Vancouver hotels

Hi! Booked on the Radiance of the Seas for 05/17/2017 cruise to Alaska. Will arrive in Vancouver the night before embarkation. Any suggestions for a hotel would be appreciated. Wondering if staying at the airport makes more sense since we will be arriving in BC after 10pm. Ideas?

Linda T

The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Airport is my hotel of choice whenever I have to go to that city (business and pleasure). Great hotel, great rooms, great location and the restaurants are top shelf --- and if you enjoy Plane Spotting, the location is a great location to view some of the heavy jets from the Pacific.

I highly recommend that hotel if you'll be there for the cruise anyway.

Michael

Edited by MikeNJ1109

Hi! Booked on the Radiance of the Seas for 05/17/2017 cruise to Alaska. Will arrive in Vancouver the night before embarkation. Any suggestions for a hotel would be appreciated. Wondering if staying at the airport makes more sense since we will be arriving in BC after 10pm. Ideas?

Linda T

Sue & I are booked on that cruise too.

Visit the Cruise Critic Roll Call at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2220492

We have stayed at the Bestwestern's located downtown, then a short cab to the pier. This cruise we decided to splurge and we are staying at the Pan Pacific Vancouver (right above Canada Place) they deliver your luggage to the ship and all you need to do is take the elevator down to check-in.

Dennis & Sue

OP: welcome to Cruise Critic.

As clarea (Bob) posted, check out the west coast departure page(s); it is sometimes easier to search for info rather than post a new thread on those pages.

Also, if you haven't already -- check out your roll call page. Sign up for the meet and mingle. Reading your roll call and posting to it you may find where others are staying.

Since you are arriving late (10pm) the day before, the airport might be an idea - just keep in mind the morning traffic from the airport to the pier can be a delay.

Dowtown the rates are going to be fairly high - I checked the Fairmont's rate at the airport it hits $400+ right now. The former Delta Airport is now the Pacific Gateway Hotel with rates starting at approx $200Cdn. My hotel of choice for downtown is the Coast Coal Harbour.

Have fun planning!

DH & I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver and loved it. We were not going on a cruise, but walked down to Canada Place to see the cruise ships (the Disney Wonder was in port for a day). It was very comfortable, great walking to everything and a Starbucks in the lobby.

https://vancouver.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle in downtown Vancouver which had beautiful views of the harbor. We were in town for 3 days before the cruise so staying in the middle of things made more sense.

If I were coming in at 10 pm the night before my cruise, I would stay closer to the airport, for less money, and take a cab to the port in the morning.

We've been to Vancouver several times and always stay at the Pan Pacific right at the cruise terminal or the Westin Bay Shore, which is in Coal Harbor and not far from the terminal. Both are beautiful hotels with all the amenities (and prices to match) but the grounds surrounding both of them are lovely. IMHO more restaurant choices in Coal Harbor but if it's proximity to the terminal you can't get any closer than the Pan Pacific.

Personally, I like to get away from the airport and take advantage of less traffic with a late arrival. My choice is the Blue Horizon on Robson St. Decent restaurants/bars within a block, very safe area and a real quick cab ride to the terminal.

Will be there again next month.

When you arrive into Vancouver airport you can take the sky train to downtown Vancouver. It is very convenient and cheap. It takes about 25 minute ride. The station is right at the airport and the last stop is almost by the cruise terminal. I find it is easier this way rather than taking a taxi as the traffic can be really something some times. You also have quite a number of excellent hotels in downtown Vancouver in various prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Hampton near the airport is nice and very reasonably priced (around $150 CAN).

You don't have to take a cab to the Port. Call the hotel and ask about the transpo to Canada Place and they'll connect you with a shuttle that will pick you up either shortly after 9am or shortly after 11am and take you directly there. No traffic, no fuss, no muss. It's $15 a person.

Linda T

We always prefer and search for hotels near the cruise port that are within our budget.

My husband and I stayed at the Loden and it was the best hotel we have every stayed at. The hotel was beautiful - it gets a great rating on Trip Advisor - it has a car service that takes you anywhere. We got upgraded to a suite for our 25th anniversary. Loved Vancouver!