Check in for Harmony in barcelona

Total mess. They tell you to sit and wait for an attendant but the attendants just get mobbed by people following them around. No one sitting gets helped. My advice. Find an attendant in a blue sweater and follow them around until they check you in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Total mess. They tell you to sit and wait for an attendant but the attendants just get mobbed by people following them around. No one sitting gets helped. My advice. Find an attendant in a blue sweater and follow them around until they check you in.

Strange how experiences vary we thought it was a breeze :)

Thanks Bob.....

Haven't had to deal with "roving ipads" before. Hope they get it fixed before my TA.

Wish you guys were coming along......

SA

Thanks Shelton, hope we can do another TA again soon.

We were on Harmony in late June and check-in was really easy for us. As we walked into the terminal we were approached by an agent with an I-pad and were on board 5 minutes later. We are on Harmony again next Sunday, let's hope it is just as easy as we previously encountered. I know that we were asked in advance what time we wanted to check in and we were there within 10 minutes of our chosen time, around 1pm-1.30pm.

You can board from either Terminal B or C. Terminal C was almost empty when we boarded our July cruise.

Thanks for that great tip! ;)

Yes. Roving ipads. And you cant go to c if your checkin says b.

Mine says C. :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

I'm not sure why online check-in has never been an advantage for us. Despite doing all the process online, printing correctly SeaPass, etc., the check-in agents always have to do the process manually (credit cards, passports, health forms). Is it because we are not US citizens? That happened twice in FLL, once in Civitavecchia, and once in BCN; in both RCI and Celebrity.

Back in June for Harmony at BCN, it was faster, but the iPad girl couldn't retrieve our information in her iPad, so we had to do the line at the counter for data verification. I still don't understand.

Thanks for that great tip! ;)

Mine says C. :D

Merion Mom, when you've sailed on Quantum and Oasis class ships, have you uploaded your security photo in advance? My husband wears glasses all the time. Should he leave them on in his photo? (He seems to remember having to take his glasses off during a regular counter check-in.)

We were on Harmony in late June and check-in was really easy for us. As we walked into the terminal we were approached by an agent with an I-pad and were on board 5 minutes later. We are on Harmony again next Sunday, let's hope it is just as easy as we previously encountered. I know that we were asked in advance what time we wanted to check in and we were there within 10 minutes of our chosen time, around 1pm-1.30pm.

That was our experience but we got there around 11:30

Merion Mom, when you've sailed on Quantum and Oasis class ships, have you uploaded your security photo in advance? My husband wears glasses all the time. Should he leave them on in his photo? (He seems to remember having to take his glasses off during a regular counter check-in.)

Yes, I uploaded, with no difficulty whatsoever.

On my first Quantum trip, at the terminal the photo came onto the staff person's iPad upside down, so she had to take it again. But that only took a moment.

I think that he should wear his glasses if he ALWAYS wears his glasses.

I believe there is a guide that tells you how to take the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it depends on the reason. My DH is vision impaired and we always have to wait for security to decide thats its okey för him to wear his glasses on the picture (they are totally black). They always decide that its okey, because he is blind.

Not sure if it's okey for other reasons?

We didn´t have any problems at all last Sunday.

O.k. we did have a flight with RCI and check in was actually at the airport! We got out the baggage claim area, were greeted by an RCI rep, names hooked off on the transfer list, got a colored sticker, next was handing our luggage over to them (all within maybe 5 m). Then we were led to a waiting area another couple of meters away. No wait at all. We were guided through the airport to the check in counter (two folks with ipads) and we were first in line. Then we should sit down to wait for the bus. We actually didn´t even really sit down as we were immediately called to go to the bus. The bus made a stop at Terminal 2 and then hushed to the port. We got off at C and the whole check in area was empty. We were asked by several folks who wanted to check whether we got the green stamp on our SetSailPasses and just walked through.

We landed by noon, got our luggage at 12:30 pm, stepped on board at 1:40 pm.

steamboats