Back to Back Cruise...Embarkation...Wine...

Mosaic

We have a back to back, TA trip with a Med add on called: "22-DAY PASSAGE TO SPAIN & MEDITERRANEAN." Does this second embarkation day allow another possibility of bringing aboard 1 more bottle of wine per person (without fees)?

Similarly, does this provide another opportunity to get additional discounts, such as internet deals, wine package, etc, that you can get on the first embarkation day?

No you can not bring on any more wine without paying the corkage fee.

No deals on wine packages -- you can buy them any time during your 22 days and the price will still be the same.

Internet -- really no deals anymore. Some ships have the various packages -- lasts all 22 days. And some ships now have an unlimited package at a certain price for the entire cruise.

I believe If you are on a true B2B cruise with two booking numbers then you can bring 1 -750ml bottle of wine per person over 21 staying in the same cabin with no charge. The wine however would have to be consumed in your state room to avoid the $18.00 corkage fee.

I believe If you are on a true B2B cruise with two booking numbers then you can bring 1 -750ml bottle of wine per person over 21 staying in the same cabin with no charge. The wine however would have to be consumed in your state room to avoid the $18.00 corkage fee.

I am hoping this will be the case as we have two booking numbers for our upcoming cruise. 26 day and then an add on 12 day.

How does gangway security know that you're on a "new" 2nd cruise?

Seem to remember that we had an "in transit" card or some thing like that. We didn't have to repeat all the lines.
That would indicate that you're not starting a separate 2nd cruise and entitled to bring a new fee-free bottle. Edited by catl331

I brought my check-in docs for the 2nd cruise with my "in-transit " card. I had no issues boarding with my no corkage bottle. I did bring aboard additional bottles and paid the corkage. 2 of these B2B were in FLand the other was out of Barceleno.

I had an interesting experience with RCCL a few years back. Did a B2B, did not change cabins, however the first Friday night my liquor from the duty free on board shops was delivered to my cabin. So we had liquor in our cabin for week 2!!

Sometimes that works, but with more folks doing B2B's the ships seem to be checking for that more often.

I am assuming we will be issued new key cards even thought we are in the same cabin. First booking and second booking have different perks attached to the booking. I would think they will present us with a final bill when first segment ends and start a new one under the new booking.

I had thought the same thing however they "rolled" the bill from the 1st cruise into the second cruise. We did receive a final bill on the 1st cruise to ensure everything was correct before they combined them.

I can't remember having to get a new room key. I think we used the same ones.

Edited by freestyling

You should receive new ID/key cards for the second cruise.

I am assuming we will be issued new key cards even thought we are in the same cabin. First booking and second booking have different perks attached to the booking.

Don't be so sure about that.

My last cruise was a series of 4 cruises, all in the same cabin. Cruises #2 and #3 were a Collector's Cruise, with the first and last back to back with them. I had three separate booking numbers, with different On Board Credits for each one.

My cruise card had my boarding and disembarkation dates listed as the full length of the cruise; there was no new card issued at any point in the cruise. I did get three separate CCL stockholder credits, but I did not get 8, or even 6, free dinners in the Pinnacle (5* perq).

Don't be so sure about that.

My last cruise was a series of 4 cruises, all in the same cabin. Cruises #2 and #3 were a Collector's Cruise, with the first and last back to back with them. I had three separate booking numbers, with different On Board Credits for each one.

My cruise card had my boarding and disembarkation dates listed as the full length of the cruise; there was no new card issued at any point in the cruise. I did get three separate CCL stockholder credits, but I did not get 8, or even 6, free dinners in the Pinnacle (5* perq).

same thing with some of our roll call members that wereon B2B's too RuthC.

Their cards were good for the entire cruise and they were given in transit passes just like those of us on the Collectors.

Just read in International Travel News that NCL was restricting bringing on board all bottled beverages, including water, except for one bottle of wine which apparently will be held for the passenger until their final disembarkation.

Their reason stated was it took too long to inspect all the bottles brought on board. With the size of their ships and the ship is the destination type travelers, I can appreciate what a task this would have been times 4,000.

Hadn't thought about that security aspect of unknown "liquids" being part of these new personal beverage supply cruise ship policies. Just like the airlines.