Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Hey, that's my line! I'm gonna gamble also, keeping my eye on this cruise. You gonna fly right outta of NO if you get it or stick around a day or two? What kinda airfare you looking for?

Thanks

Probably leave that afternoon...I'll take my luck flying standby...

re: 15 day Breakaway for $569 gty (+port fees/taxes)

i got assigned an IE on the 5th floor, right next to the elevator. :(

IE were listed as sold out when i booked the GTY.

so how did i get an IE?

Congratulation's! Being near the elevator is no problem with noise in my experience, and it lets you get anywhere on the ship easily.

I am surprised that they assigned your GTY so quickly...I've sometimes had to wait until just a couple of days prior. I am hoping that means they have plenty of cabins left, so will just hold off for another week or two to 'pull the trigger'...:)

so how did i get an IE?

Just a guess, but it's possible one or more people in IE cabins changed or upgraded to other cabins.

Or, when we create mock bookings and select a specific cabin, I think a short-term, temporary hold is placed on that cabin. So, for the sake of argument, if a few people made mock bookings and selected IE cabins (or one person made a mock booking for more than one IE cabin), but did not complete the reservations, those cabins would then become available.

Or, NCL simply plays tricks with the cabin reservation system.

And now back to our regular programming:

Norwegian Pride of America

7-day Roundtrip Honolulu

October 27 - November 3, 2018

Inside guarantee $999

Oceanview guarantee $1,399

Balcony guarantee $1,699

Additional $181.20 port fees and taxes

No matter how cheap transatlantic Cruises are, there are very few takers because of the steep airfare

I am used to steep airfares living jn Canada. I did a dummy booking and flight to Copenhagen was under $1000 and from NYC just over $100. So, $1100 is a common transatlantic flight price for me and cheaper tjat summer flight costs. Of course, I couldn't afford to do specialty restaurants, booze packages, or ship excursions, but a 2 week solo vacation for just over 2 grand isn't bad.....if you plan for it.

I am used to steep airfares living jn Canada. I did a dummy booking and flight to Copenhagen was under $1000 and from NYC just over $100. So, $1100 is a common transatlantic flight price for me and cheaper tjat summer flight costs. Of course, I couldn't afford to do specialty restaurants, booze packages, or ship excursions, but a 2 week solo vacation for just over 2 grand isn't bad.....if you plan for it.
Canadian $2000 for flights and cruise is worth it.

You don't really need the speciality dining or alcohol packages. And shore excursions are best done by organizing your own private tours (by shared minivan) on your CC roll call.

What is an IE?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ship category.

from best to worse (according to ncl):

i1,i2,ia,ib,ic,id,ie,if

i thought i had a lock on i1 or i2 since there was no availability for other categories from the mock booking.

thus why i booked so early instead of a week before departure like i usually do.

oh well, nothing i can do about it now.

live and learn...

It’s crazy! I can see that fare on the Cunard website.

$380 is the fare with tax!

I just booked. We will see if they cancel my reservation tomorrow.

It must be a mistake. Did you pay the non refundable $380?.

The twin sharing fare is over $1300 per person, including taxes

It must be a mistake. Did you pay the non refundable $380?.

The twin sharing fare is over $1300 per person, including taxes

I did. We will see what tomorrow brings. I took a screen shot of the confirmation and total fare.

I did. We will see what tomorrow brings. I took a screen shot of the confirmation and total fare.
Why is the single fare so much less than 2 adults in a cabin?

303+82 for 1 adult in a cabin

1370+82 + 1370+82 for 2 adults in the same cabin.

It's ridiculous and illogical. A computer error?

Edited by drsel

I was able to get to Step 7 of the booking ($507 CAD) and instead of having a confirmation page, it gave me an error. I did get a notification that my credit card was charged and a booking confirmation that the booking is paid in full, so I will see. I will give them a call once the office opens. Hope they honour it! :D