Broken Ankle on Caribbean Princess

irvingwml

Just want to let everyone know what great treatment I received while on the Caribbean Princess last week. We had a wonderful time the first 9 days of the 12 night British Isle cruise. While on a private tour, NOT through Princess, we were going to the Falls of Shin while in the port of Invergordon. I fell going down to the waterfall and broke a couple bones around my ankle. They got me back to the ship and saw the ship's Doctor. They were wonderful at the medical center. Everyone on the ship was wonderful. Princess sent me flowers and a get well card. They arranged for a private transfer to get back to Heathrow since I couldn't get on the coach. They went above and beyond! Cannot say enough about how kind everyone was!:):)

Just want to let everyone know what great treatment I received while on the Caribbean Princess last week. We had a wonderful time the first 9 days of the 12 night British Isle cruise. While on a private tour, NOT through Princess, we were going to the Falls of Shin while in the port of Invergordon. I fell going down to the waterfall and broke a couple bones around my ankle. They got me back to the ship and saw the ship's Doctor. They were wonderful at the medical center. Everyone on the ship was wonderful. Princess sent me flowers and a get well card. They arranged for a private transfer to get back to Heathrow since I couldn't get on the coach. They went above and beyond! Cannot say enough about how kind everyone was!:):)

That wonderful.

Thanks for relating the great treatment you had from the Princess medical center.

Were you able to stay on for the entire cruise?

That wonderful.

Thanks for relating the great treatment you had from the Princess medical center.

Were you able to stay on for the entire cruise?

We stayed until the end as it was easier to fly home non-stop from London to Miami. We were unable to do anything off the ship, but the treatment on the ship was so great, I wish we didn't have to get off. Now that I am home, I am looking forward to surgery on Wednesday and maybe next year repeat the cruise!

We stayed until the end as it was easier to fly home non-stop from London to Miami. We were unable to do anything off the ship, but the treatment on the ship was so great, I wish we didn't have to get off. Now that I am home, I am looking forward to surgery on Wednesday and maybe next year repeat the cruise!

if you have Princess ins maybe you could let us know how that goes.

Good luck with your surgery.

if you have Princess ins maybe you could let us know how that goes.

Good luck with your surgery.

We did not have Princess insurance, but rather Allianz insurance. I will let you know how that goes. Had to go home upper class on Virgin Atlantic because my foot had to be elevated. Medical center charged around $930. Also had about $500 in missed tours through private companies.

Hope all goes well for you.

I broke my ankle while on a Princess cruise in Hawaii. I had surgery over there and the care was wonderful. We also had Allianz insurance and I can't say enough about how wonderful they were. They sent a nurse over from NY and she accompanied us all the way home to our house and got us settled in. We stayed at a Marriott resort until the insurance could arrange flights for us. We were quickly re-imbursed for our expenses. Our TA took care of all the paperwork for us. Princess personnel were very nice and efficient in getting my husband packed and off the ship for our stay in Hawaii and kept in touch with us when we arrived back home.

I recommend to everyone I talk to about cruising to get the insurance. We wouldn't travel without it.

Again, good luck to you with your surgery. I hope it goes as well for you as it has for me.

We're booked on 2 other Princess cruises -- one in Oct. this year and another in Sept next year. Needless to say, we like to cruise.

Lynn

Wow! So sorry you had to experience that. Hope all works out and I'm glad that you reported that your care was good if not excellent.

I really have a hard time believing that Princess medical crew could be anything

other than attentive and compassionate.

I'm curious as to the insurance process as well...just in case

klutzy me does something.:eek:

This blog is marked. Get well soon and I hope your surgery goes well too. :)

Great to hear , get better soon.

We did not have Princess insurance, but rather Allianz insurance. I will let you know how that goes. Had to go home upper class on Virgin Atlantic because my foot had to be elevated. Medical center charged around $930. Also had about $500 in missed tours through private companies.

Best of luck for a full and speedy recovery.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for sharing.

Hoping for your quick recovery.

This is sad news but thanks very much for sharing your experience. I'm glad it happened toward the end of your cruise and the flight home sounds like it was as comfortable as it could be (though I can't imagine having an unreduced fracture with those pressure changes was very pleasant). Good luck with the surgery and recovery (and the physical therapy that will inevitably follow). I hope it wasn't your right accelerator/braking ankle!

You made it home safe. Good luck with your surgery; recovery will take a few months; but your insurance will help ease the pain; blessings to you

Edited by AF-1

I fell on the Emerald Princess fracturing my tibia and fibula several years ago and also had great care and help getting home for surgery. We had the princess insurance and everything not covered by my own insurance was covered by them. They flew us home first class from Aruba after two sea days. We were refunded the unused days of the cruise. The doctors reduced the fracture as best they could and the two sea days were spent watching lots of Love Boat reruns! The hardest part was hopping over the lip into the bathroom! Good luck with surgery. Better days ahead. I'm back to cruising several times a year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were unable to do anything off the ship, but the treatment on the ship was so great, I wish we didn't have to get off.

All of my best for a speedy recovery!

My mom fell in the MDR and broke her arm and a rib. She, too, received excellent care. She said that if that was her time to fall and break something, she was grateful to be on a ship so all of her meals were prepared, her bed was made and turned down, and she had so much support around her. (Mom always sees the glass half full!)

Your positive attitude is inspiring and I'm sure you'll come out of surgery like a champ!