Lost luggage

NETSEG

We flew from our home town in the uk to Venice ( via Brussels ) all booked through RC. None of our luggage made it to Venice. There were lots of people on board without luggage, ours arrived on day 5 of an 11 night cruise.

While really annoyed about our luggage what annoyed us equally was the lack of continuity with how RC looked after people. We were each given a tshirt, some people got a meal in chops, others got a hair do !! In the end we all went to GS and they agreed to give people some obc to buy essentials as they had run out of the toiletry packs they give people. Unfortunately the ships shop had already run out of basic items, no toothbrushes deodorant etc. Not a good start to a holiday.

Wonder if it was same time as us. We flew to Venice via Brussels too on 10th June to join Vision the following day. Whole plane without luggage also. This seems to be a regular thing with Brussels Airlines though (look at Facebook comments before ever booking with them). Never, ever again for me.

We were fortunate that ours turned up with 10 mins till ship sailed (my son spotted them being loaded when we were at muster drill - they are bright orange!) but we had to buy some clothes before we boarded because we had no info on when we would get them .

Airline refused compensation because it was a power cut but the number of complaints are unbelievable. RCCL Guest Services were a fantastic help though offering laundry, T- shirts etc even though we booked flight independently.

It was such a stressful experience, particularly trying to get cheap underwear in Venice lol. Not going anywhere again without some well packed hand luggage.

Next time there are opinions on people not being so well dressed for formal nights, consider that they may not have the things they packed. We arrived with a couple of carrier bags only.

Oh and they lost it on our return journey for 2 days too. That wasn't their fault either. You couldn't make it up

On our 2nd cruise the airline sent our luggage to Chicago instead of Miami. Because it was a western itinerary we didn't get our luggage to Wednesday afternoon. It was quite an experience. Royal knew exactly what we needed to get by until our things caught up with us. They were so on top of things I got the impression that it happens more often than advertised. We were able to purchase or borrow everything needed to get by except swimwear. That's now the first thing in our cruise carry on.

mmmmmm......wondering how much our travel insurance policy would pay? We are going on a 16 night TA.....looks like the policy pays $200 per person for baggage delay, and $1000 per person for lost baggage if the bags are totally lost. Would think that if we didn't have our baggage for the entire cruise we would get more than $200 per person. Hope I don't have to find out!!

Edited by Coochuck

Wonder if it was same time as us. We flew to Venice via Brussels too on 10th June to join Vision the following day. Whole plane without luggage also. This seems to be a regular thing with Brussels Airlines though (look at Facebook comments before ever booking with them). Never, ever again for me.

We were fortunate that ours turned up with 10 mins till ship sailed (my son spotted them being loaded when we were at muster drill - they are bright orange!) but we had to buy some clothes before we boarded because we had no info on when we would get them .

Airline refused compensation because it was a power cut but the number of complaints are unbelievable. RCCL Guest Services were a fantastic help though offering laundry, T- shirts etc even though we booked flight independently.

It was such a stressful experience, particularly trying to get cheap underwear in Venice lol. Not going anywhere again without some well packed hand luggage.

Next time there are opinions on people not being so well dressed for formal nights, consider that they may not have the things they packed. We arrived with a couple of carrier bags only.

Oh and they lost it on our return journey for 2 days too. That wasn't their fault either. You couldn't make it up

We flew out on the 25th of July, and did hear after that Brussels Airways were bad. We had to Q for 2 hours to report them missing at the airline desk, and because of this our RC transfers left without us !! We had to pay to get to the ship. Other people on the ship flew via Franfurt airport and lost their luggage. We were also offered free laundry service but they wouldn't guarantee an over night service so with only the clothes we stood up in this was no use. There were about 10 of us in shorts and Tshirts on the 1st formal night drinking the captains free champagne in the Centrium, we actually made a lot of friends that night when people found out we had no clothes. 😂

My husband was able to buy underwear on day 3 at the port, but no ladies in site, I became a dap hand at drying my small's with the hair dryer.

We do the same. However, nothing is a guarantee. I'm still surprised at how many peeps don't do that.

Never has crossed my mind to split the luggage until reading this thread. It seems so obvious now. I'll have to suggest it to my wife for our upcoming trip.

Edited by hapster85

After experiencing this 20 years ago, there is no more "his" and "her" luggage when we pack. All the of the clothing and shoes are equally split between the bags so we have some of our clothes if one bag doesn't arrive as oppose to one of us having nothing.

That's a great idea ! We've never had luggage lost, but there's always

that chance it could happen. Thanks !

Edited by wingman2014

We always carry on a full change of clothes each and our swimsuits. We also cross pack. We have never had a problem but better to be safe.

That is our basic plan. I usually add a pair of evening pants and a top. The one time we did not cross pack, my bag was lost for an entire business/pleasure trip to Copenhagen. :eek:

m

I carry all my toiletries with me - shampoo, conditioner, body wash - I even finally found spray deodorant in a carry on size. I have travel size spray bottles for hair stuff as needed - depends on how I am wearing my hair what I will need or buy travel size hair spray.

NEVER pack medications !! No matter how short the flight unles going home where you have a supply

the same thing happened to me in Barcelona. none of my luggage arrived. I was a basket case!! Fortunately we arrive 2 days before the cruise. I called the travel insurance company and they did all the work for me. By that evening they had delivered 1 luggage and the day of embarkation I received all of my luggage.

the insurance company did all the work. All I did was call them right away.

May I ask, what insurance comp. did you use?