Anything positive to say about NCL?

Clancampbell

Mmm, such a shame this cropped up. In my initial post I suggested that I didn't want to see any negativity and we had been doing so well until this.

As the title of the thread clearly states, it is only positive comments on here please and the rest can keep their thoughts to themselves thanks very much.

It's a sunny day here on the south coast of the UK, life is good, I have a cruise to look forward to so happy, happy, happy please 😁

I've had many positive comments. I think it's silly to ask someone to not be able express themselves in an even manner. I didn't come to this thread to bash and tell everyone to cancel their cruise.

In fact my initial post was completely positive, my most negative post still contains positive elements. If me being honest and not just coming in here telling half truths makes me the bad guy then so be it. The person making it personal and insulting me is obviously in the right here.

At the end of the day I am with you, I have a vacation coming up, and its going to be great, but I cant pretend I'm not disappointed that something I was looking forward to is now an added expense.

Edited by BrandoMan13

Mmm, I can see a wee bit of negativity sneaking into the thread which is a shame as it had been going so well.

As the title of the thread clearly states it is only positive comments I want to see as I have seen plenty of the other stuff elsewhere to last me a lifetime.

It's a rare sunny and warm day here on the south coast of the UK, I have a Mediterranean cruise to look forward to, life is good so happy, happy, happy only here please 😁.

Anyone with anything bad to say can bite their tongue and keep their comments to themselves, thanks all the same.

Mmm, I can see a wee bit of negativity sneaking into the thread which is a shame as it had been going so well.

As the title of the thread clearly states it is only positive comments I want to see as I have seen plenty of the other stuff elsewhere to last me a lifetime.

It's a rare sunny and warm day here on the south coast of the UK, I have a Mediterranean cruise to look forward to, life is good so happy, happy, happy only here please .

Anyone with anything bad to say can bite their tongue and keep their comments to themselves, thanks all the same.

You can ask that certainly but this is an open forum and people will speak their mind. You can only control your own happiness and as long as you are happy does it really matter than everyone else isn't?

It's a rare sunny and warm day here on the south coast of the UK, I have a Mediterranean cruise to look forward to, life is good so happy, happy, happy only here please [emoji16].

Don't worry the NCL haters will still throw their 2 cents worth of negativity.

But deep down after all their petty little arguments and negative comments they still jump on board and give NCL their money to cruise.

Our last NCL cruise was on the POA, and we loved it.

We had not so nice neighbors and the upper management crew bent over backwards to take care of it.

We had the BEST butler and the best waiter in Le Bistro,in fact, I think of the complete fleet of NCL.

We enjoyed our cruise so much that I booked another one shortly after for March of 2017.

Your cruise is what YOU make of it. You can ALWAYS find every little detail to complain about, OR, you can look past that and say "Today, I am with my family, and there are a LOT of people who have no family to be with, so today, I am going to enjoy the day, and do JUST that.

Just to reiterate....

Newbie or fairly newbie Ncl cruisers will love Ncl

I on the other hand have cruised Ncl many times

Also cruised princess. Ccl. Dcl

I know and recognize the Ncl reductions in amenities

I know and recognize certain differences in cruise lines

For that reason I am fairly certain Ncl will not be my first choice after my certs are used...but they might be if pricing is right

I am also fairly certain my next Europe trip will be land based

But I am looking to try celebrity regardless of pricing....something I would never have said before the Ncl changes under fdr

But let's be clear here....I'm a seasoned cruiser....and know my choices and make the best choice for me and mine

A newbie will fall all over Ncl and love it because they are just that....newbies....not seasoned. Of course they will get a good experience nonetheless

Heck a newbie to cape cod could book a fishing motel on route 28 and think they are in heaven

I on the other hand am currently sitting on the deck of my beachfront timeshare that I paid a small fortune for....

Because I am not new to cape cod and recognize the difference in location. Lol

I have also sailed NCL, CCL, Princess, and DCL. I have future cruises on both NCL and CCL (cruises 15 and16). I don't have any issues with NCL's current policies and am looking forward to my cruise on NCL Escape. Especially after reading so many great reviews about them recently. I am a seasoned cruiser and I also know the amenities of NCL and what the other lines offer, and I do not agree with your assessment at all. But then I am not you and I have other likes and dislikes than you do. Please do not lump all seasoned cruisers as having the same opinions as you....because they do not. I am living proof of that.

But deep down after all their petty little arguments and negative comments they still jump on board and give NCL their money to cruise.

You can ALWAYS find every little detail to complain about, OR, you can look past that and say "Today, I am with my family, and there are a LOT of people who have no family to be with, so today, I am going to enjoy the day, and do JUST that.

Let's not overgeneralize here. I don't think most of the complainers are true haters. And for what we pay for a cruise, shouldn't we voice our dissatisfaction? You speak as if we won these things in a raffle. Please don't interpret those voicing frustrations with flat out hatred or negativity. It just isn't the case.

Edited by stickey_mouse

If they are still cruising with NCL then they can't be haters.

Just to reiterate....

Newbie or fairly newbie Ncl cruisers will love Ncl

I on the other hand have cruised Ncl many times

Also cruised princess. Ccl. Dcl

I know and recognize the Ncl reductions in amenities

I know and recognize certain differences in cruise lines

For that reason I am fairly certain Ncl will not be my first choice after my certs are used...but they might be if pricing is right

I am also fairly certain my next Europe trip will be land based

But I am looking to try celebrity regardless of pricing....something I would never have said before the Ncl changes under fdr

But let's be clear here....I'm a seasoned cruiser....and know my choices and make the best choice for me and mine

A newbie will fall all over Ncl and love it because they are just that....newbies....not seasoned. Of course they will get a good experience nonetheless

Heck a newbie to cape cod could book a fishing motel on route 28 and think they are in heaven

I on the other hand am currently sitting on the deck of my beachfront timeshare that I paid a small fortune for....

Because I am not new to cape cod and recognize the difference in location. Lol

That's a really naive and untrue statement. Go read the active review of the Escape by JW and Jerome, who are professionals in the hospitality and travel business. They said after 45 cruises it was the best ever. That's merely one example. You don't have to be a newbie to enjoy this line. How ludicrous.

I didn't even like NCL when I tried it as a newbie 6 years ago. It was awful. Now I think it's great. It's so much better than it used to be. We used to be DCL nuts, and doubt we'll go back.

Edited by LrgPizza

Still fairly new to cruising, only cruised 4 times but am booked next month on the Pearl. My first cruise was the Pearl with a group of Zumba peeps. We had a fabulous time in spite of the insane storm. (Only one person said cruising wasnt for her) The staff were accommodating and set us up in various areas so we could workout. The entertainment i thought was fantastic as were the various games. Loved the variety in dining venues, only eating in a specialty one once.My next cruise was HAL with 4 gals. They excelled in food quality, and cabin size but definitely geared to an older crowd. We had open dining so we generally sat on our own Then it was another Zumba cruise but on Celebrity. Totally different atmosphere . We had the assigned seating for first time, and loved the way the waiters new us and our likes by the second night. Definitely more refined if not a bit stuffy. Finally i went on a cruise with just my mom and sis on Princess. Nothing spectacular but not bad either. So that leads me back to the Pearl.. this time 6 of us and my first cruise with a balcony and UBP. Those are a plus for me even though they removed the waterslide, and wont allow soda and water, i will survive. NCL gave me a love of cruising, the Pearl my favorite ship thus far. What my point is, they all have their pros and cons. I am happy with someone else cooking and cleaning for me and treating me like royalty. Opinions are like A$$ holes ( everyone has one) and where some have reviewed and complained about food, crew ship etc on same cruise as i have gone, i felt quite the opposite.

That's a really naive and untrue statement. Go read the active review of the Escape by JW and Jerome, who are professionals in the hospitality and travel business. They said after 45 cruises it was the best ever. That's merely one example. You don't have to be a newbie to enjoy this line. How ludicrous.

I didn't even like NCL when I tried it as a newbie 6 years ago. It was awful. Now I think it's great. It's so much better than it used to be. We used to be DCL nuts, and doubt we'll go back.

So let me ask you what enhancements has NCL made recently that would make the Gem worth $1800 more than what I paid the last time I sailed on her? That's how much more it would cost me to sail on the Gem next June.

So let me ask you what enhancements has NCL made recently that would make the Gem worth $1800 more than what I paid the last time I sailed on her? That's how much more it would cost me to sail on the Gem next June.

The problem with a question like that is that it is specific to your situation.

I know you weren't asking me, but my response is that any increase in service that I see isn't worth an extra $1,800. However, I can stand some increase in price from the time I first went back on NCL as I think that it was good value for money. $1,800? Probably not that much, but it doesn't matter as I am currently getting prices which are about the same, and in some cases better, than that cruise so the value for money has probably increased a little for me.

Again, different circumstances for different people.

The problem with a question like that is that it is specific to your situation.

I know you weren't asking me, but my response is that any increase in service that I see isn't worth an extra $1,800. However, I can stand some increase in price from the time I first went back on NCL as I think that it was good value for money. $1,800? Probably not that much, but it doesn't matter as I am currently getting prices which are about the same, and in some cases better, than that cruise so the value for money has probably increased a little for me.

Again, different circumstances for different people.

I expect prices to go up over time so have no problem with that as a rule. And yes, every situation is different and if people can shop around they can still find some really good deals. But at the end of the day my situation remains- if I want to sail on the Gem in 6/2017 it will cost me $1800 more than it did in 2014 and $1600 more than a comparable cruise on CCL. I don't hate NCL by any means but I really haven't seen the type of innovations that would cause me to spend that much more. Some day they may be there but I haven't seen any yet (and I am open to other people chiming in and letting me know what has been improved).

I have absolutely no idea why you would ask me that question, when it's completely unrelated to my post that you quoted. I can't answer it. My cost for cruising on NCL has not noticeably increased. I'm sorry you are not having the same experience. But again, that has absolutely nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have absolutely no idea why you would ask me that question, when it's completely unrelated to my post that you quoted. I can't answer it. My cost for cruising on NCL has not noticeably increased. I'm sorry you are not having the same experience. But again, that has absolutely nothing to do with my post you quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You did say that you hated NCL when you first sailed and now think it's great and you continue to laud NCL so I thought I'd ask the question. If you don't have the answer perhaps someone else will. I apologize if I ruffled your feathers, that wasn't my intent.

Edited by sparks1093

I have been on NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, and Carnival.

I have never had a bad cruise. There are things I like better on some cruises. I select a cruise based on where I want to go and price.

Our cruise in January 2016 on NCL Jade was so wonderful that we booked a 10 day on NCL Jade for January 2017 and couldn't be more excited. Every employee we encountered was fantastic. They were more than helpful with any questions. We even had an issue with my ship card and they were polite and speedy to resolve, an officer even walked up to our room with us to make sure it worked - talk about going above and beyond for the little things.

My only negative is my cruise came to an end and I had to go back to reality. I wish they would just let me stay onboard forever!

We went on our very first cruise in 2013 on NCL Epic: it was amazing :D

Since then we have been on the Epic again, the Breakaway and the Spirit (as well as two non-NCL cruises) and we still think they are amazing :D

There will always be things you think could be better, or that you would prefer to be different, but the good/amazing/brilliant totally outweighs any annoyance. Yes they charge stupid money for Bingo (considering the prize values on the normal games) but you don't have to do it. All of the stuff about bringing in pop also is of no influence to us - we are Brits, we drink whatever they give us (as long as it isn't Rola Cola or Panda Pop!), and the quality of maple syrup/salad dressing/brand of tomato sauce is equally not important to us (probably also because we are Brits and don't get such choice/products at home) and we KNOW the tea bags are going to be vile (because they always are abroad) and if that's all people can find to really complain about then I think it must be pretty good :)

Have a lovely holiday but be warned: the bug is irreversible and once you start it's hard to stop :D

Re: Pricing

Our prices have actually gone down over the years (and we have been getting the drinks package thrown in) and the ppn has gone down over the last three years too.

The only exception with pricing seems to have been the West Med but I expect that is because demand is higher this year with a lot of people avoiding the East Med: not just "terrorist" fears, but things like Russian citizens being restricted on where they can travel at the moment.The same thing has happened with Hotel prices in Mainland Europe - prices are double what they were last year for late deals, and some places are completely sold out with no vacancies. The trip we did last year on NCL is the same price this year, and another we are looking at is over £300 each less than it was last year.

My DW are embarking on our first NCL cruise at the end of September and are very much looking forward to it.

I have to say though that there are so many negative comments on CC about the cruise line and it is starting to do my head in.

The negativity will have no bearing on our excitement and we intend to enjoy ourselves irrespective of drinks packages, Pepsi only, water price etc etc etc.

What I want to know is do people have anything good to say about NCL? It would make a refreshing change to see some positivity here for a change. Perhaps you can tell me your top things about NCL; I am sure it can't be that difficult.

All you cruisers with the weight of the world on your shoulders are not allowed to play 😁

Remember that CC does not mean cruise critic, it means complainer clearing house. Most people come here to complain and whine when they do not read the contract or the rules of a cruise and then they want to blame someone else.

NCL is a great cruise line. They have fantastic ships, amazing crews, really good food, a lot of on board shows, and other entertainment, and wonderful cabins.

american expression maybe?

It means people talk and talk and complain here on message boards but then when the experience actually happens people realize it's pretty nice to be on a big old boat in the carribean sipping fruity cocktails and being waited on and not being able to drink a coca cola for a few days really is not the end of the world.

also, the people cancelling their cruises over the inability to have a coke product for a week are the people who are never happy with anything anyway, so forget them and just go have fun.

+1,000,000

Re: Pricing

Our prices have actually gone down over the years (and we have been getting the drinks package thrown in) and the ppn has gone down over the last three years too.

The only exception with pricing seems to have been the West Med but I expect that is because demand is higher this year with a lot of people avoiding the East Med: not just "terrorist" fears, but things like Russian citizens being restricted on where they can travel at the moment.The same thing has happened with Hotel prices in Mainland Europe - prices are double what they were last year for late deals, and some places are completely sold out with no vacancies. The trip we did last year on NCL is the same price this year, and another we are looking at is over £300 each less than it was last year.

My prices have actually gone down as well, but I don't cruise at popular times of the year.

I the forums have folks having an issue with the raising prices of cruises on their lines. Here is a comment that I saw on the Carnival forum: Seems like carnival is always pinching pennies, cutting cost and trying to save money some where. But prices do not reflect as they continue to increase. Not only that, but the person had an issue that Carnival is cutting staff and giving Cabin Stewards more cabins, so cabins will only be serviced once a day, opposed to NCL doing it twice a day?