Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

I think it may have been you that asked on twitter and was told you can- well my dd asked on twitter for me about the same time and we were told no to the upgrade (not sure if its a total no or if they meant know to upgrade to premium we will ask for clarification)- go figure

But I have printed off the twitter your response that say can and I will take it with me. Not that it will do ant good:(

OK update response on twitter

Yes, you can upgrade onboard and pay the difference, but prices vary on ship and sailing. Call us at (800) 398-9819 for details.

Not going to phone as it will cost a lot from UK and track record shows that they won't know anything and give false info on phone anyway.

I think it may have been you that asked on twitter and was told you can- well my dd asked on twitter for me about the same time and we were told no to the upgrade (not sure if its a total no or if they meant know to upgrade to premium we will ask for clarification)- go figure

But I have printed off the twitter your response that say can and I will take it with me. Not that it will do ant good:(

Actually I didn't take to Twitter until after a frustrating conversation on the phone. The last Tweet I got says "Hi Gretchen. You can certainly upgrade from your select package to Premium. Hope this helps."

however when there is no select or premium package, not sure I believe that.

Edited by gliles

So I thought id call royal caribbean,...odly enough they were a bit vague, but they said that all guests booked all inclusive would get the same drink all inclusuve drinks package...

im going to be screen shotting the new deluxe drinks package included in cruise fare flyer and taking it with me :)

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/latest-offers_279_3398191767.pdf

I hope that advice is correct but I wouldn't hold my breath and would need it in writing as trying to fight this onboard will be impossible otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that advice is correct but I wouldn't hold my breath and would need it in writing as trying to fight this onboard will be impossible otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that from tomorrow the new BOGOHO offer has the new delux drinks package included, and my invoice says simply AllInc, I have no reason to believe that they are lying. I have also got my TA on the case, and if all else fails told them to cancel my booking tomorrow, and then rebook the same cabins with the new offer just to make sure :)

I'm sad to see that Appleton rum isn't on the list of included alcohol. It's my favorite in a pina colada!! I also don't see Angry Orchard listed with the other ciders under beer, but I've ordered it many times previously with the Premium package. I guess it's no longer included? Bummer because the last couple ships I've been on that was all that was available except in the pub. I guess I'll see what happens when I'm on Adventure in November.

I ordered the Premium package this morning at the 20% off in case it goes away tomorrow with the new package being debutes :D

Given that from tomorrow the new BOGOHO offer has the new delux drinks package included, and my invoice says simply AllInc, I have no reason to believe that they are lying. I have also got my TA on the case, and if all else fails told them to cancel my booking tomorrow, and then rebook the same cabins with the new offer just to make sure :)

Won't you lose your deposit doing that, and also you will also pay the current rate for your booking, which in my case would be an extra £600 making a total of £900 with my deposit.

Won't you lose your deposit doing that, and also you will also pay the current rate for your booking, which in my case would be an extra £600 making a total of £900 with my deposit.

Ouch wouldnt be doing that......I have kind of assumed the booking rate tomorrow would be the same as we booked at given its the BOGOHO offer we booked under, but of course we will check tomorrow. It could well be that with the new drink package they do actually put the price up...Will watch that space :)

Still not sure how Royal know who has what free drinks package, or how they will mark sea pass cards differently, when our invoice says All Inclusive drinks and nothing else.

13 pages is a lot for me to check, so apologies if this has been asked.

We are on Harmony in 10 days and we got the Premium Package free with our booking.

When we board, will our drinks package be automatically upgraded from Premium to the new Deluxe ? No heart ache if it isn't, I can manage just fine with cocktails and Jameson's

W (half of W and W)

13 pages is a lot for me to check, so apologies if this has been asked.

We are on Harmony in 10 days and we got the Premium Package free with our booking.

When we board, will our drinks package be automatically upgraded from Premium to the new Deluxe ? No heart ache if it isn't, I can manage just fine with cocktails and Jameson's

W (half of W and W)

That is what the FAQ says.

Select is honoured, premium and ultimate become deluxe

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is what the FAQ says.

Select is honoured, premium and ultimate become deluxe

Sent from my iPad using Forums

yep I saw that but wondered if there was an implementation date in the future, or if it applies immediately.

Thanks for the reply

We have gone back and forth over getting the Royal Replenish for our IOS TA for weeks. With the upcoming price increase, I have just bought it for the two of us. At least that gives me another few weeks at that price to cancel it or not. Can I make it worth the money? Definitely... but do I have to?

Just saw this and jumped online. I was able to buy the PP for $46/day+gratuities for me and the Royal Replenish for $19/day+gratuities for the wife for our Anthem cruise in December about 15 minutes. We'll see if the upgrade happens!

At 6:19 pm this evening, I purchased two premiums with the 20 percent discount for my March Adventure. I figured I'd lock in the savings now.

At 2:30 eastern today we did the same. We sale on Allure 3/5/17.

I was going to wait a little longer before getting 2 Premium's but $80 pp savings made it worthwhile.

The increase from Replenish to Refresh sucks a lot. 35% is a huge jump. Our son is with us. We will hold off on this and see if any promo's pop up in the next few months.

I echo all the THANK YOU's to CC for alerting me to this. :)

Hello, following on with this thread, I'm sailing on oasis on the 17th sept. This is my first cruise and we booked it on a deal with the select package for beer and wine. I see some changes are being made but wanted to know if the gratuities are/will still be included and if we were to but a spirit or cocktail do we pay the difference or in full for the extra drink.

I think the select package includes up to $8 for beer and wine.

Thank you

Lorna

Hello, following on with this thread, I'm sailing on oasis on the 17th sept. This is my first cruise and we booked it on a deal with the select package for beer and wine. I see some changes are being made but wanted to know if the gratuities are/will still be included and if we were to but a spirit or cocktail do we pay the difference or in full for the extra drink.

I think the select package includes up to $8 for beer and wine.

Thank you

Lorna

The grats are included in your Select package perk. Any drinks you buy outside your package inclusions are chargeable in full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spoke to an agent at RCCL today at 3:30 P.M…told her we want to purchase the premium package for each of us, but wanted to wait until just before our cruise,(Nov. 21) so that we could spread out all of the costs a little.. informed her we have seen on the boards that it is changing on Sept. 6th..asked her to verify..she did..no more premium or ultimate package, just deluxe (if you want alcoholic beverages, specialty coffees, water and fresh squeezed juice included)..asked her the price of the new deluxe package, she advised she did not have it yet..I told her that I would wait to see the new pricing before deciding, and magically, the new pricing was given to me…so the bottom line is if you want alcohol in the package, the net price for the one package available is 51.92 per person per day, which is the same as if you pre-purchased the premium package with 20% off..however, if you want specialty coffees and fresh squeezed juice as well it’s a good deal, as the ultimate package with gratuities was 57.82 per day..hope that clears it up, assuming the info I received is correct...