Delayed Boarding Majesty of the Seas August 22nd

Just got an email/ phone call about a delayed boarding for Majesty of the seas August 22nd cruise. Something about maintenance on the water system. It's only a 4 night cruise. They are asking not to board the ship until 5:30 pm as opposed to around 11 am. It's a huge inconvenience. I was going to take an Uber from Disney to the cruise but I guess now we have plenty of time to do other things like a movie or take the ride back to the airport and just take a shuttle to the ship.

But I feel like I'm losing money on all the extras I purshased wifi and drink packages and lunch. I also booked a suite if I can't use the ship I can't use the drink package. Had anyone heard of Royal Caribbean discounting something for the inconvenience? Any suggestions? How bad is the water system on the ship? Should I just take my flight back to Philadelphia with my sister and go to the Jersey Shore. Is the late boarding an opportunity to cancel the cruise for a full refund?

At least they have informed you well in advance and not when you are arriving at the port, but I still would be annoyed. I believe they typically have been giving out token OBCs in some recent similar situations; maybe $20 or so.

J... Is the late boarding an opportunity to cancel the cruise for a full refund?

Seriously doubt that late boarding would be grounds for a full refund. However, it would not surprise me if some small amount of OBC was offered.

To me 5:30 is a significant delay and would expect some discount. We just got off Majesty yesterday and I was surprised how much maintenance and repairs were being performed for a ship that's only a couple of months out of dry dock. I enjoyed the cruise but wasn't thrilled with it.

Been there done that last August on Majesty..I think we got 20 or 25 dollars OBC to cover lunch in town...I have to look back at my scrapbook on that to be sure. Boarded late and ours was just a 3 day cruise..smh:(

To me 5:30 is a significant delay and would expect some discount. We just got off Majesty yesterday and I was surprised how much maintenance and repairs were being performed for a ship that's only a couple of months out of dry dock. I enjoyed the cruise but wasn't thrilled with it.

I'll have to call in the morning. But yes that is a significant delay we have 6:00 dinner seating. Don't know how we are suppose to me on time for that when they're asking for us to arrive at 5:30. It's all a very big inconvenience

What lunch did you pre-purchase on the MJ??

I didn't pre purchase lunch but it's included in the price of boarding. The plan was Chef Mickey's for breakfast than head to the ship have drinks with my package sit by the pool and have lunch.

I'm also very annoyed. We'll be arriving the night before and staying at a MCO hotel. We will have to kill time all day. This is our 2nd cruise, and the 2nd time boarding has been delayed. On our first cruise it was chaos at the cruise terminal with everyone there.

I too was looking forward to a tasty lunch and enjoying our dinner. Now, it's going to be hurry up and wait. We also have 6:00 dining.

On the bright side, our rooms will be ready when we board - HA! :D

I didn't pre purchase lunch but it's included in the price of boarding.

Sorry,was just going off by what you said...

But I feel like I'm losing money on all the extras I purshased wifi and drink packages and lunch.

You can't cancel and get all you money back now..late boarding is not a viable excuse.It's in your contract,that they can postpone,if need be.

CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,

advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,

lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port

of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,

Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but

not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation,

advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation

It is basically half a day out of four days. To me that deserves a lot more than $20. I am not a complainer normally. I just had an excursion delayed an hour and a half on my Mariner cruise this weekend. They were fair in offering compensation without my saying anything. I enjoyed the cruise but there were several small things that were not up to what I have experienced before on RC. Never had turn down in cabin. Never had room service card offered. Cabin attendant never introduced himself at the beginning of the cruise. This wasn't a high dollar cruise so I put it all in perspective and still had a good time. It did occur to me many times of how I could write some scathing thread about several minor things but sometimes the cruise is what you make of it.

I would consider cancelling your drinks package and then repurchase it on board the next morning, depending of course on how much you can drink from 6:00pm on. If you do cancel 72 hours or more prior to sailing it will be refunded to the credit card that you used to purchase it. After the 72 hours you will receive Refundable OBC.

It is basically half a day out of four days. To me that deserves a lot more than $20. I am not a complainer normally. I just had an excursion delayed an hour and a half on my Mariner cruise this weekend. They were fair in offering compensation without my saying anything. I enjoyed the cruise but there were several small things that were not up to what I have experienced before on RC. Never had turn down in cabin. Never had room service card offered. Cabin attendant never introduced himself at the beginning of the cruise. This wasn't a high dollar cruise so I put it all in perspective and still had a good time. It did occur to me many times of how I could write some scathing thread about several minor things but sometimes the cruise is what you make of it.

I did not know that Mariner was doing weekend cruises. That's a long way to fly for such a short cruise! :eek:

;)

Sorry,was just going off by what you said...

You can't cancel and get all you money back now..late boarding is not a viable excuse.It's in your contract,that they can postpone,if need be.

CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,

advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,

lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port

of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,

Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but

not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation,

advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation

Sorry I was on my way to work or working when I write those. I'm a night nurse. I think I will cancel my drink package, especially if I'm only getting a $20 OBC.

Any ideas for options pre cruise. I was thinking matinee at Downtown Disney. Or maybe an Orlando beach near the port. Does anyone have any ideas? Something inexpensive with a nearby lunch and easy to catch an Uber. 😟 I'm not renting a car. Although it's more of an option now. I hate being in a strange city alone, just me and my daughter, with no place to go.

Sorry I was on my way to work or working when I write those. I'm a night nurse. I think I will cancel my drink package, especially if I'm only getting a $20 OBC.

Any ideas for options pre cruise. I was thinking matinee at Downtown Disney. Or maybe an Orlando beach near the port. Does anyone have any ideas? Something inexpensive with a nearby lunch and easy to catch an Uber. 😟 I'm not renting a car. Although it's more of an option now. I hate being in a strange city alone, just me and my daughter, with no place to go.

There is an outlet mall not far from Disney, in Lake Buena Vista.

I know you said you did not want a rental car , but it would probably be cheaper than taking Uber. That way you have the flexibility to go where you want and stop for lunch at your own pace. There are many rental agencies right near the port and they will have free shuttles to the ship.

We are on this cruise and I have not gotten a phone call or email about delayed boarding. I called Royal Caribbean customer service last night and they did not know anything about it and told me last boarding was at 3PM. I guess I'll call again today and watch for emails:confused:

Are you at a Disney resort? You could lay by the pool and enjoy the activities at your resort, or take the bus or monorail to another resort to explore it. It's easy to leave your luggage with Bell Services for the day. If it were me, I'd take the bus to Downtown Disney for breakfast and shopping (or after your Chef Mickey's breakfast), then head back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon. Pick up your bags from Bell Services and take your UBER as planned. In 2014 we got beautiful silhouettes of our boys made at Disney Springs that were not expensive.

We will be hanging out at our "Perfectly fine for one night" airport hotel all day :rolleyes:. There is a movie theater within walking distance. NOT the day I've been looking forward to, but we will make the best of it. I looked at changing our plans - maybe renting a car and going to the Space Center, but this vacation is already costing us a lot of money and I don't want to spend extra $$$.

I'm wondering how they will handle dinner and muster drill, though. I doubt we will be settled by our 6:00 dining time, and I'm NOT missing that! :D

We are on this cruise and I have not gotten a phone call or email about delayed boarding. I called Royal Caribbean customer service last night and they did not know anything about it and told me last boarding was at 3PM. I guess I'll call again today and watch for emails:confused:

This is very odd. I received an e-mail directly from RC, then got an e-mail late last night from our travel agent. It's strange that Customer Service didn't know about this! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just got an email/ phone call about a delayed boarding for Majesty of the seas August 22nd cruise. Something about maintenance on the water system. It's only a 4 night cruise. They are asking not to board the ship until 5:30 pm as opposed to around 11 am. It's a huge inconvenience. I was going to take an Uber from Disney to the cruise but I guess now we have plenty of time to do other things like a movie or take the ride back to the airport and just take a shuttle to the ship.

But I feel like I'm losing money on all the extras I purshased wifi and drink packages and lunch. I also booked a suite if I can't use the ship I can't use the drink package. Had anyone heard of Royal Caribbean discounting something for the inconvenience? Any suggestions? How bad is the water system on the ship? Should I just take my flight back to Philadelphia with my sister and go to the Jersey Shore. Is the late boarding an opportunity to cancel the cruise for a full refund?

I doubt you could cancel because of a late boarding and in truth you probably could board earlier than that. I bet if you showed up at 3 you'd probably get on. OTOH though, if there's significant issues with the water system, it's entirely possible you could be sitting there until late that evening. I'd still go if I were you. Rent a car and enjoy a day at the beach then hop on the ship and take the next 4 days to relax.

Edited by nbsjcruiser