Laynards??? Purchase pre-cruise or during cruise

lovesbeaches4

Hello all!

I have a question for all you cruisers that buy Laynards for your sail card. Do you purchase a laynard pre-cruise or do you purchase on on the cruise ship? My stepdaughter and I are making laynards for our cruise. I am curious if their is any interest on individuals purchasing homemade nautical Laynards on etsy or eBay. Thank you for your responses! 😄😄😄😄

I don't use a lanyard at all. I have a small purse, so I will have my lipstick, comb, tissues, etc...with me. It's a long walk back to the cabin! Hubby puts his card in his pocket. I don't wear my room key around my neck at a hotel...so I don't do that on a ship, either!

Hello all!

I have a question for all you cruisers that buy Laynards for your sail card. Do you purchase a laynard pre-cruise or do you purchase on on the cruise ship? My stepdaughter and I are making laynards for our cruise. I am curious if their is any interest on individuals purchasing homemade nautical Laynards on etsy or eBay. Thank you for your responses!

On the ship, the selection of lanyards is very limited. They'll either be ones with the cruise line's name on them, suitable for anyone, or the sparkly blingy ones for ladies. We've always bought ours pre-cruise. There are lanyards available on Amazon and several other web sites. You can also find them at most places that sell keys, such as Home Depot, Lowes and most hardware stores. If you're a fan of a particular sports team, you can find lanyards at several sporting goods stores. I bought lanyards for me and my family for our most recent cruise that were beach themed, with beach umbrellas, beach balls, flip-flops and cocktail glasses printed on them. They were from Big Dog Boutique dot com. The company also sells dog collars, leashes and key rings. Etsy and eBay are just two of many sources. I also have to wear a lanyard at work with my i.d. on it. Because of purchasing different ones for cruises, I have several to pick from to wear to work. ;)

I don't use a lanyard at all. I have a small purse, so I will have my lipstick, comb, tissues, etc...with me. It's a long walk back to the cabin! Hubby puts his card in his pocket. I don't wear my room key around my neck at a hotel...so I don't do that on a ship, either!

I usually don't walk around a hotel all day in my speedo, so the lanyard works for me.

I have yet to buy a lanyard, although I'm always attracted to the super sparkly ones, lol 😊. I wear one at work all day, so you'd think I wouldn't mind wearing one on a ship. But I just carry my card in my pocket. If I don't have pockets, I give it to the hubby or put it in my beach bag. Sometimes when I'm on my own, I just carry it. No biggie.

If you want a ship/line specific one obviously on the ship.

If you want other than a standard lanyard you will need to buy it before you go.

Mrs Gut has one with a sleeve that holds her card, daily, and coffee card. They don't sell those on the ship.

I bought a sparkly one for $10 onboard and then saw them for 99 cents at a local discount store at home. The sparkly ones with the rhinestones start to deteriorate and you find the "gems" here and there. We like to dance in the evening so where to put the card is a dilemma.