Boarding times issue

jackieo

We are three couples travelling down to Southampton together. However we have boarding times of 1.30. 2.30 and 3pm

We are hoping to get down there by 12 noon. Will the last couple (3pm) be hanging around or will they let them board earlier.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are three couples travelling down to Southampton together. However we have boarding times of 1.30. 2.30 and 3pm

We are hoping to get down there by 12 noon. Will the last couple (3pm) be hanging around or will they let them board earlier.

Thanks in advance

If you turn up at 12 you will all get different cards. .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Jackieo,

We had exactly the same experience with 3 different boarding times on a recent cruise on Azura from Southampton, and we had LINKED bookings. When I queried the different times I was told that linking bookings is only relevant for MDR dinner times.

Jackieo,

We had exactly the same experience with 3 different boarding times on a recent cruise on Azura from Southampton, and we had LINKED bookings. When I queried the different times I was told that linking bookings is only relevant for MDR dinner times.

Thats what we were told as well - our linked bookings with friends on Britannia in May had different times.

Thats what we were told as well - our linked bookings with friends on Britannia in May had different times.

Yes the boarding is by deck and nothing else. Although the order can be random.

Yes the boarding is by deck and nothing else. Although the order can be random.

We sail on Azura on Sunday have a boarding time of 3.30, we are on deck C, friends have same boarding time and are deck R. So it doesn't seem to follow that boarding times relate to deck. We have only just found out they are on the same cruise so bookings aren't linked.

We sail on Azura on Sunday have a boarding time of 3.30, we are on deck C, friends have same boarding time and are deck R. So it doesn't seem to follow that boarding times relate to deck. We have only just found out they are on the same cruise so bookings aren't linked.

Some decks are linked together and it's not always full decks. So it could be c forward and f middle they certainly don't give out the information of the order before hand. And of course it will be different for each ship.

Quantum Physics has nothing on P&O 's boarding order.

Quantum Physics has nothing on P&O 's boarding order.

As someone who gets stressed re the boarding times and goes a bit OTT re my views about the subject this comment really made me laugh. Thanks daiB :) You have to laugh or cry ..... better to laugh eh.

Will take a 'flask' to the terminal for Ventura then ;) Oceana is a fly cruise so that one will be ok. :D

Presto2 - my very elderly mother in law and her daughter in law are on your cruise, flying out from Gatwick. Not sure it's the cruise I would have recommended for them with all the flying etc. but no one asked me lol. I wonder if you will come across them. She's not a very easy lady, so I hope she doesn't come to your notice for bad reasons lol

Edited by Scriv

Why didn't you link your bookings and you would have avoided this?

Didn't know I could.

Linking bookings makes no difference to boarding times, even if done by P&O reservations staff, despite being told it would mean both getting the same check in times.

BTW I believe the times given are check in times, not necessarily boarding times. That depends on how busy security is as to whether you check in and proceed directly onto the ship.

If you turn up at 12 you will all get different cards. .

We are on Britannia in 10 days with our son and family both on C deck and have boarding times of 3:30, which is the same time and deck as our recent Ventura cruise.

We will be on C deck again next May on Azura, so I assume we will get 3:30 again.

We could not get a C deck accessible cabin for our 2018 Ventura cruise and had hoped the boarding time might have been earlier, for Riviera deck so disappointed to read Bab02's post.

However I think I might disagree with Dai about the issue of boarding cards if you arrive too early, certainly in January at Mayflower they just issued the alphabetic cards in sequence if you were early, which is the most sensible way if, as P&O say, they will board you as soon as possible if you do arrive early.

Presto2 - my very elderly mother in law and her daughter in law are on your cruise, flying out from Gatwick. Not sure it's the cruise I would have recommended for them with all the flying etc. but no one asked me lol. I wonder if you will come across them. She's not a very easy lady, so I hope she doesn't come to your notice for bad reasons lol

We'll keep a watch out and let you know if there are any ladies causing chaos on the cruise ;) We fly from Manchester so can't help with the flight I'm afraid.

We'll keep a watch out and let you know if there are any ladies causing chaos on the cruise ;) We fly from Manchester so can't help with the flight I'm afraid.

It's not the younger one we have to worry about lol. She deserves a medal for going and accompanying M-i-L, whose only stipulation was she would be ok as long as she didn't have to see the sea!!!! I jest not! She has been on lots of Saga cruises on tiny ships, so Oceana may seem huge. She is worrying about getting lost bless her! Hope you have a great time, Prestos and look forward to hearing all about it.

Edited by Scriv

It's not the younger one we have to worry about lol. She deserves a medal for going and accompanying M-i-L, whose only stipulation was she would be ok as long as she didn't have to see the sea!!!! I jest not! She has been on lots of Saga cruises on tiny ships, so Oceana may seem huge. She is worrying about getting lost bless her! Hope you have a great time, Prestos and look forward to hearing all about it.

Made me laugh out loud! We once met a group of elderly people on the Celebrity Silhouette in a lift who were determined that they needed to get to the front of the ship in a lift. No explanation that the lift only went up and down helped the situation. It was so funny.

Having said that, having had elderly, confused parents I was told by someone to 'treasure the moments'. Too true.

Watching Oceana leave tonight from Venice on the webcams - very excited now as she is 'coming to collect us' now from Genoa ;)

Thanks in advance

What you must not do is photocopy the later boarding times sheets, cut a hole in them round the boarding time to remove it and shove a copy of the 1.30pm sheet underneath with the earlier time showing through the hole to photocopy a full set of 1.30's.

This is totally unacceptable.

Regards John

What you must not do is photocopy the later boarding times sheets, cut a hole in them round the boarding time to remove it and shove a copy of the 1.30pm sheet underneath with the earlier time showing through the hole to photocopy a full set of 1.30's.

This is totally unacceptable.

Regards John

Wouldn't dream of it John. Lol!!

We are boarding Ventura on Monday for our first ever P & O cruise. We have a check in time of 1300 . I understand we can actually drop the luggage off earlier, if that correct what's the earliest time we can do this.

Many Thanks

Edited by glynandkath

We are boarding Ventura on Monday for our first ever P & O cruise. We have a check in time of 1300 . I understand we can actually drop the luggage off earlier, if that correct what's the earliest time we can do this.

Many Thanks

Officially midday, but in practice after 11am. Too many people disembarking and clogging up the entrance/exits before then!