What are your favorites?

TheTruth79

What are your favorite tips? For Norwegian? For cruising in general?

One of my tips...

packing a portable mug to keep coffee hot when I bring it out on the deck and also a large drink cup with a lid and a straw. I bring that everywhere!

Another tip, for the Pearl, head to the Spiniker lounge! It was so quiet and nice and cool there during the day. Beautiful views, comfy seating, and a full bar!

I like to get on-board and have my vacation immediately begin. I do that by limiting the carry-on luggage. I want to be able to explore and not have to drag around luggage. I like to have a nice relaxing lunch in the dining room. Maybe have a drink up on deck or at any other venue.

My goal is to not waste time waiting for the room to be available. I'm onboard and time to have fun.

What are your favorite tips? For Norwegian? For cruising in general?

One of my tips...

packing a portable mug to keep coffee hot when I bring it out on the deck and also a large drink cup with a lid and a straw. I bring that everywhere!

Another tip, for the Pearl, head to the Spiniker lounge! It was so quiet and nice and cool there during the day. Beautiful views, comfy seating, and a full bar!

In addition to the coffee mug, bring a travel size bottle, half full, to wash each day.

What do you do with dish detergent??? Do you wash dishes??? :confused:

If we wash delicates we use the shampoo or soap provided in the ship's cabin.

We use it to was the travel coffee mugs and large drink cups so "no germs" when refilling at buffet. I put a small amount in a travel bottle and in checked bags it should be fine for plane travel or carry on.

Edited by Honestlee314

Will you get it on board with the new rules? And how did you get it on the plane?

The exact same way people bring shampoo, lotion, or any number of things...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A couple of things have already been posted. I take pictures of my luggage and put my name and address inside all bags. This came in hand on one of my cruises where my luggage id tag came off, along with the cruise line luggage tag, but they must have looked inside, because my suitcase appeared without either.

I usually bring two suitcases (I'm an over packer) and I make sure I split clothing up between the two just in case one of them does not make it.

I would recommend if you want to eat at a certain time in one of the specialty restaurants, you make reservations ahead of time (suites 100 days prior to sailing and others 90 days prior to sailing), especially the Teppanyaki restaurant where seating is limited on some of the ships.

I would also recommend going down to guest services a few times during your cruise and ask for you bill. This way you can double check all the charges and if there are any issues, you can deal with them then instead of waiting till the morning of disembarkation.

A few things

Folder with all the paperwork, port plans emails about added benefits OBC etc

Cross pack suitcases never lost a bag but better sample than sorry.

Board ASAP then tour the ship, top to bottom fore to aft.

Then enjoy.

If the ship posts nightly menus early check them each day so I can make alternate plans if it doesn't take my fancy.

Sit on my balcony holding hands.

If you eat in the MDR, you don't have to have dessert in the same sitting. We would sit down to dinner around 6 (avoiding the early rush), then head to the theatre for the early show. Afterwards, we would go back for dessert. This gave us time to digest our dinner (we often ordered multiple apps and entrees) and the option to check out the late show if it was really good (OK, so we never did ended up doing that).

Water bottles with internal filters to make the ship water taste nicer are a good idea. Agree on the coffee flask- saw lots of people try and carry those tiny cups around the ship and spill them! We just wash it with lots of hot water and hand soap, no need to carry washing up liquid. I did find a magnet useful to pin todays daily to the cabin wall. We also took a small light which you stood on to activate, which was useful in a pitch black inside cabin if someone wanted to use the bathroom in the night.

I also have 'the folder'- one section with all our cruise docs and one for each day with port info, excursions and booked activities. Taking a photo of your luggage us a good idea that I'll do in the future.

So many great ideas! I will definitely be putting a copy of my itinerary in my suitcases from now on!

I usually keep my carry on luggage to just one back pack. It is easy to carry and keeps hands free. This way I can tour the ship before I go to my room and don't have to drag stuff around.

I have my third cruise coming up in December but I obsess over the message boards here and do so much research I feel like I've been cruising for years! There are so many great tips out there!

If you eat in the MDR, you don't have to have dessert in the same sitting. We would sit down to dinner around 6 (avoiding the early rush), then head to the theatre for the early show. Afterwards, we would go back for dessert. This gave us time to digest our dinner (we often ordered multiple apps and entrees) and the option to check out the late show if it was really good (OK, so we never did ended up doing that).

Love this idea! We always over indulge at dinner and then have to force ourselves to eat dessert (cause you con't skip dessert all together right?!)

So going back later in the evening is a great idea, why have I never thought of that? HAHA!

We also took a small light which you stood on to activate, which was useful in a pitch black inside cabin if someone wanted to use the bathroom in the night.

We usually bring a night light but this sounds pretty cool. Do you have a link?

I make copies of the pages for the dates we are traveling from my business appointment book. Each day has from 8 am until 10 pm, all listed by every 15 minutes. I write in everything we have pre-planned before we leave, then with a quick glance of the calendar for each day we can make other plans once we are on board, fill in any loyalty get togethers, specialty dinners, etc., each port day is marked also from arrival to departure time

• 1 year later...