Room Change

I did some research on the room I will be staying in with my parents. The configuration we got assigned has a Pullman bed. I'm nervous about this for a couple reasons.

When I was 15 I fell climbing down from a bunk bed. I had to have surgery on my shoulder. I'm naturally clumsy. Also, I have a tendency to use the bathroom a lot at night. It's caused by anxiety. And since I plan to get my money's worth of my drink package, I don't think it will be safe for a drunk person to literally climb into bed. And I'm on the heavy side.

Is it possible to get our room switched to the same room type but with a sofa bed?

We will be on the Adventure of the Seas leaving July 31st. I know it's late notice. I'm not above sleeping on the couch it means I don't hurt myself.

I did some research on the room I will be staying in with my parents. The configuration we got assigned has a Pullman bed. I'm nervous about this for a couple reasons.

When I was 15 I fell climbing down from a bunk bed. I had to have surgery on my shoulder. I'm naturally clumsy. Also, I have a tendency to use the bathroom a lot at night. It's caused by anxiety. And since I plan to get my money's worth of my drink package, I don't think it will be safe for a drunk person to literally climb into bed. And I'm on the heavy side.

Is it possible to get our room switched to the same room type but with a sofa bed?

We will be on the Adventure of the Seas leaving July 31st. I know it's late notice. I'm not above sleeping on the couch it means I don't hurt myself.

You should call whoever booked your cruise ASAP. I don't know the stateroom configurations offhand, but I doubt that a stateroom that has a pullman is the same category as a stateroom that has a sofabed. In other words, if there is a category change involved (assuming at this late date that there is even a stateroom with a sofabed available), then there is likely to be a re-pricing.

Another option (if possible) would be to have one of your parents sleep in the pullman.

Edited by clarea

I believe this category does have both Pullman and sofa bed.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony.

I left my phone at home so I can't pester my stepdad until after work. I wanted to ask cruise experts what they thought also ;)

I believe this category does have both Pullman and sofa bed.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony.

I left my phone at home so I can't pester my stepdad until after work. I wanted to ask cruise experts what they thought also ;)

What is the exact category? E1?

It's an E1. Looking at the map again I see the E1 rooms do not have the sofa bed :(

That room title does come in E2 & E3. I think it's the E3 that comes with the sofa bed I believe.

Like I mentioned above, the ship does not appear to have any available staterooms, so I think you are out of luck.

Set up the pullman mattress on the floor.

No need to do it themselves...the cabin steward will do it each night..all they need to do is request this when they meet him/her on boarding day ;)