Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

Simply print the email, tipex out your details and then photograph it, and post the photo :)

I am not sure how to do that as it has my name in several paragraphs. I could cut and paste what I can but it would loose authenticity. If anyone knows how I can blank out my details let me know. (cant be in word as I don't have mircosoft office)

If RC had emailed everyone with a free select package to explain the upgrade cost then it would have saved a lot of concern.

I have not been notified by RC that the package has changed and I sail in 10 day. I assume I can upgrade from select to premium for $10. Wrong.

Robin

Simply print the email, tipex out your details and then photograph it, and post the photo :)

Ok I will do that but I will need to get my DD to print it off for me - I will try and get hold of her today but if I don't I will not be able to it until Monday as she is away this evening for a long weekend. I hope that is on time for you all. Alternatively you could ask someone on the free select package thread as quite a few have had this email now- some may have more technology in their house than I do lol

As I am out of the UK at present, I contacted my TA to ask her to organise the extra payment of $10 to upgrade. She was told by RCCL that we still have to do this onboard. My sailing is late October. If anyone is in the same position and travelling before then a post would be appreciated.

As I am out of the UK at present, I contacted my TA to ask her to organise the extra payment of $10 to upgrade. She was told by RCCL that we still have to do this onboard. My sailing is late October. If anyone is in the same position and travelling before then a post would be appreciated.

I will post back before that

How exactly does the gratuity now work? Do you pay 18% on the value of each drink ordered through the package or do you pay 18% on the total cost of the package?

You pay gratuity once, at the time you purchase the package. No additional gratuity is charged when you order drinks, unless you order a drink over the package limit, in which case they charge gratuity on the amount over the package limit.

If RC had emailed everyone with a free select package to explain the upgrade cost then it would have saved a lot of concern.

I have not been notified by RC that the package has changed and I sail in 10 day. I assume I can upgrade from select to premium for $10. Wrong.

Robin[/quote

Robin, I emailed Mike Bayley and his representative Nelson Frau emailed and rang me from Miami today to say that all executives and ships now know that anyone with the Select package - whether they bought it or were given it free as a promotion - will need to pay only $10 plus 18% grats. He said there won't be any problems on boarding and asking for the upgrade. Like others though, I'll be taking my email with me.

Robin[/quote

Robin, I emailed Mike Bayley and his representative Nelson Frau emailed and rang me from Miami today to say that all executives and ships now know that anyone with the Select package - whether they bought it or were given it free as a promotion - will need to pay only $10 plus 18% grats. He said there won't be any problems on boarding and asking for the upgrade. Like others though, I'll be taking my email with me.

Have you got the Email for mike bailey. Can't seem to find it on here.

Robin

https://twitter.com/RoyalCaribbean you need to open up the tweets and replies part to see it

Thanks for that. Just took a screenshot of a couple of their responses.

In fairness we paid $15 per day incl service charge last Sep to upgrade to the Premium Package. The upgrade to the Deluxe is $11.80 incl service and that package includes more options.

Just a shame nobody thought what effect changing the drinks packages might have on some passengers. They could have made this a marketing coup. Email everyone ( or included it in the FAQ on the cruising power website so agents knew the answer ) with a Select package and say we are reducing the cost to upgrade onboard plus the Deluxe package you can upgrade too includes even more. Poor marketing and PR me thinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Just took a screenshot of a couple of their responses.

In fairness we paid $15 per day incl service charge last Sep to upgrade to the Premium Package. The upgrade to the Deluxe is $11.80 incl service and that package includes more options.

Just a shame nobody thought what effect changing the drinks packages might have on some passengers. They could have made this a marketing coup. Email everyone ( or included it in the FAQ on the cruising power website so agents knew the answer ) with a Select package and say we are reducing the cost to upgrade onboard plus the Deluxe package you can upgrade too includes even more. Poor marketing and PR me thinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yip first rule of buisness when making changes - IMPACT ANALYSIS - think they forgot that step in their haste to sell more expensive packages

New package is 46 a day on my April cruise, that includes 20 percent off, sounds like a good deal to me

I know right?! I booked it the moment I saw it on Tuesday for fear they would take away the discount for the weeks near Easter! We had planned on one for my DH but we were on the fence about one for me, but $46 including my lattes makes it a clear choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Robin, the confirmation email came through just after I posted my earlier message. But as others have said, RCI have now officially announced it on Twitter so I'll take a copy of my email and the Twitter page with me when I board next September. :)

I was going to book the Royal replenish package - we don't drink enough alcohol to justify buying anything else, but the new refreshment package is over $10 more expensive per person per day. For two people on a 13 day cruise that's a lot. And it doesn't offer anything extra. Bummer :(

I was going to book the Royal replenish package - we don't drink enough alcohol to justify buying anything else, but the new refreshment package is over $10 more expensive per person per day. For two people on a 13 day cruise that's a lot. And it doesn't offer anything extra. Bummer :(

Yeah, they made a lot of people happy with the value of the alcohol packages, but those who want the other 2 packages are left out, and paying more money. I wanted to buy the replenish for $19 ($15.20 with the discount), but they wouldn't let me because the trip is too far out. Now it's $26 and there's no discount. In reality it's only about $50 more, but I'm not sure it'll be worth it anymore, since my daughter may not drink enough fun drinks to make it worth buying the package vs paying a la carte. We had a $35 or so drink bill last cruise, lol. My daughter would have fun with it if she had it, but I probably won't buy it now.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Thank you. We are booked on a long cruise in November, and we pre-paid almost $1,300 for two Select packages because they included almost exactly what we wanted -- namely, wines up to $8 per glass, soft drinks, non-alcoholic mixed drinks ("mocktails"), certain beers, and juices. We had no intention of getting package upgrades on board, because we have no interest in drinking alcoholic cocktails and premium coffees.

Today we received an e-mail stating that our Select packages, despite being "discontinued," would be honored on board. Of course, RCI could not resist the opportunity to state that we could upgrade our packages to the new "Deluxe" level for $10 per day (that is, $11.80) once we were on board. Of course, we don't want to do that, because we would be wasting a lot of money -- almost $400 -- to purchase packages that include much that we would not drink.

Our reason for writing this is to voice great alarm as to what we may find on the ship -- namely, that there may no longer be ANY wines on the MDR/bar lists/menus under $8 per glass! In keeping with the higher-priced, new packages (especially the "Deluxe"), we fear that they have printed, or soon will print, entirely new bar menus and wine lists with "jacked-up" wine prices per glass, leaving people (like us) -- who really WANTED their Select packages -- with no wines to order!

Only if RCI does not change the prices per glass that were in effect in July (when we purchased our packages) -- (and we know exactly what those prices were, by varietal and vintner) -- will they be treating us fairly.

Is there anyone out there who can allay our worries/suspicions? If so, many thanks, in advance.

Edited by jg51

Yeah, they made a lot of people happy with the value of the alcohol packages, but those who want the other 2 packages are left out, and paying more money. I wanted to buy the replenish for $19 ($15.20 with the discount), but they wouldn't let me because the trip is too far out. Now it's $26 and there's no discount. In reality it's only about $50 more, but I'm not sure it'll be worth it anymore, since my daughter may not drink enough fun drinks to make it worth buying the package vs paying a la carte. We had a $35 or so drink bill last cruise, lol. My daughter would have fun with it if she had it, but I probably won't buy it now.

Ours is now $40.80 per day each, which means an extra $250 for he whole cruise :(