Whiskey?

danaanderik

My in-laws drink Makers Mark & Ginger Ale and have the classic beverage package but I don't see whiskey listed at all for Classic or Premium. Anyone know if they carry this on the ship?

Thanks. I'm not a whiskey drinker so I have no clue if there's a good substitution.

If they are mixing it with ginger ale a reasonable substitution is Jim Beam. Jack Daniel's is rather on the sweet side to mix with a sweetened soda IMHO. If I remember correctly Jim Beam is on the Classic list and Wild Turkey or Jack Daniel's was on the Premium list last we were on the Summit. I would hope by now Makers Mark would be added to the Premium list and the JD moved into the Classic list.. And yes, as AV Cruz suggested, look under bourbon not whiskey.

If they are mixing it with ginger ale a reasonable substitution is Jim Beam. Jack Daniel's is rather on the sweet side to mix with a sweetened soda IMHO. If I remember correctly Jim Beam is on the Classic list and Wild Turkey or Jack Daniel's was on the Premium list last we were on the Summit. I would hope by now Makers Mark would be added to the Premium list and the JD moved into the Classic list.. And yes, as AV Cruz suggested, look under bourbon not whiskey.

Jack Daniels is on the classic or at least it was a little over a month ago, first time I got a classic drink package was three years ago and it was on the classic then

Edited by dkjretired

My in-laws drink Makers Mark & Ginger Ale and have the classic beverage package but I don't see whiskey listed at all for Classic or Premium. Anyone know if they carry this on the ship?

Thanks. I'm not a whiskey drinker so I have no clue if there's a good substitution.

Hello,

Look at the first post of this attached thread, and it shows a picture of many of the beverages included in the different packages, and your in-laws should then be able to find a substitute, or perhaps might want to upgrade. Makers Mark is listed on the "Premium" package.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2289259&referrerid=1156410

And you were correct in asking about "whiskey"...as Bourbon is a whiskey ! As the old saying goes..."Bourbon is always a whiskey, but whiskey is not always bourbon" ! :D...Celebrity just lumps them all under "spirits", as that picture shows.

Hope this helps.

BBL

Yes, the do carry Makers Mark. And yes, it is included in the Classic Package. I just returned from the Celebrity Silhouette two weeks ago. I found two bar menus in the Sky Observation Lounge which both had pages about what´s included in which package (you will find photos here). Makers Mark wasn´t mentioned for any of the packages. I saw it at the bar and asked (here´s my photo proof - o.k. by the photo you can´t really say what´s in my glass). The bartender checked at the register came back and said, yes, it´s included in the Classic Packages. I ordered it in the Ensemble Lounge and there the bartenders didn´t even have to check at the register.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

To the OP,

So, in typical Celebrity fashion...you see that there is not a simple answer to your question about Makers Mark ! Some printed materials show it as Premium, some don't list it at all; some folks asked and received it under the Classic; probably others were told it was a Premium.

Best you just wait til onboard, and ask the Bartenders ! Even then...some may tell you it is Premium, others may say it is Classic ! Find your favorite Bar, your favorite Bartender, and hope for the best !

Enjoy

BBL

Makers Mark is bourbon, so you'd probably be better if you looked under bourbon. I don't believe that it's included in the classic package.

It was included in the Classic package when we were on Summit last. My husband drank it all the time the last time. Om silhouette in Dec he drank Jack

Edited by karena1

Yes I found it not well defined but I was pleasantly surprised that Crown Royal, Seagrams 7 and Canadian Club were on Classic Pkg and I really can't help with Makers Mark but will try it on our November cruise. You may just see what the bartenders say once you are on board then upgrade if you need to.

Enjoy your cruise!!

When ordering a whiskey one should say what type of whiskey i always say Scotch or Irish there is thai whiskey also the Japanese make whiskey i was on equinox the classic package was Dewers and Chivas regal scotch, There was Jim Beam And Jack Daniels Bourbon Whiskey if you are adding a mix these are all fine with me. I was On a Thai Airline and ordered a whiskey never again. so give the Bar person a go and order correctly have a G/Day Aussie