5' 9" height of Oasis cabin 11730 ????

Yes at least on Oasis. I had it booked before the height restriction became known and was able to upgrade to a CL because of the restriction. If you booked directly through Royal, that should have been mentioned. I believe it is mentioned on the website.

We stayed in 14730 and were told the same thing. The only place that is might be a bit of a challenge is in the shower. Check out this You Tube video of 11730. It's a wonderful cabin with a fantastic balcony. (we peeked during turnaround day)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

The "wet module" (bathroom) on some retrofit cabins cannot take advantage of routing the plumbing either up into the space between the ceiling and the deck above or down through the deck to the same space in the cabin below, so they have to raise the floor or in this case the tub/shower to provide space to route the plumbing.

I am being told after booking and paying for a cabin that now there is a height restriction of 5' 9" for OASIS aqua cabin 11730. I am over 5' 11" can this be true???

Ken

sailed in 11330...i am 6 ft. and had no issues..the balcony alone was worth the price of admission...enjoy!!!!!

I'm 6-1 and I have stood in 12730 shower. It's close but I fit

Do I remember the shower head is a removable/ hand held? That helps. Being about the same size, I've stayed in a thousand hotels where the shower head was 5' above the drain.

Do I remember the shower head is a removable/ hand held? That helps. Being about the same size, I've stayed in a thousand hotels where the shower head was 5' above the drain.

Bill It was removable.

27856903123_4cbee7a2b1_c.jpg

27854984874_d36377af3c_c.jpg

Edited by emmy

Bill It was removable.

27856903123_4cbee7a2b1_c.jpg

27854984874_d36377af3c_c.jpg

I'm glad my questionable memory is still working somewhat. I think my biggest memory of that shower was how high you have to step in. I don't remember how tall Rick is, but I could have made do with that cabin!

Yes, it's a HUGE step down out of the shower onto the floor. I nearly fell a couple of times. If you have very short legs it is very difficult to get out of the shower.

The rooms are wonderful though. I was in 11330 on Allure in Feb. The balcony/deck is just so nice.

Enjoy it !

We were in cabin 11730 on Oasis in May. DH is 6 foot and had no issues with the shower, but if you were a few inches taller then it could be uncomfortable. It is a bigger step than normal to get in or out of the tub.

We really enjoyed the wrap around balcony. I was disappointed that there was only one reclining chair with ottoman, mentioned this to our cabin attendant, and we had the extra chair that evening. Great views of all activity in the aqua theater.

A little off topic of the title of the thread but how many people can these cabins sleep? Is there a sofa bed or a Pullman bed?

Yes, there is a sofa bed but no Pullman. They advertise that these rooms accommodate 4 but that would mean 2 on the sofa bed....so perhaps 2 small children....but definitely not 4 adults - not comfortably, at any rate.

The BR is separate from the "living room" where the sofa bed is located so there is plenty of space (although I have heard that the living room area on decks 12 and 14 are significantly smaller than on 11) but the sleeping arrangements would be difficult for 4 adults, IMO.

Yes, there is a sofa bed but no Pullman. They advertise that these rooms accommodate 4 but that would mean 2 on the sofa bed....so perhaps 2 small children....but definitely not 4 adults - not comfortably, at any rate.

The BR is separate from the "living room" where the sofa bed is located so there is plenty of space (although I have heard that the living room area on decks 12 and 14 are significantly smaller than on 11) but the sleeping arrangements would be difficult for 4 adults, IMO.

Ok, thank you. May book one of these with our 2 kids at some point. We were in 12729 on Oasis 20 months ago, right beside this room but never got to take a peak in.

A little off topic of the title of the thread but how many people can these cabins sleep? Is there a sofa bed or a Pullman bed?

One other thing that might make it difficult for 4 adults is there is only 1 bathroom and you have to go into the bedroom area to use it