Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Basically if you do interior on Oasis its about $1400 total on the 15th for two people, with one person its about $870 (smaller OBC), reflecting $333 Bogo60 offer and $39 resident discount

Basically there is a promo 60% off 2nd guest, if you book as one guest you still are benefiting slightly from the promo - until or unless they fix it , but the promo is going to end anyway and solo travelers should get the benefit since they are paying for two people anyway

I guess that is a good deal considering everything included for 7 days but I cant plan that far in advance, plus my goal is for my next cruise to not be solo :classic_biggrin:  though hell will probably freeze over first

Edited by jmsnyc

I saw the rate for inside and balcony cabins. I know there aren’t solo cabins...that’s why I thought it was worth mentioning. I took a screen shot from RC’s web site this morning when I was pricing balcony cabins. Hopefully I will be able to successfully attach the photo. Anywho, I was just trying to share what seemed like a good rate. Hoping it can help.8353519C-6432-4EB7-8DF4-0A47FAFE5E64.thumb.jpeg.3ac8256ef6420a540475cacf42cfd2de.jpeg

38 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

Basically if you do interior on Oasis its about $1400 total on the 15th for two people, with one person its about $870 (smaller OBC), reflecting $333 Bogo60 offer and $39 resident discount

Basically there is a promo 60% off 2nd guest, if you book as one guest you still are benefiting slightly from the promo - until or unless they fix it , but the promo is going to end anyway and solo travelers should get the benefit since they are paying for two people anyway

I guess that is a good deal considering everything included for 7 days but I cant plan that far in advance, plus my goal is for my next cruise to not be solo :classic_biggrin:  though hell will probably freeze over first

Is this promo nationwide and avail in NY too? thnaks

9 hours ago, counsdr said:

I’m on Adventure OTS solo in August. It’s $589 or similar for 2 inside cabin, but $1278 or similar for a solo. It’s so frustrating to have to pay double to cruise solo.

Is that $589 per person for 2 in cabin?   That would make more sense.   At least we get double points!

Just booked 12/8. Oasis. Large Oceanview Balcony (80 sq. ft balcony size).) deck 10,  Total solo rate w/ trip insurance, taxes/fees with Florida discount, $1146.00  There  were cheaper balcony cabins that would save you more, but I think this is a great deal for a solo balcony.

Edited by Luke104
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luke104 said:

Just booked 12/8. Oasis. Large Oceanview Balcony (80 sq. ft balcony size).) deck 10,  Total solo rate w/ trip insurance, taxes/fees with Florida discount, $1146.00  There  were cheaper balcony cabins that would save you more, but I think this is a great deal for a solo balcony.

Glad it worked out for you Luke!

35 minutes ago, Luke104 said:

What is their cancellation policy this far in advance ? 

According to this it looks like 90 days full refund, if that is the case any risk in booking?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

Update:  It looks like you lose $250 which is the minimum deposit

Edited by jmsnyc

47 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

What is their cancellation policy this far in advance ? 

According to this it looks like 90 days full refund, if that is the case any risk in booking?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

Update:  It looks like you lose $250 which is the minimum deposit

You actually don't lose the whole $250.00. You will lose $100.00 of it, and the other $150.00 can be used for a future booking within 12 months of cancellation.

3 hours ago, Luke104 said:

You actually don't lose the whole $250.00. You will lose $100.00 of it, and the other $150.00 can be used for a future booking within 12 months of cancellation.

You can still book with a refundable deposit, as well.  You just pay a little bit extra total fare.  Mine has usually been in the neighborhood of $65 to $100 or so, more.  Unfortunately, I haven't found where I can actually see these fares online anymore and usually have to call my TA.  Frustrating.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

6 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

You can still book with a refundable deposit, as well.  You just pay a little bit extra total fare.  Mine has usually been in the neighborhood of $65 to $100 or so, more.  Unfortunately, I haven't found where I can actually see these fares online anymore and usually have to call my TA.  Frustrating.

I'm not seeing it either. All I see is the trip insurance.  Seems like they figured out (maybe because RCCL is reading this thread, lol) as prices have gone up.   I still have a deal on a large balcony available but maybe cause I already started the booking and it will disappear shortly.   The large balcony was a better a deal than the interior.   This is 12/15/19 Oasis OTS.  I would book if the fee/refund in form of credit was better.

Edited by jmsnyc

On 12/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, bob brown said:

I just took another look at the Breakaway 6 January 11 day out of New Orleans, and they are now showing Sailaway Insides for total of $627.53.   Use cruise next certificate and shareholder benefit, and it's almost cheaper than staying home...:classic_cool:

When you buy cruise next certificates is the OBC on your current cruise or future cruise?

6 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

When you buy cruise next certificates is the OBC on your current cruise or future cruise?

You buy say two, worth $500., and get a $250. OBC on your current cruise..hence you are getting the certificates at half price.  The full value of the certificates can then be used on a future cruise deposit, or statement.

Is

33 minutes ago, NSnJW said:

NCL Breakaway Feb 17th 7 days from New Orleans.   Inside $499

I am guessing this is common that there are deals if you are willing to leave in two weeks.  Figures now I am in Fort Lauderdale the deals are from NOLA, lol.  

If you are not in a studio cabin, can you still access the studio events and lounge on the Breakaway?

12 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

Is

I am guessing this is common that there are deals if you are willing to leave in two weeks.  Figures now I am in Fort Lauderdale the deals are from NOLA, lol.  

If you are not in a studio cabin, can you still access the studio events and lounge on the Breakaway?

You can only access the studio lounge during the nightly gathering 

14 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

You can only access the studio lounge during the nightly gathering 

Yeah, that kind of sux because many times a studio can be more expensive than other cabins as in this case, for the 2/17 cruise $499 inside, $599 balcony, $999 studio (double the price)

33 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

Is

Officially you can only enter with solo gathering, but none of the other PAX are gonna deny you access if you follow them in for a coffee, would you?

1 minute ago, bones774 said:

Officially you can only enter with solo gathering, but none of the other PAX are gonna deny you access if you follow them in for a coffee, would you?

No, its a cruise.  Everyone should be welcoming and friendly.

I do think its annoying when families or kids come in and raid the cookies because that is not what the lounge is for but for true solo travelers I think its fine.

I was wondering if it is possible to get access added to your card if you are traveling solo in an inside non studio, saw it mentioned in a previous thread

5 minutes ago, jmsnyc said:

No, its a cruise.  Everyone should be welcoming and friendly.

I do think its annoying when families or kids come in and raid the cookies because that is not what the lounge is for but for true solo travelers I think its fine.

I was wondering if it is possible to get access added to your card if you are traveling solo in an inside non studio, saw it mentioned in a previous thread

They used to give card access to solo pax by going to front desk at beginning of cruise, no more though. It couldn't hurt to try though.

I've never seen families and kids in the studio lounge. It's a bit off the beaten path and if you're not in that cabin class or been brought there in solo group you won't happen by it accidentally

Edited by bones774

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, looking for a last minute solo deal from Florida (Florida resident) for the first or 2nd week of March (departure date  between 3/2/19 and  around 3/10/2019 give or take but need to be back by 3/17.  Ideally 5-8 day cruise

Departure Port Preference in Order

1. Fort Lauderdale

2. Miami

3/4. Orlando/Tampa

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by jmsnyc