Anything positive to say about NCL?

Clancampbell

We usually cruise with RCCL or last 10 years with celebrity and last June went on Norwegian epic and we had a really great cruise. I guess it also depends on passengers but it was a great cruise and although it is advertised as freestyle and casual everyone really made an effort in the evenjngs to dress very smartly. Food was very good indeed, entertainment great and we enjoyed it so much we are booked again for this October. We were very impressed and hope oct will be just as good.

I agree and it will be as good.:)

Okay so I'm certainly no expert! I wish I could say I've cruised with NCL more than once but I haven't.

I cruised on the Epic in 2014 and looking forward to our NCL Adriatic & Greek island 14 day cruise on the Jade in September this year.

We were a party of 8 adults and 2 children on board the Epic to celebrate my 60th. To be truthful we had some minor problems which were all resolved by NCL quickly and to our satisfaction. certainly not bad enough to waste my time on negative comments about NCL. In fact the cruise, staff, facilities, food, cabin, itinerary and entertainment etc. etc were superb, 7 days was not long enough and NCL had the audacity to dock at Barcelona on day 7 and ask us to leave the ship because our holiday was over :(

The issue here is that there is a tendency in any organisation or business for clients to write reviews, moan, and grumble because they just like to be heard when things go wrong but not as many will write when all is well or when a service or product is good. It's a fact, more people will take the trouble to write when annoyed than when happy. Oh and then of course there are those that just have nothing better to do than moan for the sake of it. I appreciate even negative reviews can be helpful, but really! Pepsi versus coke, quality of Chardonnay, décor Etc.!! Really! GET A LIFE. Be Positive, you'll be happier.

By the way I've never posted a thing in my life before and won't be making a habit of it, but I do feel quite strongly about the negative and petty issues that some feel the need to report.

Good luck, if my opinions worth anything, you'll have a great time with NCL.

Okay so I'm certainly no expert! I wish I could say I've cruised with NCL more than once but I haven't.

I cruised on the Epic in 2014 and looking forward to our NCL Adriatic & Greek island 14 day cruise on the Jade in September this year.

We were a party of 8 adults and 2 children on board the Epic to celebrate my 60th. To be truthful we had some minor problems which were all resolved by NCL quickly and to our satisfaction. certainly not bad enough to waste my time on negative comments about NCL. In fact the cruise, staff, facilities, food, cabin, itinerary and entertainment etc. etc were superb, 7 days was not long enough and NCL had the audacity to dock at Barcelona on day 7 and ask us to leave the ship because our holiday was over :(

The issue here is that there is a tendency in any organisation or business for clients to write reviews, moan, and grumble because they just like to be heard when things go wrong but not as many will write when all is well or when a service or product is good. It's a fact, more people will take the trouble to write when annoyed than when happy. Oh and then of course there are those that just have nothing better to do than moan for the sake of it. I appreciate even negative reviews can be helpful, but really! Pepsi versus coke, quality of Chardonnay, décor Etc.!! Really! GET A LIFE. Be Positive, you'll be happier.

By the way I've never posted a thing in my life before and won't be making a habit of it, but I do feel quite strongly about the negative and petty issues that some feel the need to report.

Well said that man! 😃

Something +POSITIVE+ ?

From the movie Fiddle on the Roof -

When Topol asks of the rabbi if there is proper blessing for the Tzar -

the rabbi replies after a pause:

God bless the Tzar and keep him far from our village (or something of that sort) !

Thus +POSITIVELY+ God bless FDR and his management team and give him

guidance in the proper customer service to be expected without sudden

catastrophic rash decisions of killing the goose that gave us the golden egg !

Business was just fine until - well that would not be on a +POSITIVE+ note !

Well said. I think a lot of times some write negative letters and/or reviews, because they just want to be paid off or they want a company to changes things to the way they want it, thus they overly exaggerate their issues and this seems to be all to common with cruise lines.

I love to read review, both good and bad. I get a kick out of the ones where the reviewer will say they went around the ship and there was a paint chip here and a scratch here and dust here, because I wonder why instead of looking for minor things why they aren't just enjoying their cruise, but I guess there are different strokes for different folks!

I've never been on a cruise that has been perfect, as there are always some small issue, but I don't dwell on them, because I realize that I'm able to do something that so many people only dream about doing and I'm going to enjoy every darn minute of it. If others choose to just look at the negative, so be it, I'll just go on enjoying all my cruises.

Edited by NLH Arizona

It really is just letting the small things go and just enjoying yourself. I can't say I have had cruises with absolutely everything was amazing. I tend to also disregard the person who says everything was over the top fantastic. I have had meals I disliked, food not cooked well, rude passengers, bad excursions, etc etc. Though I haven't let most of them ruin my trip nor did I necessarily blame the cruise line.

Truly I understand when cooking food for a few thousand people not everything is going to come out super hot, or perfect every time. If something isn't up to my liking there is always food someplace else on the ship. What matters more to me was that I got good service, friendly staff and an attempt at quick service.

To date I would still say my absolute best cruise was on Disney, but I can't afford the Disney experience very often. Other cruises have been pretty darn close. In all I look for a good price and just to have a good time in general. I still find the lines to be more similar in experience than I do different.

It really is just letting the small things go and just enjoying yourself. I can't say I have had cruises with absolutely everything was amazing. I tend to also disregard the person who says everything was over the top fantastic. I have had meals I disliked, food not cooked well, rude passengers, bad excursions, etc etc. Though I haven't let most of them ruin my trip nor did I necessarily blame the cruise line.

Truly I understand when cooking food for a few thousand people not everything is going to come out super hot, or perfect every time. If something isn't up to my liking there is always food someplace else on the ship. What matters more to me was that I got good service, friendly staff and an attempt at quick service.

To date I would still say my absolute best cruise was on Disney, but I can't afford the Disney experience very often. Other cruises have been pretty darn close. In all I look for a good price and just to have a good time in general. I still find the lines to be more similar in experience than I do different.

Exactly, exactly, exactly all this! I've NEVER had a perfect cruise - not even close. I'd never expect one to be. But I've had a blast every cruise.

My favorite ever was Disney also, until I sailed Escape. Both times exceeded DCL, in my opinion.

Exactly, exactly, exactly all this! I've NEVER had a perfect cruise - not even close. I'd never expect one to be. But I've had a blast every cruise.

My favorite ever was Disney also, until I sailed Escape. Both times exceeded DCL, in my opinion.

I have to agree with both of you. I've never had a perfect cruise. But I've also enjoyed all of my cruises. DCL was also our favorite. Princess was our least favorite. CCL and NCL have been somewhere in between. I usually give the edge in NCL, DH to CCL. But we don't sweat the small stuff. Life is too short. I'll save my worries for the bigger issues in life.

To keep this on topic:

I have spotted a positive today. Shareholder OBC has become a better deal. NCLH's stock price is dropping so it is cheaper to buy NCLH stock at the moment (they do not pay any dividends at the moment though).

To keep this on topic:

I have spotted a positive today. Shareholder OBC has become a better deal. NCLH's stock price is dropping so it is cheaper to buy NCLH stock at the moment (they do not pay any dividends at the moment though).

I really hope I'm not the only one who sees the humor in this!!! Lol

Great post there Stevie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DW are embarking on our first NCL cruise at the end of September and are very much looking forward to it.

I have to say though that there are so many negative comments on CC about the cruise line and it is starting to do my head in.

The negativity will have no bearing on our excitement and we intend to enjoy ourselves irrespective of drinks packages, Pepsi only, water price etc etc etc.

What I want to know is do people have anything good to say about NCL? It would make a refreshing change to see some positivity here for a change. Perhaps you can tell me your top things about NCL; I am sure it can't be that difficult.

All you cruisers with the weight of the world on your shoulders are not allowed to play 😁

NCL is an amazing cruise line. The ships are beautiful, the crew top notch, and the food is great! Like anything anywhere though, if you go and look for reasons to complain, whine, and not have a good time then that is exactly what will happen! :eek:

I was so happy to find this post and read all the positive stuff! You guys have me thinking about booking another NCL cruise before I go on my next one! We have been on the Jewel in Alaska and I was going to have a torn meniscus repair as soon as we got home so I was not in the best shape on that cruise to have a proper experience. I have no complaints though. We have another one booked on the Jade in Nov. this year and I was starting to get a bit nervous. You all have certainly made me look forward to that now!

We have cruised 26 times, mostly Carnival, but if you read all the other mainstream boards they are all similar. A lot of people complaining about the cutbacks so it is industry wide. Our best cruises have been Disney, but they cutback too, and for what you pay for a Disney cruise one should expect perfection! I have been on some ships I did not prefer so won't go back. I have been on one I loved so much we did 2 back to backs in 2 months!

So I say to all, a cruise is what you make it! If they hand you lemons, make lemonade! Happy sailing to you all!

To keep this on topic:

LOL!!!! LOVE this post!! :p:D