Freedom and Empress change itinerary

I'm onboard now. Yes, current voyage. People are taking it in stride, although there was an enormous line until lunch time with people trying to book new excursions at the excursion desk. (I bet some of the people who were in line for a long time aren't too thrilled.) There's also a little concern about whether we'll be heading into bad weather on our way back to Port Canaveral.

I work at Cruisport in Cozumel and we were just told that we would receive the Freedom on Thursday and the Empress on Saturday .

Thank you for this post. I will be on the Empress leaving Thursday, and have been watching the weather. I thought there was a good chance this might happen. Now to plan what we will do there.

Thank you for this post. I will be on the Empress leaving Thursday, and have been watching the weather. I thought there was a good chance this might happen. Now to plan what we will do there.

DH and I will be sailing with you on Empress on Thursday. I will miss not going to Coco Cay and Key West (I was looking forward to chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick), but we will have a great time, regardless of where we go.

We will find a beach in Cozumel to enjoy.....that is all I can say.

Just so you know people embarking on our cruise are meeting at 2pm at the Pool Bar. Join us.

I called Royal about an hour ago and they said they didn't have any information to confirm this change for the Empress. I was really hoping they would so I could book an excursion in Cozumel before heading to the ship on Thursday. We were thinking this would happen, too.

DH and I will be sailing with you on Empress on Thursday. I will miss not going to Coco Cay and Key West (I was looking forward to chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick), but we will have a great time, regardless of where we go.

We will find a beach in Cozumel to enjoy.....that is all I can say.

Just so you know people embarking on our cruise are meeting at 2pm at the Pool Bar. Join us.

I have not been to Coco Cay previously, and we were looking forward to Key West; but anything will be great. We will try to meet you at 2pm.

I called Royal about an hour ago and they said they didn't have any information to confirm this change for the Empress. I was really hoping they would so I could book an excursion in Cozumel before heading to the ship on Thursday. We were thinking this would happen, too.

All I can say is when you board the ship on Thursday head to the excursion desk and see what they know and have available.

We also are on the same sailing and we are holding an informal Meet N Mingle on Embarkation Day at the Pool Bar at 2pm. Hopefully you will join us!

Maybe I will try to give them a call tomorrow to see; if I can get a different answer. Of course sometimes the reps are the last to know anything. Maybe have a list of a few excursions, and try to get something booked as soon as you are on board. Hopefully the compass you can pickup as soon as you board will confirm the change. I have friends that are on the Freedom right now, and they let me know last night that they were changing stops.

I have not been to Coco Cay previously, and we were looking forward to Key West; but anything will be great. We will try to meet you at 2pm.

We will get to the ship early, between 10:30 and 11am. I will be wearing what you see in my picture. We will be walking around, doing lunch in WJ around noon. I am sure we will bump into each other....we are only cruisin with about 1600 of our close friends. Small family of fellow cruisers.

I spoke with the Crown & Anchor Diamond+ desk, and they have changes for Oasis and Allure only. Nothing is posted for a change with the Empress sailing tomorrow. Also, they said RCCL would email every passenger if there is a change to their itinerary. I guess we're in a wait-and-see...

I work at Cruisport in Cozumel and we were just told that we would receive the Freedom on Thursday and the Empress on Saturday .

Since RCCL refuses to confirm, are you sure the information you have is for Empress this Saturday, August, 27th?

Saw FR leave on Marinetraffic.com and it looks like the ship will have 2 days to get ahead of the storm, which now looks like it will be south of Port C. on Sunday. Either south Florida or the Fl. straits. Regular Western itineraries leave Cozumel around 5 PM on Friday to make it back to Port C.

Saw FR leave on Marinetraffic.com and it looks like the ship will have 2 days to get ahead of the storm, which now looks like it will be south of Port C. on Sunday. Either south Florida or the Fl. straits. Regular Western itineraries leave Cozumel around 5 PM on Friday to make it back to Port C.

With an extra day could they go east around Cuba then head north far from the FL coast and approach PC from the northeast

With an extra day could they go east around Cuba then head north far from the FL coast and approach PC from the northeast
That's what I was thinking. They could have a leisurely Saturday in nice weather. They are sailing at 19-20 knots so it seems that they could do this. We have friends on the ship.

The models tonight have it going into the Gulf of Mexico. http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/xweb%20weather/hurricane%20model%20plots

Edited by SherriZ366

I have the free version, it still says she is in Mexico :(