What ended up happening with the "one service a day" issue?

AdoraBelle

I can speak for the Sunshine since I just got off her this morning. We received complete service twice a day EVERY day. Never was given a card to fill out, nor was I asked to choose.

Hey Jeff, another stellar review in the works?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can speak for the Sunshine since I just got off her this morning. We received complete service twice a day EVERY day. Never was given a card to fill out, nor was I asked to choose.

OK I'll speak for the Magic since we just got of her this morning also. Our (excellent) steward Roberto met us early last Saturday and told us that he would service our cabins both morning and evening. No card to fill out and no questions asked. He actually told us the approximate times he would be there, and he was "spot on". Of course if we hung the sign on the door he would honor that also.

Just got off the Miracle to Mexico this morning.

I was pretty shocked when my husband told me the first afternoon that he was asked by our steward if we wanted morning or evening service. I thought maybe he'd return in the evening for a lighter pas/ice fill, etc, but no. Once a day service.

This was our ninth annual cruise and I've never heard if this before, actually feel a little shorted.

It puts the guest in the awkward position of asking for "extra", feeling like you're imposing on the stateroom attendant or being needy or burdensome if you were to ask for the level of service you've seen on ever other cruise.

Quite off putting on Carnival's part I think.

You felt shorted by once a day service? Ok, first world problems...

If you want to cruise in the third world there are options available to you. For those of us living in the first world, there is nothing wrong with expecting service at longstanding industry standards. It's no different than if they decided to make all 7 day cruises 6 day cruises and charge the same rate. If you were on the receiving end of that I doubt you would be so condescending in your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nealstuber

Just got off the Miracle to Mexico this morning.

I was pretty shocked when my husband told me the first afternoon that he was asked by our steward if we wanted morning or evening service. I thought maybe he'd return in the evening for a lighter pas/ice fill, etc, but no. Once a day service.

This was our ninth annual cruise and I've never heard if this before, actually feel a little shorted.

It puts the guest in the awkward position of asking for "extra", feeling like you're imposing on the stateroom attendant or being needy or burdensome if you were to ask for the level of service you've seen on ever other cruise.

Quite off putting on Carnival's part I think.

What bugs me about this new "policy" is the tips have recently been raised and then they do this. :mad:

On our 5 day cruise out of Charleston, the room steward introduced himself the first afternoon. He had a printed paper in his hand that had various things on it. He asked if we wanted the room done in the morning or in the evening. We chose morning. Then he asked if we wanted robes. There were no robes in the closet. We said no thank you. Then he asked if we need more pillows, blankets, ice, or towels. Again we said we were fine.

The towel animals were on our bed in the morning after our room was cleaned.

The fun times was placed on the bed in the evening for the next day. No room service was done and we did not expect any since we chose morning service.

We turned platinum this cruise and enjoyed the little perks that came with it. The change of service or services does not influence how we enjoy cruising.

What is your point? Do you feel clever by saying that?

Given this is a message board about cruise vacations every problem would be a "first world" problem.

Great response!

When I sailed, late last Spring, the policy had not rolled out but friends have cruised and most of them were never asked and had service twice a day. The ones that were asked elected service twice a day and it was fine. Not all ships have rolled it out but it is gradually going fleetwide.

For my October cruise I think I will go with only evening service but I do want ice each morning. We'll see how that goes.

Take care,

Mike

Great response!

When I sailed, late last Spring, the policy had not rolled out but friends have cruised and most of them were never asked and had service twice a day. The ones that were asked elected service twice a day and it was fine. Not all ships have rolled it out but it is gradually going fleetwide.

For my October cruise I think I will go with only evening service but I do want ice each morning. We'll see how that goes.

Take care,

Mike

There is no policy.

For the record, this was my recent experience with this issue.

Just off the Splendor. I had FttF, and on boarding day was greeted by my room steward in the hallway, and he told me my room was ready. He said he is very busy right now, but would be by later to see if everything ok. I said no worries, everything looks fine.

I did not see him again that day, but did get fun times in the mail box in the evening.

From that time on, he did the room in the morning. including towel animal. Fun Times were always in my mail slot in the evening.

I was ok with this since I am travelling alone and don't need twice a day service, but he never did say that there would be only once a day, nor offer a choice of morning or evening. Things just happened the way they did, and given a choice I probably would have taken morning anyway.

It was not really an annoyance except that talking to others on board, most say they were offered a choice, and some say they got twice a day, and were never asked about it.

So inconsistencies exist even on the same ship, and inconsistency does somewhat annoy me.