What is the appeal or value of Johnny Rockets cover charge?

Well even here in the UK we now have Five Guys, one within 3.5 miles of my home, and after my experience there at the equivalent cost of $33 for 2 cheeseburgers and fries, I'd rather pay $13.90 for that and more and onion rings at Johnny Rockets onboard, just my opinion as food quality is subjective. And again, that's my benefit, that and they are far superior than the rubbish passed off as a burger in the WJ.

How anyone can say they are on par in quality with those served in the WJ is deluded. There is no comparison. The WJ burgers are a thin piece of goodness knows what, at least I can recognise ground beef in JR's burgers. I've never seen a burger in the WJ look anything like the one from JR's as shown in post 69 of this thread.

Agreed. Delusional indeed. Much better than WJ. "Where can you get a burger that wasn't frozen?" Or whatever was said... I'd prolly say the same place that everything else on the ship that's never been frozen comes from. Pretty sure the piles of fresh fruit and veggies or my steak from chops are other examples of non frozen goods. Silly comment for sure.

Different strokes for different folks. I love the fries at Five Guys and would choose it any day over a JR. I can get the bartender to make a shake for me. We have a JR about 5 minutes from my house. I never go to it. Not impressed and I'm certainly not paying $7 to go on a ship.

You know I really don't see what all the bitchin and moaning is about its not like anyone holds a gun to your head and makes you go and BUY their hamburgers ......

I was on last week's sailing. Three friends and I had been drinking in one of the bars. We left because we all had to use the bathroom - really bad. Fortunately one of the public restrooms was near by. We had a little trouble with the door, but we were able to get in. No sooner were we done with our business when four security guards dressed like police officer stopped us as we were getting into the golf cart that would take us to our cabins. One of them pointed a gun at my head and forced us to go to Johnny Rockets and buy a hamburger.

That shook me up pretty good. So at the next port stop I got off and didn't get back on. My friends stayed on the ship and I understand that they were not allowed to disembark. Fortunately they were eventually released and they are home now. I didn't want to say anything sooner because I was concerned for their safety.

So yes, they sometimes do hold a gun to your head and make you buy their hamburgers. :eek:

Edited by Cuizer2

I was on last week's sailing. Three friends and I had been drinking in one of the bars. We left because we all had to use the bathroom - really bad. Fortunately one of the public restrooms was near by. We had a little trouble with the door, but we were able to get in. No sooner were we done with our business when four security guards dressed like police officer stopped us as we were getting into the golf cart that would take us to our cabins. One of them pointed a gun at my head and forced us to go to Johnny Rockets and buy a hamburger.

That shook me up pretty good. So at the next port stop I got off and didn't get back on. My friends stayed on the ship and I understand that they were not allowed to disembark. Fortunately they were eventually released and they are home now. I didn't want to say anything sooner because I was concerned for their safety.

So yes, they sometimes do hold a gun to your head and make you buy their hamburgers. :eek:

I understood this reference

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

For goodness sakes people, it's no more than one cocktail, or one hand of black jack, one photo, or one of those $10 shirts people fight over on the sale day.

It's comfortable, people wait on you, you get a show, it's fairly quick and the onion rings are awesomeness.

A peaceful respite from the WJ.

Johnny_Rockets_logo.png

Oasis17-300x225.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

For me, it isn't about the money. It's about the 'value' for the money. Simply put, the burger even with a 'show' has no value for us. Now... if it were Whataburger, it'd be a go, even w/o the show. ;)

For goodness sakes people, it's no more than one cocktail, or one hand of black jack, one photo, or one of those $10 shirts people fight over on the sale day.

It's comfortable, people wait on you, you get a show, it's fairly quick and the onion rings are awesomeness.

A peaceful respite from the WJ.

Johnny_Rockets_logo.png

Oasis17-300x225.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

Agree. Well worth the $13.90.

Random thoughts:

Are the burgers better? No, but neither are they worse -- they're really on par with the Windjammer in terms of quality. Neither burger is "gray", and neither is really fresh -- you're on a ship; where would they get a burger that hadn't been frozen? What IS different is the venue, which is a change of pace, which is nice since the buffet can become dull after a week.

Is it worthwhile? From a purely financial standpoint, no. Given that you can have a similar burger without additional charge, it's not a good value. If you see it as "entertainment" and a change of pace, then that's an individual opinion.

Come on really?????? if you have truly had both burgers then you should know that the WJ burger is a thin pre formed frozen burger patty taken out of a package as is and cooked and then placed under the heating lamps on the serving line. JR's burgers are freshly made to order "thick" formed patty's nice and juicy which you can tell them how you actually want it cooked. I have sat at the counter on occasions and watch them make my burger from beginning to end and this is far far different than the WJ burgers and in no way similar! Come on people if you make a statement keep real! :cool:

Edited by bigque

Come on really?????? if you have truly had both burgers then you should know that the WJ burger is a thin pre formed frozen burger patty taken out of a package as is and cooked and then placed under the heating lamps on the serving line. JR's burgers are freshly made to order "thick" formed patty's nice and juicy which you can tell them how you actually want it cooked. I have sat at the counter on occasions and watch them make my burger from beginning to end and this is far far different than the WJ burgers and in no way similar! Come on people if you make a statement keep real! :cool:

I may do a comparison next week on Freedom.

I love burgers so I plan on trying it. The cover charge is pretty much what you pay for a Big Mac Meal with a milkshake and significantly cheaper than the local five guys takeout meal. Half the price of a burger, fries and a diet coke in the sit down family restaurant I go to frequently! Seems worth a try for a lunch on a sea day to me.

I love burgers so I plan on trying it. The cover charge is pretty much what you pay for a Big Mac Meal with a milkshake and significantly cheaper than the local five guys takeout meal. Half the price of a burger, fries and a diet coke in the sit down family restaurant I go to frequently! Seems worth a try for a lunch on a sea day to me.

Shake is extra. :(

I think the soda was included with last price hike.

That kind of stuff don't bother me cause I'm not out eating that like that all the time. But when I do on those occasions want to go out for a burger, I want to enjoy a nice big, thick, juicy, greasy, bacon cheeseburger with all the fixins! I don't go out for a health conscious burger! :cool:

Edited by bigque

Included. Not free.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That was already my point, but thanks for reinforcing it.

Nope no solution for you! I don't look at the technicality of all of that or if I already paid for the free food on the cruise so that makes my price at JR's more than $6.95. As I said in my earlier post, we like it we go for lunch once per cruise and the $6.95 is not a big deal. We don't care if we are missing out on one of our "Free provided meals"! :cool:

Where is the facepalm emoticon?

Come on really?????? if you have truly had both burgers then you should know that the WJ burger is a thin pre formed frozen burger patty taken out of a package as is and cooked and then placed under the heating lamps on the serving line. JR's burgers are freshly made to order "thick" formed patty's nice and juicy which you can tell them how you actually want it cooked. I have sat at the counter on occasions and watch them make my burger from beginning to end and this is far far different than the WJ burgers and in no way similar! Come on people if you make a statement keep real? :cool:

You might hospitalize yourself with these types of outbursts. Relax. And no one needs bold, purple text. This ain't Barney & Friends.

Some people just see hamburgers as hamburgers. Maybe that person is one of those people.

I know people that will just about fight to the death over specific brands of mayo. It's just a condiment and a pretty crappy condiment at that. As long as it's not by the bananas, who really cares?