Deployment Question (Cruise Calendar opening) for remainder of 2018

FunInTheSun9

Does anyone know when the 2018/2019 deployment release schedule will be available? The current 2017/2018 itineraries released on November 17, 2015 for Europe, and in December 2015 for all other destinations. Wondering if it is going to be similar this year? Would be great to know the first loyalty opening date so can have our choice of cabin selection for a June 2018 Med cruise.

During our May 2016 Alaska cruise, the on-board sales Rep said "Fall, probably mid-October, 2016," but I'm hoping for a specific date so I can call and book...Maybe our CruiseCritic Host can help here once the dates are solidified??

Edited by FunInTheSun9

Does anyone know when the 2018/2019 deployment release schedule will be available? The current 2017/2018 itineraries released on November 17, 2015 for Europe, and in December 2015 for all other destinations. Wondering if it is going to be similar this year? Would be great to know the first loyalty opening date so can have our choice of cabin selection for a June 2018 Med cruise.

During our May 2016 Alaska cruise, the on-board sales Rep said "Fall, probably mid-October, 2016," but I'm hoping for a specific date so I can call and book...Maybe our CruiseCritic Host can help here once the dates are solidified??

Hi FunintheSun9,

No specific dates announced yet. If Celebrity stays on the same schedule as past years, the balance of 2018 into April 2019 should be announced around November/December of this year.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

How do you know that? I'm pretty sure she will be in Alaska again in summer 2018 as arrives in Vancouver in May of 2018.

She's showing up on a couple of European port schedules and I think someone posted the other day that they'd heard onboard she'd be repositioning through the Suez Canal.

Here's the thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2393627

Edited by Cruise Junky

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the itineraries are known before end-November. As someone posted in another thread, P&O and Cunard have already released their Summer 2018 itineraries and are taking bookings. That early release also means that the early booking discount is also early - it's due to finish 30 November. It would be good to know by then if there's a Celebrity cruise that attracts us more.

I hope the itineraries are known before end-November. As someone posted in another thread, P&O and Cunard have already released their Summer 2018 itineraries and are taking bookings. That early release also means that the early booking discount is also early - it's due to finish 30 November. It would be good to know by then if there's a Celebrity cruise that attracts us more.

I would not hold your breath for an early booking discount by Celebrity in the UK. When I complained that there was no offer last year, I was told that they found that offering such a discount in the UK resulted in "us" booking in advance and skipping a year. Consequently, their plan, at that stage, was to stop early booking discounts here.

I would not hold your breath for an early booking discount by Celebrity in the UK. When I complained that there was no offer last year, I was told that they found that offering such a discount in the UK resulted in "us" booking in advance and skipping a year. Consequently, their plan, at that stage, was to stop early booking discounts here.

I don't think I'm looking for an early booking discount from Celebrity. What I was trying to say was that I hope I can find out about Celebrity 2018 itineraries before the P&O Early Booking discounts expire (30 November), in case I prefer a P&O cruise for 2018 after all. The scenario I'm trying to avoid is a) spotting a P&O cruise that I quite like but not booking it in case there's a better Celebrity cruise; b) not being able to read the Celebrity itineraries until, say, early December; c) and then deciding that I might as well do the P&O cruise.

I don't think I'm looking for an early booking discount from Celebrity. What I was trying to say was that I hope I can find out about Celebrity 2018 itineraries before the P&O Early Booking discounts expire (30 November), in case I prefer a P&O cruise for 2018 after all. The scenario I'm trying to avoid is a) spotting a P&O cruise that I quite like but not booking it in case there's a better Celebrity cruise; b) not being able to read the Celebrity itineraries until, say, early December; c) and then deciding that I might as well do the P&O cruise.

I thought that may be the case but I did not want you lose a (for eg) a P&O cruise hoping for an (probably non-existent) early booking discount from Celebrity.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in same quandary Tom, lets hope bookings open mid November and itineraries available end of October, like it was last year.

Project Gal, not sure I agree with you, RCI offered some massive discounts for summer 2017, and my TA says they were delighted with the response.

Project Gal, not sure I agree with you, RCI offered some massive discounts for summer 2017, and my TA says they were delighted with the response.

I hope you are correct but Celebrity were adamant last year that they would no longer offer discounts for cruises so far out. Their business practices are different to RCI and discounts for next season (2017) are not the same a discounts for two years hence.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember who it was but one of the frequent posters here was able to provide the new itineraries around a week or so ahead of when Celebrity actually released them last fall....hoping that will happen again this year.....I know X is expecting to release around November 29/30.....would love to see them before then......:)

Edited by Gracie115

Last week on board the offers for booking 2018/19 sailings showed a release date of either 11/26 or 11/29- I can't remember which & I didn't keep a copy of the offer, sorry.

It is 11/29....at least that's what was said on Equinox last week....but I do remember last year someone from, I believe, the UK had some advance info on itineraries....hoping for that again!!:D

That IS interesting....I'm betting it is Eclipse that will be there....since Silhouette generally does Baltic itineraries right after the TA. Would love to consider a TA with a B2B in the British Isles.........:D:)

That IS interesting....I'm betting it is Eclipse that will be there....since Silhouette generally does Baltic itineraries right after the TA. Would love to consider a TA with a B2B in the British Isles.........:D:)

I agree. Will be great to see the itineraries. Love Dublin