eating embarkation day on liberty

I guess I'm looking for the quick fix:D

I have checked out some of those posts though :)

Thanks Bob!!!

Everything is open in evening on Liberty .

If you would like a sit down fabulas luncheon with waited on service , go to Galvez Hotel a Spanish Historical Colonial for one of best brunchs in US. Opens at Eleven ! Then go check in , you would have plenty of time.

Edited by ssb

If you would like a sit down fabulas luncheon with waited on service , go to Galvez Hotel a Spanish Historical Colonial for one of best brunchs in US. Opens at Eleven ! Then go check in , you would have plenty of time.

Might take you up on that one!! Depends on our arrival time!!

While I don't doubt you, I'm of the mind that I've already paid for lunch onboard, why pay again to eat elsewhere? Sure, it's busy during embarkation, especially the Windjammer, but we don't let that stop us. 😉

I think we've had a meal once, off the ship, in the 4 cruises we've taken. We just grab a snack if we get hungry in port.

I detest buffets and will not set food in the Windjammer the entire cruise. Breakfast and lunch the rest of the cruise will be in Chops since we are in a suite, or the MDR. Since the cabins are not ready when boarding, we will have a nice lunch in Galveston before parking the car and we will head to the terminal around 2pm. The check in lines will be gone and we should be able to board right away and go straight to our cabin.

While I don't doubt you, I'm of the mind that I've already paid for lunch onboard, why pay again to eat elsewhere? Sure, it's busy during embarkation, especially the Windjammer, but we don't let that stop us. 😉

I think we've had a meal once, off the ship, in the 4 cruises we've taken. We just grab a snack if we get hungry in port.

My DH agrees with you, why eat off the ship if you've already paid on board?!?!?!:rolleyes:

I detest buffets and will not set food in the Windjammer the entire cruise. Breakfast and lunch the rest of the cruise will be in Chops since we are in a suite, or the MDR. Since the cabins are not ready when boarding, we will have a nice lunch in Galveston before parking the car and we will head to the terminal around 2pm. The check in lines will be gone and we should be able to board right away and go straight to our cabin.

We just got off the Liberty this morning and breakfast and lunch for suite guests were actually in Giovani's instead of Chops. The food was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the Liberty this morning and breakfast and lunch for suite guests were actually in Giovani's instead of Chops. The food was very good.

Did they have lunch every day or just sea days like they did when it was in chops? Wonder why they switched?

Do they offer the tutti salad at lunch in Giovanis? We're in a GS on Liberty in December and weren't aware that there was a separate lunch venue.

Do they offer the tutti salad at lunch in Giovanis? We're in a GS on Liberty in December and weren't aware that there was a separate lunch venue.

I've never seen the Tutti Salad anywere but the MDR.

OK, you've got me curious, what is a Tutti Salad?:confused:

In the MDR during lunch there is a giant salad bar, except instead of you going through & carrying your plate & choosing toppings like you would normally, they have a person behind the tables who will add the items to a big bowl as you choose them. Then when your are done they will mix your salad & whatever dressing you choose together for you. It has a lot of good toppings & a great variety, including different meats & cheeses to choose from. It's what I typically get when I choose to have lunch in the MDR.

Edited by OKCcruiser8

Liberty had lunch served only on sea days and they did offer a small menu and had a small salad bar, other days it was still reserved for suite but you had to bring in food from WJ, but waiters were still there for water and to get drinks

In the MDR during lunch there is a giant salad bar, except instead of you going through & carrying your plate & choosing toppings like you would normally, they have a person behind the tables who will add the items to a big bowl as you choose them. Then when your are done they will mix your salad & whatever dressing you choose together for you. It has a lot of good toppings & a great variety, including different meats & cheeses to choose from. It's what I typically get when I choose to have lunch in the MDR.

Sounds wonderful!! Looking forward to it! Thank you

Liberty had lunch served only on sea days and they did offer a small menu and had a small salad bar, other days it was still reserved for suite but you had to bring in food from WJ, but waiters were still there for water and to get drinks

I didn't see even a small salad bar in Giovani's for suite guests this past week. I will say I ordered the grilled chicken and it was amazing. So juicy!

I didn't see even a small salad bar in Giovani's for suite guests this past week. I will say I ordered the grilled chicken and it was amazing. So juicy!

They had it in Chops on Liberty end of April, interesting that was not moved. Wonder if it will remain in Giovanni's ? WE have GS again in April on Liberty

The chicken that's supposed to go I the Ceasar Salad works great in the spaghetti marina from the menu and the tortilla like croutons are great in the soups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They had it in Chops on Liberty end of April, interesting that was not moved. Wonder if it will remain in Giovanni's ? WE have GS again in April on Liberty

We were surprised too because the suite meals were also in Chops for our Navigator and Jewel cruises. Not sure why it was moved but I think Giovani's did a great job too.