Ben the Bendyman?

lennyfitz

I'm posting this in the NCL board even though I know Ben the Bendyman, aka Kylenyc, was very active on lots of boards.

Does anyone know if Ben & his writer are ok? My mom and I followed his reviews for years and then we got to cruise with them in December of 2013 on the Gem. We've noticed the lack of activity for a while on here & Ben's facebook & we've been worrying. I did a search on here & came up with nothing recent :(

Anyone know anything? Bendyman? Kyle? We miss you!

Didn't he recently do a review? I'm thinking in May -- Ben didn't make that cruise but the review was still really good.

Really? I don't remember that. Last FB review by Ben was over a year ago, and last posted here was related to the Escape back in Oct, that I could find anyway.

Just hoping they're ok. It was fun to cruise with them and I always looked forward to Ben & Kyle's posts!

Kyle's a great guy... this post kinda worried me at first, glad to hear that he's ok. :)

He is!

Hey we were on the Gem together in 2013! Were you involved in that roll call and all the activities? That's the cruise we met Ben & Kyle!

He is!

Hey we were on the Gem together in 2013! Were you involved in that roll call and all the activities? That's the cruise we met Ben & Kyle!

Yeah, that was a fun cruise. Met a lot of great people. I was still a newbie at cruising back then. I've been cruising a bit more since finishing grad school... platinum with NCL after my next cruise. :)

Remind me of who you were, may'be in the photo.

Yeah, that was a fun cruise. Met a lot of great people. I was still a newbie at cruising back then. I've been cruising a bit more since finishing grad school... platinum with NCL after my next cruise. :)

Remind me of who you were, may'be in the photo.

Which photo? If you went bowling with us & have the group picture from that, I was in the long purple dress, I won! I got a bottle of wine from Kyle/Ben for that! Not long after, Kyle (not Ben) sent out a FB message with some of our email addresses. That message is gone somehow, weird.

Which photo? If you went bowling with us & have the group picture from that, I was in the long purple dress, I won! I got a bottle of wine from Kyle/Ben for that! Not long after, Kyle (not Ben) sent out a FB message with some of our email addresses. That message is gone somehow, weird.

I think I remember you. My aunt was in last place and got the bottle of wine that you didn't drink. We finally opened it about a year ago.

I last saw Kyle on the Escape TA.

I don't know whether it applies to him, but one thing that really struck me from that cruise was how many people who used to be quite active on CC had given up with it.

Can't say I blame them, and I've noticed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't say I blame them, and I've noticed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess eventually that was going to happen. No one is going to post on CC forever.

I'm glad he's ok and hopefully still enjoying many cruises!

Seems some of us are missing some of the past great posters. I think we all gained valuable information from many of them. I'm thinking maybe many have gotten fed up with CC or even may not be as pleased with cruising in generally. Just my speculation.

Yes, CC has gone a bit by the wayside lately. I find I don't post as often myself. I get tired of reading the same old things that many of us complain about (because to be honest, we've all complained.) I get tired of the same "cheerleaders" (I've done my share of ra ra for NCL in the past.) And finally we all get tired of the same few snide remarks by a few (and yes many of us have been guilty of that)

Oh to get back to the "old" CC of a few years ago. It was fun, entertaining and very informative. It was my saving grace while fighting breast cancer a few years back. I had to cancel a couple cruises, but loved reading everyone's adventures and planning my cruising come back. I've come back strong and still love cruising, just not so in love with CC any more, but I'm still here and hoping for a good resurgence in amazing posters