accordingly (while the non-adjusted ones will have folks trying how to split an odd number of excursions). Maybe you can bring this to the attention of the appropriate person.

We have been talking to O about this oversight not a good policy..I am hoping they will get it..I will keep you posted..

Jancruz1

Agree with the NOT IMPRESSED. Was on the phone with my TA this afternoon. We were able to get the cabin and the itinerary (Australia Circumnavigation).

However not impressed on how they notified people and what they offered. They offered no compensation unless you accepted same/similar (their choice) itinerary. So for me because I am restricted to going in January -- nothing. I would have had to accept a November sailing instead of January.

Bad form Oceania. Loyalty is double edged.

The reason I am sticking with O for this next holiday is the itinerary. However as you stated next time "will try to find something on another cruiseline."

I agree with both of you! Sending an email and mentioning "enhancements" with the next line reading "Your cruise has been cancelled!" And what is the compensation for cancelling? Very disappointed- I think it is poor customer service and handled poorly. This booking was number 10 on Oceania- I think I'm done too!