Self Disembark

I like the thought of doing self disembark (control issues, I guess...) but been a while since I've been on RCI. When people on here talk about SD, they leave at crazy times like 6:30-7:00am. My DH (what does the "D" stand for??? :confused:) is NOT a morning glory.... so can we kinda meander around the ship and leave later? Our flight isn't until 2:30pm... We are on Oasis from Canaveral.

Thank you everyone - CC peeps are the BEST! :cool:

I don't know if anyone will stop you, as we don't have any reports from Oasis at PC yet. However, they do like to have the self-assist people get off the ship before the folks with the luggage tags.

Edited by clarea

when we recently left Majesty at Canaveral, self disembark time was 730-830, I think, and bring your own bags.

If you leave later you will bump into everyone else already out and about in lounges waiting for the assigned call times, AND have all your bags with you in tow. At least your cabin attendant will be trying to kick you out of the cabin, and send you to the lounges for waiting.

They did the usual assign groups and call by number disembarkment, and when we walked to customs all the ship-collected luggage still had not been unloaded onto the terminal floors.

I like the thought of doing self disembark (control issues, I guess...) but been a while since I've been on RCI. When people on here talk about SD, they leave at crazy times like 6:30-7:00am. My DH (what does the "D" stand for??? :confused:) is NOT a morning glory.... so can we kinda meander around the ship and leave later? Our flight isn't until 2:30pm... We are on Oasis from Canaveral.

You may want to linger on the ship, but you need to get out of your cabin, so you will have to take your luggage with you.

Just wake him up and get moving. He'll thank you for it later. ;) :D

I don't know if anyone will stop you, as we don't have any reports from Oasis at PC yet. However, they do like to have the self-assist people get off the ship before the folks with the luggage tags.

In spite of that, we self carry off every cruise, and normally leave the ship between 8:30 and 9:15 (depending on what we are doing). And we are not the only ones carrying stuff off the ship.

Although, we pack so light, other's "extra" bags may be the same as all of our bags. dunno.

Port Canaveral has it down to a science. Earlier this month on the Freedom I was at home in my living room at 8:00.

I've also seen them board at Port Canaveral as early as 10:30. They know how to get people off the ship.

We'll just have to wait and see how it goes with the Oasis.

We are doing a 6:30 am self disembark from the Jewel in Rome next week(early flight). Just wondering if anything is available for breakfast that early or is that we miss doing self disembark?

They have breakfast earlier on disembarking days. You should have no problem having breakfast.

If you opt for self disembark, you can wait and leave later if you want. You'll need to be completely out of your cabin by 8:00 or 8:30, though, so you'll have to bring all your luggage with you while you meander around the ship. As long as it doesn't bother you to haul your luggage around, you can stay until about 10:00 if you want. It can be hard to get an elevator with enough room for 2 people with all their luggage, so be aware of that and allow extra time for elevators and lines to get off the ship.

The terminal becomes more and more crowded as it gets later, so getting through customs may require waiting in a good size line too. And don't forget to leave yourself enough time (an hour or so) for the ride to Orlando to the airport!

Judy