Voom pricing confusion

I am going to purchase the 30% discounted pre-cruise package BUT I'm not clear which package I need to get. I want unlimited for myself and my husband. We will both be using our own phones or ipads - sometimes simultaneously. So is it the Voom Surf voyage - 1 device at 9.09 adult per day (i assume that means per person) and then select both of us as guests? If so, then what is the Voom surf package -2 devices at 16.79 adult per day?

I am going to purchase the 30% discounted pre-cruise package BUT I'm not clear which package I need to get. I want unlimited for myself and my husband. We will both be using our own phones or ipads - sometimes simultaneously. So is it the Voom Surf voyage - 1 device at 9.09 adult per day (i assume that means per person) and then select both of us as guests? If so, then what is the Voom surf package -2 devices at 16.79 adult per day?

It's less expensive to get one 2-device package and share it. With this, you can use any number of different devices, but only two can be logged in simultaneously.

Edited by clarea

So is it the Voom Surf voyage - 1 device at 9.09 adult per day (i assume that means per person) and then select both of us as guests? If so, then what is the Voom surf package -2 devices at 16.79 adult per day?

If you choose two one device packages it will be 18.08/day - if you choose a two device package it will be 16.79/day. Functionally you get the same thing but obviously choose the latter option to save money and a separate login (you'd have to set up two logins with the former but only one with the latter).

How much does it cost the voom package for one devise per day if you buy onboard? I am diamond member and receive US 30 off of an internet package. Shall I wait to buy it onboard? Now there is apparently a 30 % discount if bought before boarding.

Edited by travelberlin

How much does it cost the voom package for one devise per day if you buy onboard? I am diamond member and receive US 30 off of an internet package. Shall I wait to buy it onboard? Now there is apparently a 30 % discount if bought before boarding.

Even with your D discounts it is cheaper to buy ahead of time with the 30% savings.

Well that's sort of what I figured -- one 2-devise package...but it's the wording that is confusing. To me, "16.79 adult per day" means 16.79 per person per day. Go figure.

I suspect that they want to sound like every adult needs to purchase their own package.

• 4 weeks later...

So if I'm understanding the pricing, if my husband and I both want to use our phones with the surf package - at the same time (i.e., also able to text each other if in different areas on the ship) - I can purchase just ONE Voom Surf Voyage Package - two devices - at $16.79/day?

So even though I purchase it for just one of us (me) - I'll get two logins and we can each use our phones at the same time?

So if I'm understanding the pricing, if my husband and I both want to use our phones with the surf package - at the same time (i.e., also able to text each other if in different areas on the ship) - I can purchase just ONE Voom Surf Voyage Package - two devices - at $16.79/day?

So even though I purchase it for just one of us (me) - I'll get two logins and we can each use our phones at the same time?

Correct

You will get one logon, but that one logon will be able to be used on two devices simultaneously.

You will get one logon, but that one logon will be able to be used on two devices simultaneously.

Thanks! It will definitely make sense to purchase for 1 person with 2 devices.

Why would anyone want to purchase for 2 people - 1 device each - when it costs more?

Thanks! It will definitely make sense to purchase for 1 person with 2 devices.

Why would anyone want to purchase for 2 people - 1 device each - when it costs more?

I agree, as long as you don't mind sharing the same login.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for advice. Sailing on Anthem (12 days) in Nov as Diamond+. We plan to get Voom Surf for two devices. Is it cheaper to get it in advance with the discount or wait until we board and get our Diamond+ discount? Can we purchase in advance and then get our D+ discount applied and get credit on board (wishful thinking)?

Looking for advice. Sailing on Anthem (12 days) in Nov as Diamond+. We plan to get Voom Surf for two devices. Is it cheaper to get it in advance with the discount or wait until we board and get our Diamond+ discount? Can we purchase in advance and then get our D+ discount applied and get credit on board (wishful thinking)?

You cannot purchase in advance and also get your D+ credit.

Cost onboard will be $22 per day for two-device surf. D+ Discount will be $40-$60.

If you need a two device package for the entire cruise, you are better off buying ahead. If you can live with only one device package (which you can share with more than one device) or you buy after day 4 (for the rest of the cruise) you are better off buying on board and use the D+ discount.

If you need a two device package for the entire cruise, you are better off buying ahead. If you can live with only one device package (which you can share with more than one device) or you buy after day 4 (for the rest of the cruise) you are better off buying on board and use the D+ discount.
The last 2 RCI ships I was on after a day or two they discounted the "for the rest of the cruise" 20%. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I have a similar question.

If I buy in advance my discount would be 30%.

As I am going on a 8 night sailing and with my D+ discount amounting to 2 days free, would not my effective rate be a 25% discount for that sailing?

I have a similar question.

If I buy in advance my discount would be 30%.

As I am going on a 8 night sailing and with my D+ discount amounting to 2 days free, would not my effective rate be a 25% discount for that sailing?

Assuming you are going with another D+ member, you'd get even more than that. Buy two days with the first coupon, then buy the rest of the cruise with the other coupon. For a SURF one device package, you are getting over 50% off with this method.

The last 2 RCI ships I was on after a day or two they discounted the "for the rest of the cruise" 20%.

For some time now, virtually all ships have had the "rest of the cruise" WiFi packages.The package price decreases daily by the daily amount. So for a Surf one device package, if you buy it on day 3 of the cruise, you'd pay 4 (days left) x 12.99. I think at the end there may be a two day min - you can't buy it on the last day for 12.99.