Swimming with the Dolphins Cozumel

Jmeyers

dd did Royal dolphin swim at Chakanaab a couple of years ago. Absolutely loved it. Park very nice as well. Booked direct with Dolphin Discovery and saved half off Royal price. Keep an eye out for sales.

If you book directly through Dolphin Discovery by August 31st there is a discount. It comes out cheaper. You have to pay for your taxi ride but it it not far from the port at all. We have looked into both. In the end we are going to Dolphin Discovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If your itinerary includes Roatan, I recommend the Anthony's Key dolphin experience. It is offered thru' the ship. And those dolphins are not caged, as they are at Cozumel. Much more dolphin-friendly than other dolphin excursions all over the Caribbean.

The problem is people just do not care - their fun is all that counts!

They worry about tipping the staff but then they go out and and torture these mammals:(

Don't you wonder why these dolphin places are only in the poorer part of the world and not where there are high animal-protection standards?

If your itinerary includes Roatan, I recommend the Anthony's Key dolphin experience. It is offered thru' the ship. And those dolphins are not caged, as they are at Cozumel. Much more dolphin-friendly than other dolphin excursions all over the Caribbean.

They are just as caged as in Cozumel - they swim 50 to 100 miles a day in nature they hunt and life freely - just because the cage is a little bigger does not mean the are happier!

But the main point on to oft that is:

They are not made to be touched!

They get fungus on their skin from the humans that touch them - every touch of a hand is a pain to their skin!:mad:

So when you swim with them - you are causing them pain - you are just too stupid to realize this - as they can not show it to you in a way that humans would understand!

Yes, we did that too!

Thank you. The RC site says that you can observe and not pay if you don't want to swim with the Dolphins. It shows 8:15 or 1:30 for our times. Thinking we will pay for the kids and just watch.

I have heard that the viewing area is really far from where the dolphins are and you can't really see anything. For that reason, we paid for all 5 of us to swim with them because I didn't want to miss out on seeing my kids. I got a REALLY good deal at Dolphin Discovery, paid only $416 for all 5 of us to the swim, it was cheaper than the encounter through Carnival.

I have heard that the viewing area is really far from where the dolphins are and you can't really see anything. For that reason, we paid for all 5 of us to swim with them because I didn't want to miss out on seeing my kids. I got a REALLY good deal at Dolphin Discovery, paid only $416 for all 5 of us to the swim, it was cheaper than the encounter through Carnival.

Yes - the viewing area was not good viewing. I would NOT want to be that far from my kids while they were in the water in a foreign country with wild animals and a language barrier....no judgement from me if you opt to do that (far to much judging when it comes to parenting!), just sharing my perspective!!

I should add that we booked chakanaub after our grand Cayman stop was cancelled. Our family of 4 enjoyed it - we also got to feed the manatees and enjoyed the rest of the time at the facility that day. (Pool, play areas, Mexican elders, and sea lion shows! Ole!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cel_cruise