Promo Swap without Price Increase

ireashmott

I know there are a few threads on the new promo, but I am a little unclear on something:

Has anyone who booked with the old promo (eg shore excursion credits) been able to switch to the new promo (eg paid gratuities) without having the cruise cost changed to reflect the current price?

Our cruise cost has gone up by a substantial amount and my PCC advising I can't swap promos without triggering a price adjustment. Just want to confirm he is correct.

I know there are a few threads on the new promo, but I am a little unclear on something:

Has anyone who booked with the old promo (eg shore excursion credits) been able to switch to the new promo (eg paid gratuities) without having the cruise cost changed to reflect the current price?

Our cruise cost has gone up by a substantial amount and my PCC advising I can't swap promos without triggering a price adjustment. Just want to confirm he is correct.

Yes, I was able to change the shore excursion credit to the pre-paid gratuities and the fare stayed the same.

That's the policy which was confirmed earlier today when I asked my PCC (a senior consultant). Essentially, it's a cancel/rebook situation. Not saying it couldn't/doesn't happen without following the policy although I've not experienced it.

Just as NLH Arizona was able to, so was one person able to on the same cruise, with the same room type as I have, for a trip +15 mos away. She wasn't cancelled and rebooked. It wouldn't hurt to try again as the poster following me suggested.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

It depends on if the price changed for your particular sailing, or if NCL will allow it for your particular sailing. NHL Arizona above got it, but it may not be able to do so your your booking...but just in case, call them again...

Per my PCC conversation this week and past experiences: If you are changing between two promos that were both offered when you booked e.g. internet to shore excursions from the past promo then it is not treated as a cancel and re-book so you would not be re-priced to current levels. If you booked earlier and now want the new gratuities promo that was not offered when you initially booked then they will re-price the cabin to current levels as it is treated as a cancel and re-book. I just went through this and my PCC had to go check current pricing then said it could be done for no extra cost. I did lose the extra latitude bonus points that I originally booked with as they are currently not offered on my cruise. Things get even more complicated if your cabin category has gone to GTY or sold out status.

Edited by Até

Things get even more complicated if your cabin category has gone to GTY or sold out status.

The other cruiser and I were in that "sold out" category. She was able to simply drop the shorex and add the free service charges. I understand this is not policy, but maybe it could happen for OP on another try. Unless, as I am, OP is content with the way it currently rolls.

Edited by Rhea98

Tried again with someone else, and they still won't let me. Maybe tomorrow?

I definitely will stay with my current booking if I can't do an easy swap. The new price is much higher and my cabin class is sold out.

Tried again with someone else, and they still won't let me. Maybe tomorrow?

I definitely will stay with my current booking if I can't do an easy swap. The new price is much higher and my cabin class is sold out.

As explained before you aren't swapping since it is two different sales. That's why they say no. If the price was the same, it still would be a cancel and rebook. You then might lose the cabin you have chosen. Some have said they have done it but who knows how the paperwork end works. My friend is also my travel agent. She fought to just have the promos changed on my last cruise. They warned her I would take a chance on losing my cabin by changing. I was lucky and didn't but another customer wasn't lucky.

It all depends on what price you booked at vs what the price is now. I booked when the base price was $200 less than what the base price is currently. That base price is the same as it was last week before the promo change. It would not be worth it for me to switch to the new promo now as the base price of the cruise itself would go up $200, wiping out the benefit of the prepaid DSC, plus I would lose either the UBP or the SDP but saving on their gratuities, but to me they are worth the price of the gratuities paid. If I had booked last week at the higher rate then might think about doing it as my base price would remain the same, I would gain the savings in the prepaid DSC, I would however have to give up one of the packages and save the gratuities on that.

As explained before you aren't swapping since it is two different sales. That's why they say no. If the price was the same, it still would be a cancel and rebook. You then might lose the cabin you have chosen. Some have said they have done it but who knows how the paperwork end works. My friend is also my travel agent. She fought to just have the promos changed on my last cruise. They warned her I would take a chance on losing my cabin by changing. I was lucky and didn't but another customer wasn't lucky.

Yah, I think you are right. It's a different sale and I don't want a cancel and rebook. Oh well, I wish just be happy with our great price and consider excursion options.

My category is sold out. So if I call how will they determine whether there is a price change or not? Ugh.

My PCC looked at the last price before sellout. Even though one cruiser (the one I reported) didn't have to rebook-she was emphatic that she would not risk losing her cabin, there's still a risk of losing your cabin when the category is sold out. In these forums, we always read about cruisers who are able to get some tweaks beyond policy. That's great (imo) for them, but I can't be upset when the policy is applied. Since those tweaks do happen, I see no harm in asking.

My PCC looked at the last price before sellout. Even though one cruiser (the one I reported) didn't have to rebook-she was emphatic that she would not risk losing her cabin, there's still a risk of losing your cabin when the category is sold out. In these forums, we always read about cruisers who are able to get some tweaks beyond policy. That's great (imo) for them, but I can't be upset when the policy is applied. Since those tweaks do happen, I see no harm in asking.

I called and asked. They said I can't swap without cancelling and rebooking. And being that it's a sold out category, they said they had no information on what the current price of it would be once it became available again for that instant before grabbing it to rebook again. UGH.