Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

There is a glitch.  I called MSC 2 days ago.  This is the add on price for a super family cabin which sleep multiple people.

Thanks for confirming.  I was going to put my TA on it, as I can always use a cheap birthday cruise, but won't bother now.

I wondered if it was the add on....

For those who look to the far-flung future...

MSC Preziosa

October 2020 (various embarkation points and dates)

7-day Northern Europe Itinerary

Embarkation offered from Hamburg, LeHavre or Southampton.  Bella Inside fares from $483 to $519 (plus taxes).

Hamburg:  October 4-11, 11-18 or 18-25

LeHavre:  October 6-13 or 13-20

Southampton:  October 7-14 or 14-21

You could also get discounts based on your MSC Voyager status.

Too interesting not to post:

7 nights out of Tenerife or Gran Canaria

Pullmantur Zenith

Multiple dates from now through end of March

From USD 148.50 base, USD 506.50 including taxes and tips (January 5 sailing out of Gran Canaria)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

NCL Gem ... 18 days ... New York to Los Angeles ... January 2 - 20, 2019

Sail Away Inside Guarantee $889 plus $470 port/taxes 

That's about $49 per day

Use a CruiseNext and the Cabin price is only $764

It looks like less than 15 cabins left on the entire ship:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2489755-gem-1022019-nyc-to-la/?do=findComment&comment=56411646

Edited by fstuff1

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I just looked at that, and a solo would pay total of $1,358.88 for an inside sailaway...so they are still charging the supplement, unless I missed it when you looked....:classic_unsure:

A balcony for a solo at sailaway rate would total $2,368.88

Edited by bob brown

2 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I just looked at that, and a solo would pay total of $1,358.88 for an inside sailaway...so they are still charging the supplement, unless I missed it when you looked....:classic_unsure:

yes, you missed the part that $470 of that $1359 is port fees/taxes :)

24 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yes, you missed the part that $470 of that $1359 is port fees/taxes 🙂

Not sure I understand you.   The fare for a sailaway inside single cabin was $889.   Plus port tax of 469.88 per passenger in cabin.

So solo passenger were not getting a discount.   If they were, the fare would have been $444.50 + 469.88 port tax for total of $914.38.   And then, discount the savings of using a cruisenext certificate, plus any other perks like shareholder's OBC, or T/A rebates, before calculating the overall cost and per day cost....

Or maybe I'm getting confused...if they weren't giving a solo discount, the room would have been double the price ($1,779. + port tax for a solo occupant).....maybe I've been looking at this wrong....:classic_wacko:

Edited by bob brown

Norwegian Breakaway

January 06, 2019 to January 17, 2019

11-Day Western Caribbean from New Orleans

Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line by World Travel Awards.
Harvest Caye, Best New Cruise Port by Porthole Magazine.
Starting From
$ 699 USD
Avg Per Person
SHIP Norwegian Breakaway
CRUISE PORTS Embark New Orleans (Louisiana); Ocho Rios (Jamaica); George Town (Grand Cayman); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Harvest Caye (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico); Disembark New Orleans (Louisiana)

• Solo cruisers pay less than double fare.Solo Cruiser Discount

Sail Away Balcony  Solo

Pricing Details

Item Guest 1
Cruise Fare $629.00
Govt Taxes,
Fees & Port
Expenses
$198.53
Total per Guest $827.53

image.thumb.png.489ee6ba848e960d6f9a2c07bfa5eda7.png

47 minutes ago, cruiser147147 said:

Norwegian Breakaway

January 06, 2019 to January 17, 2019

11-Day Western Caribbean from New Orleans

Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line by World Travel Awards.
Harvest Caye, Best New Cruise Port by Porthole Magazine.
Starting From
$ 699 USD
Avg Per Person
SHIP Norwegian Breakaway
CRUISE PORTS Embark New Orleans (Louisiana); Ocho Rios (Jamaica); George Town (Grand Cayman); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Harvest Caye (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); Cozumel (Mexico); Disembark New Orleans (Louisiana)

• Solo cruisers pay less than double fare.Solo Cruiser Discount

Sail Away Balcony  Solo

Pricing Details

Item Guest 1
Cruise Fare $629.00
Govt Taxes,
Fees & Port
Expenses
$198.53
Total per Guest $827.53

image.thumb.png.489ee6ba848e960d6f9a2c07bfa5eda7.png

fabulous!!!  great deal!

!st decent balcony deal I have seen for Jan so far.

14 hours ago, bob brown said:

Not sure I understand you.   The fare for a sailaway inside single cabin was $889.   Plus port tax of 469.88 per passenger in cabin.

So solo passenger were not getting a discount.   If they were, the fare would have been $444.50 + 469.88 port tax for total of $914.38.   And then, discount the savings of using a cruisenext certificate, plus any other perks like shareholder's OBC, or T/A rebates, before calculating the overall cost and per day cost....

Or maybe I'm getting confused...if they weren't giving a solo discount, the room would have been double the price ($1,779. + port tax for a solo occupant).....maybe I've been looking at this wrong....:classic_wacko:

Bob, Take a look at the plum site, it says at $889 there is 0% supplement and that only appeared in the last 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

Bob, Take a look at the plum site, it says at $889 there is 0% supplement and that only appeared in the last 24 hours.

Yeah, my bad....I guess I was looking for the type of 'steals' they were offering in October, like our 15 niter for as low as 469. +taxes.... :classic_wink:

19 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Yeah, my bad....I guess I was looking for the type of 'steals' they were offering in October, like our 15 niter for as low as 469. +taxes.... :classic_wink:

yeah,i was hoping for $35/night too like some of my recent cruises. (see sig)

that would be $630 for the 18day cruise.

but since the ship is nearly 100% full and $50/day solo meets my minimum criteria for cruising, i booked

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

yeah,i was hoping for $35/night too like some of my recent cruises. (see sig)

that would be $630 for the 18day cruise.

but since the ship is nearly 100% full and $50/day solo meets my minimum criteria for cruising, i booked

After a rocky start, that repo cruise turned out to be one of my all-time favorite cruises...especially for the friend's I made on board.

And at that fare, it was literally cheaper than staying home...:classic_cool:.

16 hours ago, bob brown said:

Yes, you were confused. The rate for double occupancy was $889 for the cabin. Solos got lucky having to pay the same $889 which is zero single supplement. The port and taxes is a separate issue which everybody has to pay anyway.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Yes, you were confused. The rate for double occupancy was $889 for the cabin. Solos got lucky having to pay the same $889 which is zero single supplement. The port and taxes is a separate issue which everybody has to pay anyway.

Got it.

I just saw this NCL Breakaway post and booked the sail away balcony for $828.  I was thrilled with this. I normally can’t go solo on any line for less than $1100 for an inside. So glad I decided to look at this board!  Thank you, thank you.  First time in NCL too 

25 minutes ago, km3045 said:

I just saw this NCL Breakaway post and booked the sail away balcony for $828.  I was thrilled with this. I normally can’t go solo on any line for less than $1100 for an inside. So glad I decided to look at this board!  Thank you, thank you.  First time in NCL too 

Glad you were able to take advantage of this , what I consider to be,  great price.  Please consider joining the roll call for this cruise --  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2467077-january-6th-2019-ncl-breakaway/?page=18&tab=comments#comment-56419098

2 hours ago, CanadaGuyEh said:

that is amazing pricing - balcony cheaper than inside - not sure why - have lots empty or ?

Balcony has Solo cruiser discount rate applied while I do not see any other cabins with solo rate.  Breakaway has more balconies than any other category so sure its inventory management.  Expect the balcony rate to go up before sail date.

Edited by cruiser147147
correct message

I travel Aug through November each year so will look at these once they are in my time frame.  Is great to see how it can go though - I usually look at inside cabins only.   I do wish at NCL you could sort by specials for Solo - instead you have to look for the symbol.   And I did notice sites that check deals tend to only look at the inside cabin rate so this one didn't show up as a great deal on that site.

11 minutes ago, CanadaGuyEh said:

I travel Aug through November each year so will look at these once they are in my time frame.  Is great to see how it can go though - I usually look at inside cabins only.   I do wish at NCL you could sort by specials for Solo - instead you have to look for the symbol.   And I did notice sites that check deals tend to only look at the inside cabin rate so this one didn't show up as a great deal on that site.

You can sort by singles at NCL. Log on, top of page click "cruise deals" then scroll down "singles cruise deals" and click, when you arrive at that page click "view cruise deals" then at arriving next page you can filter even more.

Edited by bones774

4 minutes ago, bones774 said:

You can sort by singles at NCL. Log on, top of page click "cruise deals" then scroll down "singles cruise deals" and click, when you arrive at that page click "view cruise deals" then at arriving next page you can filter even more.

oh thanks! Amazing!   And I haven't cruised with them yet but some even have the past customer deal so a person would get that as well!

6 hours ago, CanadaGuyEh said:

oh thanks! Amazing!   And I haven't cruised with them yet but some even have the past customer deal so a person would get that as well!

Keep in mind when checking NCL for bottom rates, the "sailaway rate",  does not include any of the 'free at sea' perks, nor does it include 'double loyalty point's' for selected sailings.....but it's still by far the best deal, financially speaking...