Foreign Nationals on Celebrity

Opie

I am an American citizen, and booked a couple of staterooms on an upcoming Caribbean sailing -- one for my spouse and I, and one for my spouse's foreign national relatives. I booked both staterooms with a US TA, and used my US credit card for both deposits (and will us it for full payment). There is no issue with that with Celebrity, right?

Edited by Opie

I am an American citizen, and booked a couple of staterooms on an upcoming Caribbean sailing -- one for my spouse and I, and one for my spouse's foreign national relatives. I booked both staterooms with a US TA, and used my US credit card for both deposits (and will us it for full payment). There is no issue with that with Celebrity, right?

Call Celebrity to find out.

Yes, only Celebrity can tell you if it's an issue for them.

Some things to consider -- did you put everyone down as being at the same address (or at least, all US addresses)?

Will anyone need a visa for any of the places you will be visiting? Some countries have different requirements for US citizens and citizens of other countries. Celebrity won't be of much help there -- you need to do your own investigating as to what each country will require of your relatives.

When I booked through our TA I used my address and credit card for both staterooms, although we also indicated the foreign nationality of the occupants during the booking.

As far as a Visa, all of the destinations (west caribbean) don't require visas for cruise visitors. They have US multiple entry visas.

Edited by Opie

I am a foreign national and have cruised many times on Celebrity even having used overseas TA's to make my bookings. Once the cruise fare is paid and that is confirmed by being able to complete on line checkin and our passports have the required visas no seems to care one way or another. I have never been made to feel any different to anyone else. Many foreigners have used USA TA's.

Did you advise your TA of this when you booked? If you did a good TA would have found out the answers to your concerns. If not call your TA and have them do the leg work. Calling Celebrity is an excellent option also.

Edited by davekathy

A few years ago I booked 4 cabins on a southern Caribbean cruise on the Summit for us and 5 of my British cousins. I booked it with a large online US TA. I paid everyone's deposit but each other family paid the rest of their fare. I did tell the TA that the others were Brits and it was no problem at all. We had no problems at all with anything. My cousins all even paid me back for the deposits :)